BlackBerry Z30 vs. iPhone 5s: Rethinking What We Want in a Smartphone

I found this article really nice. Take a look and share your thoughts

Posted via CB 10 on my BlackBerry Z10
    11-05-13 11:27 AM
    Yes indeed a good article. The points he makes are exactly what I think. My Z30 is the best phone out there period.

Posted via my BlackBerry Z30.
    11-05-13 11:37 AM
    My girl finally got her 5s last night. Played with it for a few minutes and hated it. The UI looks archaic and the keyboard is nowhere close to that of my Z10's. Also, I've gotten so used to swipe gestures that I find using a home button quite tedious.

I honestly don't know how this phone sold so well. It's very stale and not even Apples's 1st class marketing should have been enough for such incredible sales.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 11:43 AM
    Very nice find. Thanks for posting. I agree with the article, but that's just me.
    11-05-13 11:43 AM
    Thank you for sharing! It pretty much sums up how I made my decision to get the Z10. Prioritize needs, research, purchase the best fit. Most folks I know have purchased phones on a whim or based on effective marketing. Not saying it is wrong, but usually not a logical decision.
    11-05-13 11:50 AM
    11-05-13 12:19 PM
    Kay

11-05-13 12:24 PM
    I read the article and thought only one thing: This is BB folks talking to BB folks. Everything the writer said is correct....the most correct IS that Apple told the market what should be the most valuable portion of a smartphone experience. Camera, space to load developer apps, and looking stylish.
    Everyone surly has to admit, the Apple brand has stylish, cool and easy to use all wrapped up. A BB is not easy to use, and we like it that way, but not everyone does. Apple even has "it just works" wrapped up and most informed folks know, it's not REALLY the case.

The point of my post is to say, the phone itself will have little effect on sales figures and market share. The real battle took place with marketing, and it was a real slaughter, years ago. Just ask HTC, NOKIA, Motorola and Palm.

I am glad I'm not cool enough to ignore the Z30.
    11-05-13 12:54 PM
    BlackBerry Z30 vs. iPhone 5s: Rethinking What We Want in a Smartphone

I found this article really nice. Take a look and share your thoughts

I stopped reading after: by rob enderle.
    Poirots Progeny likes this.
    11-05-13 03:39 PM
    Yes very interesting perspective; different from all the trashing ones.
    11-05-13 03:54 PM
    My girl finally got her 5s last night. Played with it for a few minutes and hated it. The UI looks archaic and the keyboard is nowhere close to that of my Z10's. Also, I've gotten so used to swipe gestures that I find using a home button quite tedious.

I honestly don't know how this phone sold so well. It's very stale and not even Apples's 1st class marketing should have been enough for such incredible sales.

Posted via CB10
    Would she could she handle a BB10 with out you guiding her every step of the way. Would she miss her favorite apps?
    11-05-13 04:15 PM
    Nice article... It is true, what good is a phone when it is dead ... I just wish they have the Z30 specs in a Z10 size in the works ... Z10.1 , the next gen Z10... hehehe
    11-05-13 04:50 PM