I guess this can be moved to Armchair CEO section but I'd like to hear what people are thinking the next steps for BlackBerry now that 10.3.1 is out (almost)

This OS is heads and tails above the initial BB10 that was launched awhile ago. Now the world needs to know that a) BlackBerry is not dead/dying/on life support etc. And b) it's going to continue to grow.

Marketing ideas? Make some kind of launch at the next big tech trade show? Commercials?

While regrettably watching the Leafs game last night I saw a BlackBerry Classic commercial along the same lines as the Passport one from MLSE executive but that's pretty much geared to sports fans/hockey fans.

Do we need to see the same type of commercials we see for iPad during Oprah or more corporate sponsorship of events...

Will organic growth work fast enough for BlackBerry shareholders or do they need something that will make the market go "Holy SHIRPT"

Do they need to take what they're doing with the carriers and fix that first before a big marketing blitz...or both.

It's grown somewhat since BB10 was launched and its lasted 2 years longer than most critics thought it would so im giving them kudos on job done pretty good.

Now is the next step...so instead of ******** about things let's have a good discussion on what can be done.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    02-21-15 08:52 AM
    At first I fought this is an ceo armchair thread.

But if we think. It has been 2 years that bb10 is around. And the differences are like day and night.

2015 will be interesting.

But again. These so called "tech journalists" who wear skinny jeans, bhipster beards and are uber political correct and play candy crash won't ever be non biased towards BlackBerry. That's the problem.

You have top notch devices like a Passport, Classic and Z30 and you still get biased and negative press, because the so called tech jourlist with their "hollier than you"-attitude can't download theis starbucks or instagramm app.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 09:07 AM
    2015 will be the turnaround surely for BlackBerry. 10.3.1 is out in a style. All new experiences on my Z10 and Z30 devices.
    Critics envy and Blackberrians Pride!!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    02-21-15 09:11 AM
    I think it would be absolutely awesome if they had Kevin spacey dress up as frank underwood and have him using a passport and promote it and talk about awesome blackberry features!

Would be a sweet commercial

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:35 AM
    Release a new high end touchscreen device and market the damn thing. Pretty simple.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:45 AM
    BlackBerry is in possession of everybody's email address who has ever downloaded BBM. Apple spams my email address with their garbage almost every day. Why cant BB take advantage of this avenue to advertise. I cant tell you when last I received a email from BB, its that long ago. Its no use fixing relations with carriers and having phones on display when people don't know the phones are there.
    02-21-15 10:50 AM
    You might think so but I couldn't possibly comment.

I think it would be absolutely awesome if they had Kevin spacey dress up as frank underwood and have him using a passport and promote it and talk about awesome blackberry features!

Would be a sweet commercial

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    Skatophilia likes this.
    02-21-15 11:00 AM
    I'd be the last guy to know how marketing and such works so I'd offer this:

Take out some billboards and ads in high traffic public areas (subways, train stations, airports and centre of city area). Have a picture of the passport and classic side by side and a tag line like Curious? goto BlackBerry. Com. Now at what ever site you have setup have really good demo's and features of BlackBerry 10.

Hopefully not to expensive and effective. Just the iconic image of the two latest phones should drive some interest.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 07:13 PM
    I think this is the right time for promote BlackBerry 10 in a BIG way.
    This OS is definitely something that can catch peoples' eyes, if they see it and get familiar with it...

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 07:15 PM
    There is this perception that tech journalists are this huge barrier to BB10 adoption. That isn't correct.

I also don't believe a lack of marketing or a poor OS are issues either. The OS, in its own, had held its own for quite some time IMHO.
    02-21-15 07:35 PM
    I guess we'll have to wait and see what the roadmap is in march

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 08:04 PM
    Apple spams my email address with their garbage almost every day.
    So unsubscribe.
    02-21-15 09:06 PM