Anything but a blackberry.
    Such blatant trolling is not welcome here. Go away. Please.
    11-07-11 06:02 AM
    Well... I'm trying to stay optimistic about BBX.... My torch died for no reason 2 weeks ago. Verizon doesn't ship to APO's so I had to have it sent to my mom and then shipped to me here in Japan and I'm still waiting for it. We'll see if my new refurbed torch lasts longer than my brand new one (less than 30 days old). If that one dies I think it might be time to hang up the BB and switch to an android device. I have been looking at the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (I think the Nexus Prime was a better name)... But we'll see how everything pans out.

The Playbook is a great device and I enjoy it. But RIM has really REALLY disappointed me. A lot of promises and delays and it's finally gotten to me. **** its gotten to everyone. I've been noticing the last few weeks that news has been REALLY slow on crackberry. In the last week there really hasn't been any updates at all. It has me kinda worried. Sorry for the rant... I'm going to bed.
    11-07-11 06:07 AM
    I agree, anyone saying android is ugly or something of the sort has never really used it. Android is whatever you want it to be, if you don't like stock, you can install different launchers, keyboards, dialers, sms apps, the customization options are endless, and don't require root
    There are numerous Androids with amazing displays. And I've seen many examples of cool customizations with icons, layout, UI, etc.

But I believe the comment(s) about Android devices being ugly were referring to the hardware, as were the comments mentioning terms like "cheap" & "flimsy."

EDIT: sorry, I see someone else had already answered you
    11-07-11 06:09 AM
    I agree, anyone saying android is ugly or something of the sort has never really used it. Android is whatever you want it to be, if you don't like stock, you can install different launchers, keyboards, dialers, sms apps, the customization options are endless, and don't require root

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I don't necessarily find the OS to be ugly, I just find the physical look of the whole device to be unattractive. Whenever I see someone with an Android device, especially the ones made by HTC, I think they look so cheap. It's not anything to do with the OS, it's the general appearance of them.
    Last edited by moiselles; 11-07-11 at 07:20 AM.
    11-07-11 07:18 AM
    Looks reasonably nice, but that keyboard looks even more cramped than an old curve :-/

CS
    Actually the keyboard is quite nice. We have a few of them where I work. The only I have heard is one person saying if they get to close to the top of the keyboard the touchscreen activates at times. Other than that, people like the phone.
    11-07-11 07:28 AM
    I don't necessarily find the OS to be ugly, I just find the physical look of the whole device to be unattractive. Whenever I see someone with an Android device, especially the ones made by HTC, I think they look so cheap. It's not anything to do with the OS, it's the general appearance of them.
    In some cases I agree, but the Incredible 2 I had was the best feel in your hand of any phone I have had. HTC is good at compromising weight, thickness, and materials. I am not one who has to have metal in my phone.
    11-07-11 07:30 AM
    Gotcha. You don't like anything about anything.

Your profile is suspiciously missing your current device as well�

Seriously though, what do you like? The OP was asking for recommendations on what he should get next, after all.
    There's nothing suspicious about my current device being absent; it's optional and I don't feel I need to share anything with anyone on this site other than what I say in comments. However, I currently use an iPhone 4S if you must know. Not that what anybody says to OP will influence their decision in a phone, or at least it shouldn't; find a phone you like and get it, it's that simple.
    11-07-11 01:41 PM
    My current plan is to wait until the BlackBerry "Superphones" and make my decision based on how "Super" they actually turn out to be. If I were buying today I would get the 9900 over anything else out there. I don't like the keyboardless glass pad phones so I will definitely be upgrading to a phone with a physical QWERTY keypad.
    11-07-11 01:53 PM
    If the rumours are accurate, the 1st BBX "superphone" codenamed Colt will be without a physical keyboard.
    I really hope there are upcoming BBX devices with keyboards too. If not, RIM will be alienating a major piece of their userbase.
    11-07-11 02:27 PM
    I came back to BlackBerry from an HTC Evo 4g (my wife still has hers and she loves the Evo, to each his own) for the Torch 9800. I like it fine but after the Bold 9930 came out I just could not wait to get my hands on it.
    I think the 9810 is very nice and the larger screen is a plus but the keyboard gets overwhelmed by the keyboard of the Bold.
    Frankly, I love the NFC capability and would recommend it for any phone that has it. Several droids do.
    There is a great deal of emotion in purchasing a device. But, I would just get out a pencil and write down the 10 things that matter to you.

I simply love the Bold 9930 (and the 100 bucks in free apps as well as two free months of BBM Music is nice too) and you will see a huge difference in the web experience and youtube experience.

11-07-11 02:37 PM
    If the rumours are accurate, the 1st BBX "superphone" codenamed Colt will be without a physical keyboard.
    I really hope there are upcoming BBX devices with keyboards too. If not, RIM will be alienating a major piece of their userbase.
    Agreed. If all RIM means by "Superphone" is that it will release a product that is identical to the status quo than I'm out. I want the leading tech but at the same time, I want my physical QWERTY; touchpads just can't compete IMHO.
    11-07-11 02:37 PM
    I upgrade in six weeks. I could go with a BB7 phone. However it seems like a minor upgrade compared to what I already have. Who knows what BBX is going to be like? All my friends have iPhones so I don't feel like copying all of them. I guess I'll just do my research and pick up what ever is the latest and greatest Android device offered by my carrier when its time to upgrade.
    11-07-11 10:28 PM
    Looks reasonably nice, but that keyboard looks even more cramped than an old curve :-/

CS
    Actually the keyboard is quite nice. We have a few of them where I work. The only I have heard is one person saying if they get to close to the top of the keyboard the touchscreen activates at times. Other than that, people like the phone.
    I picked one up tonight and already love it. The salesperson didn't even know that it existed or that they had received it just tonight (I phoned, then dropped by after work). The keyboard is narrower than the 9900's but it's still quite good. The construction is plastic (with the exception being the gorilla-glass display) and the phone is very lightweight as a result. It feels good in hand but, to be honest, could use a bit more weight, lol. I think it's the lightest phone I've ever owned. The materials are pretty middle-of-the-road, but it does look quite nice. The physical keyboard is definitely a very nice feature.

Now I'm just waiting for devs to update their apps to allow them to install on 2.3.5! It's a really nice combination: Android Gingerbread + physical keyboard + touchscreen without the slider form factor. From what I hear, Motorola has some very impressive phones on the horizon as well.
    Last edited by zc1; 11-07-11 at 11:31 PM.
    11-07-11 10:32 PM
    What HTC android devices have you seen people with?? All the ones I've been on have been more sturdy than other devices thanks to their metal battery doors and weight of the devices (my Amaze weighs in at 6.1oz, for example).
    11-08-11 08:14 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD