I really like using nfc between my own devices. But since most people don't know the specs of their smart phone, it's an under utilized feature.
    08-15-15 10:20 PM
    Funny..I tough i seen another thread about the use of NFC or lack of.
    Here it is.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post11858114
    08-15-15 10:29 PM
    I use NFC to transfer files among my two phones all the time. It's great.

But you're right, no one knows about it.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 11:25 AM
    Steve Jobs told "the Flock" it was no good!

Now look!
    cjcampbell and ssbtech like this.
    08-16-15 11:28 AM
    We BlackBerry users are tech savvy. I'm saying the average person doesn't use it, let alone know what it is.
    08-16-15 02:26 PM
    If you want to find a community of people who love and value NFC search 'One Plus 2' and 'NFC'

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-16-15 02:34 PM
    What's the point of that? NFC needs to be used IN PERSON!
    08-16-15 02:44 PM
    National Football Conference?

Posted via CB10
    shaleem and 3Dee like this.
    08-16-15 02:54 PM
    National Football Conference?

Posted via CB10
    Lmao

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 03:10 PM
    I transfer files from one device to another device...heck NFC saved my arse when I went from the 9930 to the Q10. DocsToGo sucks on BlackBerry10 so yes NFC is definitely a undervalued feature.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 03:12 PM
    People don't know what it is because the manufacturers who offer it have done a terrible job of showing it's usefulness.

Apple isn't any better with their Airdrop feature. Most people have no idea what it is or how to use it.
    shaleem likes this.
    08-16-15 03:14 PM
    We use it to share files and folders among our BlackBerry devices at home all the time. Just today I showed a friend with a Samsung Galaxy S5 how to share a file with my Z30. Love the feature.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 05:56 PM
    Peer-to-peer Wi-Fi which is what AirDrop uses is faster when transferring pictures or videos. People don't use it because sending pics by SMS or email is more reliable on the fly and you don't have to synchronize your actions.
    08-16-15 06:16 PM
    Peer-to-peer Wi-Fi which is what AirDrop uses is faster when transferring pictures or videos. People don't use it because sending pics by SMS or email is more reliable on the fly and you don't have to synchronize your actions.
    In my case I am on a corporate account which does not include picture or video texting, so I have to use alternatives.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 06:42 PM
    Steve Jobs told "the Flock" it was no good!

Now look!
    When and where did he come out against it? I'm genuinely curious as I remember him slamming Flash, bigger phones, and smaller tablets at different points, but I don't remember him saying much about NFC, so a link to a speech transcript or video would be appreciated. Of course, Apple is free to disregard anything he may have said about various things, especially if it benefits the company(cases in point being smaller tablets and bigger phones).
    08-16-15 07:16 PM
    I use an NFC tag to switch my phone modes at the office. I sit my Zed on the worksurface and the tag adjusts the settings, I have another inside my meeting binder and the last one is on the dash of my ride.
    08-16-15 07:35 PM
    When and where did he come out against it? I'm genuinely curious as I remember him slamming Flash, bigger phones, and smaller tablets at different points, but I don't remember him saying much about NFC, so a link to a speech transcript or video would be appreciated. Of course, Apple is free to disregard anything he may have said about various things, especially if it benefits the company(cases in point being smaller tablets and bigger phones).
    He didn't, but remember, this is CrackBerry. If a feature exists and no one knows about it or uses it much its Apple's fault.
    08-16-15 07:39 PM
    Even Apple is sometimes wrong. See phablets.

Whatever makes files sharing easier, they like to block it.... if it doesn't remain inside the Apple Walled Garden... ;-)

  BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!  
    08-16-15 07:43 PM
    Whatever makes files sharing easier, they like to block it.... if it doesn't remain inside the Apple Walled Garden... ;-)
    They don't like content being referred to as files. It's considered to be a user-unfriendly computing concept - "Here's a file. See if you have the right tool to open it. Oh, if it's an executable, then you could be screwed." A more user-friendly system is that if I want to send you some content then you should have the compatible app to receive it. Otherwise, it shouldn't be sent as a "file" you don't know what to do with.

Whether the transmission method is bluetooth, NFC, or peer-to-peer WiFi should be transparent to the user. Just because another smartphone users has NFC doesn't mean that they will be able to utilize the "file" you want to send. Look at how NFC is currently screwed up at the payment counter. They may have NFC and you may have NFC but you have no idea whether you can use it to pay for your transaction - a great time to find out is while people are waiting for you to pay.

That's why we end up with proprietary terms like Apple Pay or Google Wallet or CurrentC because NFC has turned out to be a useless term for describing electronic transactions.
    08-16-15 08:08 PM
    Even Apple is sometimes wrong. See phablets.

  BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!  
    Way to miss the point of my comment.
    08-17-15 07:40 AM
    And there was always Bluetooth file sharing which is quite fast as long as you are on the new revision.
    08-17-15 11:57 AM