I ordered a q10 directly from the BlackBerry website. They had two mail options, one was FedEx 3 day, the other was FedEx Expedited. They also had a disclaimer that handling times are not included in the shipment estimate. I figured I'd wait an extra day or two and picked Expedited. WRONG MOVE SUCKA. Took less than 48 hours to confirm shipment and send a tracking number. Kept checking the tracking number and it said label had been created but no drop off yet. A day later finally showed item had been accepted at it's origin in Indianapolis and delivery estimate was 6 days...headed into the weekend now. No updates for another two days on the Fed Ex website. Last update showed it had arrived in Kansas city and now showed delivery would be on the 8TH DAY, not the 8th day after I ordered it, but the 8th day after it was accepted by Fed-Ex. Tag another 3 days for the handling and were approaching half a month status! I didn't even know FedEx has such slow delivery times. I think they made a special class of delivery just for BlackBerry, slow and disappointing. Anyhow, just waiting....makes me feel like I should have just purchased from Amazon and had it in 72 hours.
    Last edited by sevoman; 10-08-13 at 12:16 AM.
    Mack Gans and richardat like this.
    10-08-13 12:05 AM
    Sounds like a total nightmare. Sorry to hear this.
    10-08-13 12:08 AM
    Sounds like a total nightmare. Sorry to hear this.
    im actually now concerned that its going to be some returned unit that has been polished off and repackaged. i just dont know what to think about BB anymore.
    10-08-13 12:12 AM
    im actually now concerned that its going to be some returned unit that has been polished off and repackaged. i just dont know what to think about BB anymore.
    I don't think they will send a refurbished one
    10-08-13 12:16 AM
    I don't think they will send a refurbished one
    I hope not. Really no way to tell if it's repackaged and coming from the factory. I do remember reports of massive returns and I have not really seen any refurbished devices for sale by BB or anyone else. Kinda wonder what happened to all those returns.
    10-08-13 12:19 AM
    I ordered another white Z10 directly from BlackBerry; just got it today. It's a brand new 100-3, not used or refurbished. However, the screen is the standard warmer white balance variant. I have a couple other Z10s which had whiter screens (one was almost pale blue white which I loved til it took an unexpected bath.) The pure white screens are few and far between now, unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 12:54 AM
    WRONG MOVE SUCKA!

Sent from my BlackBerry
    10-08-13 12:58 AM
    I ordered another white Z10 directly from BlackBerry; just got it today. It's a brand new 100-3, not used or refurbished. However, the screen is the standard warmer white balance variant. I have a couple other Z10s which had whiter screens (one was almost pale blue white which I loved til it took an unexpected bath.) The pure white screens are few and far between now, unfortunately.

Posted via CB10
    I would be really upset if that happened to me. I pre-ordered my z10 from att and it is one of the pure white ones. The warmer, yellowish ones just look awful when you put them side by side. I have had 4 z10s and mine was the only one with the pure white screen. I would be really upset if I lost it and had to replace it with one of the off yellow displays. I would have thought buying direct from BlackBerry would be one of the ways you were most likely to get a pure white,but I guess not...sorry to hear that!

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 01:03 AM
    Ask for a discount! If u don't ask, you dont get!

Q10 10.2.0.1725 thanks BL Team
    sevoman likes this.
    10-08-13 01:10 AM
    Don't know about FedEx time policies but if your shipment is later than the guaranteed date here with Canada post you can apply for a full shipping refund. Can you not do the same?

CB10 - Z10 -10.2.0.1725
    BerryWife likes this.
    10-08-13 02:51 AM
    I ordered a q10 directly from the BlackBerry website. They had two mail options, one was FedEx 3 day, the other was FedEx Expedited. They also had a disclaimer that handling times are not included in the shipment estimate. I figured I'd wait an extra day or two and picked Expedited. WRONG MOVE SUCKA. Took less than 48 hours to confirm shipment and send a tracking number. Kept checking the tracking number and it said label had been created but no drop off yet. A day later finally showed item had been accepted at it's origin in Indianapolis and delivery estimate was 6 days...headed into the weekend now. No updates for another two days on the Fed Ex website. Last update showed it had arrived in Kansas city and now showed delivery would be on the 8TH DAY, not the 8th day after I ordered it, but the 8th day after it was accepted by Fed-Ex. Tag another 3 days for the handling and were approaching half a month status! I didn't even know FedEx has such slow delivery times. I think they made a special class of delivery just for BlackBerry, slow and disappointing. Anyhow, just waiting....makes me feel like I should have just purchased from Amazon and had it in 72 hours.
    This is new. Apple uses FedEx and they ship at record speed. When will BlackBerry pull it's crap together. *palms to face*
    10-08-13 02:53 AM
    How much does Apple take for iPhone online orders?
    Same question for Google Nexus devices.

I would love it, if someone could put it into perspective for me, because when I order my phones from Amazon (they are [mostly] in a class on their own in Europe, considering delivery time and consumer support), I normally wait for 2-3 days until they are at my destination, without paying extra fees for an express delivery.

9 days just sounds awful...
    Sorry to hear that, dear original poster.

Posted via CB10
    sevoman likes this.
    10-08-13 02:55 AM
    This is new. Apple uses FedEx and they ship at record speed. When will BlackBerry pull it's crap together. *palms to face*
    To this guy, may I ask, how does a Fedex problem becomes... a BlackBerry fault?

To OP: Check your phone, properly! and demand a shipping return! Fire Fedex!
    10-08-13 07:27 AM
    I would have been rip**** to say the least.
    10-08-13 07:37 AM
    To this guy, may I ask, how does a Fedex problem becomes... a BlackBerry fault?

To OP: Check your phone, properly! and demand a shipping return! Fire Fedex!
    Well don't shoot the messenger.

First, you need to realize that every little thing counts to some people, even shipping. Heck, even a company such as Apple has a site dedicated to explaining shipping. Yes they're that friggin serious and competent about satisfying their customers even when it comes to shipping.

Here's a surprise in case you haven't experienced it: My friend ordered a stupid hdmi cable from them and received his package the next day...how did that happen that his item was less than $50, used standard shipping and it delivered the next day? Maybe by accident? Beats the hell outa me, but it is Apple who shipped it and FedEx who delivered it. Then there's something else that tells me maybe it's more than just accident.

EDIT: Three years ago, I have received my MacBook exactly two days from ordering w/standard ship. This includes the people I know who has ordered a Mac/iPhone and all have something positive to say about their shipping experience. It seems sometimes we need to double up on little things that don't even matter. As much as we loath all things what the competition does, I still give credit where it's due and I don't have the meatball problem that's known here. So you'd say Who gives a hoot as to what they do, but it is what it is.

This guy? Please...
    Last edited by WhiteSpir1t; 10-08-13 at 10:38 AM.
    sevoman likes this.
    10-08-13 10:04 AM
    I heard this happened to a friend of mine

Channel: C001201DD for media!
    10-08-13 03:01 PM
    You guys are kidding, right? This is Fedex's fault not Blackberry's. FedEx recently just lost a package of mine sent to me from my father, an expensive music item (stage monitor). Lost it. Gone. They reimbursed us. **** happens. Nothing to do with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    bluetroll and BravoZuluDelta like this.
    10-08-13 05:17 PM
    You guys are kidding, right? This is Fedex's fault not Blackberry's. FedEx recently just lost a package of mine sent to me from my father, an expensive music item (stage monitor). Lost it. Gone. They reimbursed us. **** happens. Nothing to do with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Actually it does. Here is what I found out and the latest update. Blackberry contracts out it's shipping solutions to another company. This company has chosen "FedEx SmartPost" as it's default shipping solution. What FedEx Smart Post does is the following. The item is dropped off at a FedEx office, in up to but less than 48 hours after order is placed. FedEx will transport the package via ground/air at most economical (slowest) service. THE PACKAGE IS DELIVERED TO YOUR LOCAL POST OFFICE BY FED EX. At this point the post office has 48 hours to also handle and route and then deliver to your door. I did some research and it seems this is the worst, slowest, but also cheapest method for cross country deliveries to non business destinations. The delivery estimate by FedEx which I assumed was to my door, is actually to my post office. From there I can tack on another 48 hours before getting it. This whole thing, from online order to delivery is going to run about 13 days. They also already charged my card. I just hope BB is still in business when I get my Blackberry phone!

Why do I say this is partially BB's fault? Because DELL/Apple or pretty much any other company does not offer FE smart post even as an option. Of course, if there would be any complaints BB would just blame the shipping solution company they hired out to and say it's their fault. Just as they have laid blame on the carriers for the delay in their products hitting the market, and how they have blamed leaked versions of bbm and google play store for their bbm delay. If my company's rep was on the line, I would at least make sure that quick shipping methods were used by my shipping partners. Fed Ex will deliver with what you choose, the choice is with BB.
    richardat likes this.
    10-08-13 06:39 PM
    Well don't shoot the messenger.

First, you need to realize that every little thing counts to some people, even shipping. Heck, even a company such as Apple has a site dedicated to explaining shipping. Yes they're that friggin serious and competent about satisfying their customers even when it comes to shipping.

Here's a surprise in case you haven't experienced it: My friend ordered a stupid hdmi cable from them and received his package the next day...how did that happen that his item was less than $50, used standard shipping and it delivered the next day? Maybe by accident? Beats the hell outa me, but it is Apple who shipped it and FedEx who delivered it. Then there's something else that tells me maybe it's more than just accident.

EDIT: Three years ago, I have received my MacBook exactly two days from ordering w/standard ship. This includes the people I know who has ordered a Mac/iPhone and all have something positive to say about their shipping experience. It seems sometimes we need to double up on little things that don't even matter. As much as we loath all things what the competition does, I still give credit where it's due and I don't have the meatball problem that's known here. So you'd say Who gives a hoot as to what they do, but it is what it is.

This guy? Please...
    Since Apple has a good partnership with Fedex, therefore the assumption is that all other electronics company *MUST* have the same level of efficiency such as with Fedex, right?

You're praising Apple. What I'm pointing out was, how does a delivery fault becomes BlackBerry's fault, when clearly, as per OP's statement:

A day later finally showed item had been accepted at it's origin in Indianapolis and delivery estimate was 6 days...headed into the weekend now. No updates for another two days on the Fed Ex website. Last update showed it had arrived in Kansas city and now showed delivery would be on the 8TH DAY, not the 8th day after I ordered it, but the 8th day after it was accepted by Fed-Ex. Tag another 3 days for the handling and were approaching half a month status
    Fedex has a reputation in my country that goes "next day delivery", even on the most ridiculous terrains. But if they can't make it in one day, they won't allow you to purchase the "next day delivery" ticket/patch.

But let's really look into the issue. I can't really give 2 hoots about how Apple goes all the way to treat its customers. Wonderful service, so you say so... *clap clap clap*. *gapes in amazement* *closes mouth* Okay. So?

What am I supposed to do here? What does it help the OP? My post on that at the very least pointed out the "captain obvious" part of it, that if you're going to blame BlackBerry for a delivery fault (hey, BlackBerry is NO FEDEX), then it might not seem outrageous to even claim that BlackBerry is the reason why the USA's government shutdown since BlackBerry devices have some parts in the communication, and since they are shut down as well, the folks up and down the senate and house can't communicate with each other, bla bla bla bla. Throw in the global warming for the icing on top too shall we not? Since BlackBerry does create devices that uses rare metal, bla bla bla. The extremes goes on.

BlackBerry sells, but the partner that delivers it didn't perform. I'm surprised that Fedex that supposedly thrives on "super fast to on-time delivery", actually takes nearly a month to deliver to the OP. And the thing is, somehow its BlackBerry's fault? I mean, really? BlackBerry's fault that Fedex couldn't deliver? Really?

Let me suggest you an alternative theory. Why not we say Fedex wants Apple's business, that its willing to really screw BlackBerry deliveries so that they get 5 star ratings from Apple's customers (hey, what's wrong with losing out a 'potentially soon to be out of business' business anyway, as long as we keep and retain a really big customer, Apple?) I think that's more plausible, since I'm sure that with all your wordings, Apple had all figured it out, and paid a really good sum to Fedex for the "wow delivery experience" you're saying.

Here's the one kicker here:

I googled something and this came up.
    Flexible FedEx Home Delivery� Service

Then I re-read the OP's posts, then OP mentioned FEDEX SMART POST. I'm assuming this is it, at face value:
    FedEx SmartPost� Shipping & Tracking for Low Weight Packages

then it says this:

Features of Service

Below are some specific details about what convenient features and benefits FedEx SmartPost has to offer.
    Coverage to every residential address in the U.S., including P.O. boxes, APO, FPO and DPO destinations, Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, U.S. Virgin Islands and all other U.S. territories. FedEx SmartPost does not pickup packages originating outside the contiguous U.S.
    Transit Times typically 2 to 7 business days within the contiguous U.S., based on the final destination ZIP code. Longer transit times to destinations outside the contiguous U.S.
    Maximum weight is 70 lbs; maximum length and girth is 130 inches.
    Full FedEx SmartPost tracking visibility on fedex.com with estimated delivery date.
    No residential or Saturday delivery surcharges.
    Delivery scans available throughout the day.
    Limit of liability is $100.
    Customer reports via FedEx� Reporting Online.
    Transit Times typically 2 to 7 business days within the contiguous U.S., based on the final destination ZIP code. Longer transit times to destinations outside the contiguous U.S.

Now my point is this: There is always a "guaranteed delivery", or in the case of Fedex there ought to be a "maximum time limit". In this case they worded it so that some parts of US (I have no idea what contiguous and outside the contiguous U.S means, care to clarify people?) will make 2-7 days, and some others longer. I don't know the term properly, probably Americans call it the "bottomline", deliver, or fail spectacularly. In the case of the postal service its reputation lives and dies by how it is delivered.

But there's a guarantee. That it will be delivered. Or the deliver agent bears the responsibility to reimburse. Not always honored though.

Does BlackBerry becomes responsible while in transit? No. Because it is the responsibility of the delivery entity to be able to deliver. That's why there is a postal service, be it governmental or private.

I mean, all this while talking about the postal services, how the heck did BlackBerry get dragged into this? I can imagine the possibility IF the guy doing the delivery was a BlackBerry agent that followed the parcel all the way through from whichever warehouse it was taken from right to the intended doorstep of the reciepient... But... Wasn't it Fedex that picks and delivers?

So what it has to do with BlackBerry again other than picking a bad partner / deal? I mean, its those Fedex folks that run to deliver, no?
    sevoman and Sith_Apprentice like this.
    10-09-13 05:25 AM
    One month delivery time is unacceptable for a product that would otherwise be sitting in a factory collecting dust.
    10-09-13 08:23 AM
    Since Apple has a good partnership with Fedex, therefore the assumption is that all other electronics company *MUST* have the same level of efficiency such as with Fedex, right?

You're praising Apple. What I'm pointing out was, how does a delivery fault becomes BlackBerry's fault, when clearly, as per OP's statement:

Fedex has a reputation in my country that goes "next day delivery", even on the most ridiculous terrains. But if they can't make it in one day, they won't allow you to purchase the "next day delivery" ticket/patch.

But let's really look into the issue. I can't really give 2 hoots about how Apple goes all the way to treat its customers. Wonderful service, so you say so... *clap clap clap*. *gapes in amazement* *closes mouth* Okay. So?

What am I supposed to do here? What does it help the OP? My post on that at the very least pointed out the "captain obvious" part of it, that if you're going to blame BlackBerry for a delivery fault (hey, BlackBerry is NO FEDEX), then it might not seem outrageous to even claim that BlackBerry is the reason why the USA's government shutdown since BlackBerry devices have some parts in the communication, and since they are shut down as well, the folks up and down the senate and house can't communicate with each other, bla bla bla bla. Throw in the global warming for the icing on top too shall we not? Since BlackBerry does create devices that uses rare metal, bla bla bla. The extremes goes on.

BlackBerry sells, but the partner that delivers it didn't perform. I'm surprised that Fedex that supposedly thrives on "super fast to on-time delivery", actually takes nearly a month to deliver to the OP. And the thing is, somehow its BlackBerry's fault? I mean, really? BlackBerry's fault that Fedex couldn't deliver? Really?

Let me suggest you an alternative theory. Why not we say Fedex wants Apple's business, that its willing to really screw BlackBerry deliveries so that they get 5 star ratings from Apple's customers (hey, what's wrong with losing out a 'potentially soon to be out of business' business anyway, as long as we keep and retain a really big customer, Apple?) I think that's more plausible, since I'm sure that with all your wordings, Apple had all figured it out, and paid a really good sum to Fedex for the "wow delivery experience" you're saying.

Here's the one kicker here:

I googled something and this came up.
    Flexible FedEx Home Delivery� Service

Then I re-read the OP's posts, then OP mentioned FEDEX SMART POST. I'm assuming this is it, at face value:
    FedEx SmartPost� Shipping & Tracking for Low Weight Packages

then it says this:

Now my point is this: There is always a "guaranteed delivery", or in the case of Fedex there ought to be a "maximum time limit". In this case they worded it so that some parts of US (I have no idea what contiguous and outside the contiguous U.S means, care to clarify people?) will make 2-7 days, and some others longer. I don't know the term properly, probably Americans call it the "bottomline", deliver, or fail spectacularly. In the case of the postal service its reputation lives and dies by how it is delivered.

But there's a guarantee. That it will be delivered. Or the deliver agent bears the responsibility to reimburse. Not always honored though.

Does BlackBerry becomes responsible while in transit? No. Because it is the responsibility of the delivery entity to be able to deliver. That's why there is a postal service, be it governmental or private.

I mean, all this while talking about the postal services, how the heck did BlackBerry get dragged into this? I can imagine the possibility IF the guy doing the delivery was a BlackBerry agent that followed the parcel all the way through from whichever warehouse it was taken from right to the intended doorstep of the reciepient... But... Wasn't it Fedex that picks and delivers?

So what it has to do with BlackBerry again other than picking a bad partner / deal? I mean, its those Fedex folks that run to deliver, no?
    You need to learn how to read.

No where in my post did I say anything was BlackBerry's fault. Obviously whatever praise I credited Apple for was also in conjunction with their FedEx partnership.

I don't care what country you say you from, but the bulk of Apple shipments happen with FedEx and a handful are others such as UPS. Nonetheless, it's FedEx the US is dealing with when it comes to Apple.

So am I in the wrong for saying that shipment and delivery is fast? I'm telling you what it is and you're already judging everything politically.

The point I made was for BlackBerry to find its place in quality and service extends all the way to shipment and delivery. It's really that ironic and people do base their experience of Apple at that level. Apple definitely deserves my praise for their streak; however, you think I should be "praising".......BlackBerry?? Or should i be praising Samsung??

You sir, have a meatball problem.

Sent from my Motorola Startac
    10-09-13 08:55 AM

No where in my post did I say anything was BlackBerry's fault. Obviously whatever praise I credited Apple for was also in conjunction with their FedEx partnership.

I don't care what country you say you from, but the bulk of Apple shipments happen with FedEx and a handful are others such as UPS. Nonetheless, it's FedEx the US is dealing with when it comes to Apple.

So am I in the wrong for saying that shipment and delivery is fast? I'm telling you what it is and you're already judging everything politically.

This is absolutely a FedEx issue. 2-7 days would have passed. Contact them and demand a refund for your shipping. I have had significant issues with FedEx in the past and they have *usually* honored the refund for shipping. Not one of these was related to BlackBerry. As was said before, once it was picked up from BlackBerry, this was no longer an issue on their end. So let us stop the bashing of BlackBerry and focus on the actual issue.

Title changed to reflect the actual focus of the thread.
    badiyee, needforbbx and BeautyEh like this.
    10-09-13 09:03 AM

The point I made was for BlackBerry to find its place in quality and service extends all the way to shipment and delivery. It's really that ironic and people do base their experience of Apple at that level. Apple definitely deserves my praise for their streak; however, you think I should be "praising".......BlackBerry?? Or should i be praising Samsung??

Oh you, sir, you jest too much. I can certainly read and comprehend, just like you. The only thing I do different from you is how I interpret what I read. let's go back a point or two, shall we?

1. You said this: No where in my post did I say anything was BlackBerry's fault. Obviously whatever praise I credited Apple for was also in conjunction with their FedEx partnership.

then you said this:

The point I made was for BlackBerry to find its place in quality and service extends all the way to shipment and delivery. It's really that ironic and people do base their experience of Apple at that level.

Then let's re-read the first sentence you wrote here, that is
    No where in my post did I say anything was BlackBerry's fault.
    and just a snippet I'll cut right at the previous post you made:

Bolded for your reference, see.

So why the reference with Apple then? You're subconsciously pointing that Apple does things so good, and its brought into this thread. What's the purpose? Just to say Apple's that damn good? And what does that have to relate to FEDEX delivering BlackBerry devices poorly? Oh, wait, you said this:

Bolded again, for reference. Please offer your theory. However, the entire quote you said here points to Apple having a REALLY good relationship with FEDEX. Please again, how does that relate to the poor guy having his BlackBerry failed to be delivered on time by FEDEX / way past the maximum delivery date by FEDEX? I already point to an alternate theory, I offered it. I even went as far as to put a bottom line to that.

Oh by the way, I didn't ask you to praise BlackBerry or Samsung, far from it. To use your own quote,

Because I was clearly stating,
    You're praising Apple. What I'm pointing out was, how does a delivery fault becomes BlackBerry's fault, when clearly, as per OP's statement

One final bit:

We could have given a proper discussion about how BlackBerry can / should / could do with either UPS, FEDEX or the National Postage (i'm not sure if I got it right). You don't need to care about where I come from, all you need to care is the argument that FEDEX's reputation lies within how fast it can deliver, and how its delivered. In this case, the OP's BlackBerry. And you still haven't really touched why its a BlackBerry problem yet. I have at the very least offered a counter argument that it wasn't supposed to be a BlackBerry problem if per OP's statement, the issue was the delivery.

You seem to be claiming that I have a meatball problem. Do you want to supply meatballs to me then? I'm not sure I want your meatballs, but I'm not so sure how I have a.... meatball problem when I clearly don't have a meatball stated in this thread? Care to elaborate?
    10-09-13 09:33 AM
    Welcome to the world of online shopping. This is a nightmare, but for once not caused by BB
    10-09-13 09:33 AM
    Feel the need to clarify myself. BlackBerry did no wrong and it is not BlackBerry's fault!!!

I apologize to those who misconstrued my post. I was only comparing the shipping/delivery service with...well ok.

10-09-13 09:39 AM
43 12