I blame BlackBerry for being lame and not Apple because FedEx probably get more business from Apple so they are prioritized.
    10-09-13 09:42 AM
    Here is something to think about . Just because it says FedEx , don't always think it will be handled by Express. What you got is FedEx Post which is FedEx w conjunction with the Post Office . You should have taken the 3 day option. Expedited does not mean Express. Now if they had Express Save, 2day or PriorityOvernight, then you would have Express . What you choose was Ground with Postal Service.
    10-09-13 09:50 AM
    anything to do with the Post Office is almost always a Nightmare. I have shipped boxes of books via the post office media mail. 4 large boxes of books shipped to Georgia, 2 made it the third box was delivered but empty and the 4th was lost stolen who the hell knows where it went.

A where another shipment shipped the same way on a box of books worth $275.00 just gone! Howw does that happen except **** poor service and theives that work for the US Post Office! I have lost about $500.00 worth of product becasue of them. No wonder why they are going out of business.

Tip for the Day... Take Over night shipping or 2-3 shipping with either FEDEx or UPS. if it is expensive
    10-09-13 10:34 AM
    I ordered a q10 directly from the BlackBerry website. They had two mail options, one was FedEx 3 day, the other was FedEx Expedited. They also had a disclaimer that handling times are not included in the shipment estimate. I figured I'd wait an extra day or two and picked Expedited. WRONG MOVE SUCKA. Took less than 48 hours to confirm shipment and send a tracking number. Kept checking the tracking number and it said label had been created but no drop off yet. A day later finally showed item had been accepted at it's origin in Indianapolis and delivery estimate was 6 days...headed into the weekend now. No updates for another two days on the Fed Ex website. Last update showed it had arrived in Kansas city and now showed delivery would be on the 8TH DAY, not the 8th day after I ordered it, but the 8th day after it was accepted by Fed-Ex. Tag another 3 days for the handling and were approaching half a month status! I didn't even know FedEx has such slow delivery times. I think they made a special class of delivery just for BlackBerry, slow and disappointing. Anyhow, just waiting....makes me feel like I should have just purchased from Amazon and had it in 72 hours.
    You mention "They had two mail options, one was FedEx 3 day, the other was FedEx Expedited. They also had a disclaimer that handling times are not included in the shipment estimate."

Did the website actually give an ETA for delivery? Is it close to the actual travel time? (if not, contact for shipping refund). There still was an option for quicker delivery, though. (not sure what price difference is).

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    10-09-13 10:49 AM
    I recently had a similar experience with the UPS version of this. Horrible.

My package went from Dallas to Orlando (right past me) in 7 days. Then from Orlando to a PO about 25 miles away, 2 days. Took them 2 days to realize that they weren't the parent PO, so it got sent to another PO 50 miles away that is the parent. Stayed there 2 days, shipped to my PO and delivered 2 days later.

Retailer had only stated UPS.
    10-09-13 11:12 AM
    Apparently a company called 'Digital River' handles their online direct sales.

They should have hired shop.CrackBerry.com instead, you would have had it in your hands before your receipt finished printing. Well, not *that* fast, but... they are crazy fast.
    10-09-13 11:21 AM
    To OP: Check your phone, properly! and demand a shipping return! Fire Fedex!
    Okay, the current "fire" list, as compiled by perusing the CB forums, now includes the following:

Thorsten Heins (but only in a way that blocks the golden parachute)
    Frank Boulben
    Alec Saunders
    All U.S. carriers
    The U.S. Media
    U.S. consumers
    The entire U.S.
    Alicia Keys
    Apple
    Apple Stores
    Apple users
    Fiona Apple (just in case)
    Cat burglars
    Burglar cats
    Peter Misek
    ROGERS
    FedEx (new)

Thanks for yor input.
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    10-09-13 11:27 AM
    I think even my CrackBerry packages take at least a week to get here. Most of my online purchases take 1-3 weeks. If I got anything in 72 hours it would definitely be a huge shock to me.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    10-09-13 11:31 AM
    Okay, the current "fire" list, as compiled by perusing the CB forums, now includes the following:

Thorsten Heins (but only in a way that blocks the golden parachute)
    Frank Boulben
    Alec Saunders
    All U.S. carriers
    The U.S. Media
    U.S. consumers
    The entire U.S.
    Alicia Keys
    Apple
    Apple Stores
    Apple users
    Fiona Apple (just in case)
    Cat burglars
    Burglar cats
    Peter Misek
    ROGERS
    FedEx (new)

Thanks for yor input.
    wait a minute... how did all that came into that?

Since you're quoting me,

That particular message just to ask the OP to check the packaging once its arrived, and fire Fedex, you know, like a real 5 hour long verbal lecture to FedEx.. Not that kind of ... layoff firing?

Wait a minute, that's because I used the word fire wrongly. gargh.

Okay, reword: Check the package, give FedEx a verbal shower of lectures on punctuality. That OUGHT to be better.
    10-09-13 11:46 AM
    Relax people, the whole experience sucked for the OP regardless of whose fault it was.

I mean, shipping transit delays do happen despite the fact that we've become so accustomed to almost perfect performance by UPS/Fedex. Planes have issues, trucks can crash, weird snow storms cause delays, etc.

But in reality, in this day and age it shouldn't take days of processing before a mobile device is shipped. I mean, is it custom made? It's not exactly a piece of furniture that is made to order, it's a small box that is sitting on a warehouse shelf... how hard is it for them to 'process' an order for it? They only have four types devices!

So... regardless of the individual delays in the OP's case, the whole arrangement BlackBerry has is sub-optimal even in the best case scenario.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 12:02 PM
    I neglected to say to the OP - nice choice on the Q10
    The best things in life are worth waiting for? Go with that interpretation of the whole issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 01:04 PM
    Seriously?! Everyone has had a FedEx, UPS or even expedited USPS issue!! This is NOT BB's fault AT ALL. You should call FedEx and get ask to get reimbursed if the conditiions of "expedited" ere not met. Soon they'll blame the sinking of the Titanic on BB !!!
    10-09-13 01:25 PM
    wow importing my phone from china to the UK only took 7 working days so that is an excessive time to be waiting for your Q10
    10-09-13 02:46 PM
    I get online orders delivered like this on a regular basis. Doesn't matter if they say UPS or FedEx, they usually deliver it to the Post Office then to my house. Funny thing is, or not really so funny, they both go right past my house to get to the Post Office!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 03:35 PM
    I never said it was a issue AnimalPak200 , I just let him know what was exactly going on with his delivery. And how do I know this. Maybe because I work for FedEx Express.

And there is also FedEx Ground, Office, Custom Critical, Freight, Supply, Logistics,and I might be forgetting some.
    10-10-13 12:47 AM
    Here is something to think about . Just because it says FedEx , don't always think it will be handled by Express. What you got is FedEx Post which is FedEx w conjunction with the Post Office . You should have taken the 3 day option. Expedited does not mean Express. Now if they had Express Save, 2day or PriorityOvernight, then you would have Express . What you choose was Ground with Postal Service.
    Quoted so people can read this again.

Canada post "expedited" usually takes over 2 weeks. I have no idea why they even call it "expedited".

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 02:29 AM
    Shouldn't you be taking this up with FedEx

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 02:45 AM
    Shouldn't you be taking this up with FedEx

Posted via CB10
    It seems more like a FedEx issue than a BlackBerry issue.

OP, it's definitely a nightmare that they are taking so long to ship your phone. Hopefully it should be resolved soon.

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    10-10-13 04:29 AM
43 12