Looking for some suggestions on which phone should be my next Blackberry. I currently have an 8900 OS 4.6, Wifi but no 3G, on AT&T.

I'll be eligible for an upgrade this summer (July). I don't really like the Torch, looks a bit too bulky. I really liked the 9700 when it first came out and I had dubbed it as my next phone. However that was over a year ago. Now I hear about the 9780, Touch, QNX phones etc...

So not sure what I may want as my next phone (and should I upgrade in July or wait for?....). Looking to ya'll for some suggestions. Again I'm on AT&T.

Thanks!
    Last edited by cbwannabe; 03-27-11 at 12:27 PM.
    03-27-11 12:25 PM
    The Bold Touch coming out this summer might be something worth looking at. I am thinking that is what I might do if there are no delays in this phone coming out. Do a one year with that and then hopefully the QNX BBs will be up and running!!
    03-27-11 12:31 PM
    Yep, BT is my next phone as well. I would try and hold out a little longer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-27-11 12:57 PM
    My upgrade is in May, and I am going to wait until the Bold Touch and Torch 2 are out. I'll get one of those, but I haven't decided which one at this point.

I would definitely recommend waiting, since the specs on the new devices will be much better than those on the 9700/9800.

I doubt if AT&T will even get the 9780, and if they do, it will be outdated compared to the new devices that are coming soon.
    cbwannabe likes this.
    03-27-11 01:06 PM
    Yep, BT is my next phone as well. I would try and hold out a little longer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Definitely. New round of phones are rumored to be arriving around the end of the summer (Q3, according to 'leaked' roadmaps). The Bold Touch is at the top of my list, but the Torch 2 will also be getting a very close look.
    03-27-11 01:50 PM
    Thanks for everyone's replies! Yep, think I'll wait until summer/late summer or whenever the Touch's come out. Just hope the cool new phones do make it to AT&T!

BTW, is the Touch supposed to be at least 3G?
    03-27-11 05:48 PM
    Thanks for everyone's replies! Yep, think I'll wait until summer/late summer or whenever the Touch's come out. Just hope the cool new phones do make it to AT&T!

BTW, is the Touch supposed to be at least 3G?
    Oh yeah! With 3G mobile hotspot.

Here's the thread with the rumored specs:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f235/bl...-specs-575707/

It should be a pretty sweet phone. Take everything you like about your 8900, double the processor speed and screen resolution, add a touch screen (if you've never used one, you'll be amazed at how quickly you'll become addicted to it), and a browser that's, well, sure to surprise you coming from a 4.6 device. Really looking forward to getting my mitts on one of these.
    cbwannabe likes this.
    03-27-11 05:57 PM
    I would definitely wait for the Monaco or Bold Touch.

If you want to stick with the classic BB, the Bold Touch would be an amazing device for you (I had the Storm and the Storm2... so I've had touch BBs for over 2 years and the Storm was my first BB). First time I moved to a classic BB was just a week ago when I got a refurbished Bold 9650 to hold me over... and I'm almost considering getting the Bold Touch over the Monaco...

But I would get one of those two devices!
    cbwannabe likes this.
    03-27-11 06:07 PM
    Yep, I've pretty much been convinced to wait for the Touch!

BTW, the 8900 I have now is my first BB, so yes I prefer the classic BB style.
    03-28-11 07:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD