My wife, whilst drunk, thought she would establish a Password on my 9700 Bold, OK! Except she then woke up today and completely blanked on the Password!!!! Ahhhhh!

So, 9 attempts later, I have searched all day for a solution to no avail, except one forum suggested downloading Desktop Manger v3.2 or earlier - So, OK, no problem!!! 5 hours later, I cannot find any Desktop Manger to download before v4.6!

Can anyone tell me where the **** I can download v3.2 or earlier, as I cannot find it anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even know if it will work, but I really can't loose all the content and reset the phone.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
    03-27-10 02:51 PM
    Research in Motion takes BlackBerry security very seriously. If you are not able to provide the correct password, there is nothing that can be accomplished with a old version of the Desktop software.

I am sorry to tell you, it can't be done.
    03-27-10 02:56 PM
    where do I locate the applications i.e. privacy manager that I purchased from crackberry?
    03-27-10 03:04 PM
    where do I locate the applications i.e. privacy manager that I purchased from crackberry?
    Apps from CrackBerry are to be found by signing in to your account. Any upgrades will be found or changes can be made there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-10 03:22 PM
    My wife, whilst drunk, thought she would establish a Password on my 9700 Bold, OK! Except she then woke up today and completely blanked on the Password!!!! Ahhhhh!

So, 9 attempts later, I have searched all day for a solution to no avail, except one forum suggested downloading Desktop Manger v3.2 or earlier - So, OK, no problem!!! 5 hours later, I cannot find any Desktop Manger to download before v4.6!

Can anyone tell me where the **** I can download v3.2 or earlier, as I cannot find it anywhere!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't even know if it will work, but I really can't loose all the content and reset the phone.

HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ick...hope you made a backup recently because Reed's right, you cannot recover the info without the password. I'd say the wife owes you some "favours"

03-27-10 03:36 PM
    agree with maxiang your SOL without your backups....
    03-27-10 03:43 PM
    quick question for those that know, say if he does put in the last password try incorrectly. Does that wipe the phone of all its info??

And say if said info is wiped, can he potentially re-load an OS on there and run the phone again? or will the password still be there?
    03-27-10 03:48 PM
    IIRC the final entry of a wrong password triggers a dialog which asks you to type "blackberry" as confirmation of a security wipe. When it is done the phone is about as close as it will ever get to As Manufactured configuration. No password, no files... nothing.
    03-27-10 04:17 PM
    I wiped my Pearl once and I lost all my contacts, themes and texts but not any apps that i had paid for like Monopoly and etc... its not the end of the world if you have a backup...
    Last edited by bluedragonfly; 03-27-10 at 04:57 PM. Reason: typo
    03-27-10 04:56 PM
    Sorry to tell you, but you're SOL. That sucks to hear and hopefully now you start backing up.
    03-27-10 05:06 PM
    wow, moral of this story-dont let drunk wife play with expensive Blackberry
    03-27-10 07:12 PM
    It's interesting. I've set passwords/codes on various devices like my Tivo, tv-adult settings, and the like just so that no one else would play or accidently set a password but I have NOT done it on my Tour. Something to think about.
    03-27-10 08:00 PM
    It's interesting. I've set passwords/codes on various devices like my Tivo, tv-adult settings, and the like just so that no one else would play or accidently set a password but I have NOT done it on my Tour. Something to think about.
    Something to seriously think about.
    03-27-10 09:23 PM
    that sucks man
    03-27-10 09:49 PM
    Something to seriously think about.
    I'm not sure that I really want to deal with a password on the BB. Certain data is already protected by DataVault. What I'd probably like is a way to disable being able to even set a password.
    03-27-10 11:48 PM
    i feel ya pain man, i forgot the password i set on my password keeper app
    03-27-10 11:53 PM
    Haven't had this particular problem, but I did wake up last week to find that my four year old daughter decided to play a joke on my wife and I: she snuck into our room while we were sleeping and stole our blackberry tours. She then thought it would be funny to scratch out the screens like they were an etch a sketch (breaking the screens in the process)using a pair of cuticle scissors! very funny indeed. HAHAsniffsniffAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIII

Lucky enough we had insurance and assurion sent us two new phones, though it did cost us $100.00 deductible for both phones..........................
    03-28-10 12:05 AM
    I Change My BB Password Weekly, Sensitive Texts You See & My School Friends Decide To Try And Read Them. The Majority Of The Time They Find Out My Password Before The Last Attempt
    03-30-10 05:04 AM
    Haven't had this particular problem, but I did wake up last week to find that my four year old daughter decided to play a joke on my wife and I: she snuck into our room while we were sleeping and stole our blackberry tours. She then thought it would be funny to scratch out the screens like they were an etch a sketch (breaking the screens in the process)using a pair of cuticle scissors! very funny indeed. HAHAsniffsniffAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIII

Lucky enough we had insurance and assurion sent us two new phones, though it did cost us $100.00 deductible for both phones..........................
    Lol, our son decided to wash the car with a handful of stones when he was 2

03-30-10 07:29 AM
    yeah but what happens there is the miss's picks up closest comm's device which is yours cause hers is burried in all the junk at the bottom of her purse and says "HEY WHAT UP WITH THE PASSWORD ON THE PHONE? WHAT ARE YOU HIDING? YADA YADA YADA. youe see where im going there.

i tell them "i dont want you see my girlfriends txt messages that im too stupid to delete so you cant read them?"
    usually goes over ok sometimes.
    03-30-10 01:59 PM
    Sorry to the OP from this end also- but you're hosed man. May as well wipe it and start from scratch. BB security is very unforgiving and designed to be that way.

Let's see, wife resets phone password while blotto and then has no recollection of said event. Want a referral for a divorce lawyer in your area?
    03-30-10 02:12 PM
    Here's a ? If you wipe a fone and you have a password set for your media card will it wipe that as well or will it still be password protected?

03-30-10 02:51 PM
    hmm i've done thee same thinq to my hubby; xcept i wasnt drunk. hehe it was a qudd thinq thee phone was only two weeks old there wasnt much on there to be lost. ha' buhh on thee other hand he was pretty mad at me for awhile. oops.! now am not allowedd to touch his BB hehe.
    03-30-10 03:58 PM
    Oh man.. that sucks.. sorry!
    03-30-10 04:25 PM
    ...it was a qudd thinq thee phone.....ha' buhh on thee other hand...
    What? what's a qudd thing? I'm confused...
    03-30-10 05:56 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD