11-08-11 08:14 AM
39 12
tools
    I've had many different phones since my first. Samsung, motorla etc. I currently have a BB torch 9800, and giving blackberry an edge when I go to purchase my next phone but samsung is coming out with some very appealing phones. Im sure im not the only one out there, what kinda phone is everyone else looking at for there next.
    11-04-11 04:21 PM
    Samsung is unoriginal and has a knack for making giant plastic bricks. I'll count them out.
    HTC makes neat looking phones, but they don't do much that's totally original either. Android is boring and ugly to me.
    Motorola makes plastic pieces of junk with suspect hardware. There are reasons they go bought out.
    BlackBerry isn't doing much to rekindle a flame that is all but blown out, buried and forgotten about...
    11-04-11 05:03 PM
    BBX!!! Wait for BBX phone!!!

Stay away from Samsung. I had problems with 2 Galaxy S's. Plastic Garbage!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-11 05:18 PM
    Many say stay away from Samsung, but they are innovative. Look at the Galaxy Note. Many of us would like that ability on the Playbook much less the new BBX phones. We keep hearing "wait until we get BBX phones out". Dang, I probably will be dead before RIM gets its act together. By the way, I used to be a diehard BB guy, but am getting tired of empty promises.
    11-04-11 06:00 PM
    I recently upgraded to the 9930 from the 9630 because that is the device that I've always dreamed of. Ever since the Bold 9000 launched, I've wanted that style device. When leaks of images of the 9900 series came out, and specs were leaked stating there would be a CDMA version, I almost passed out. When RIM announced it, I was stoked. I sell cell phones as my part time job, so I've played with the best, and there hasn't been a device that has taken my interest away from BlackBerry. If I had to make a call, I'd say that out of any of the devices currently available, the only ones that I find interesting is the iPhone (mostly based on the quality of the handset construction, and the stability of the OS) and the Moto Droid Razr (nicest looking Android device I've ever seen). You couldn't buy me a Samsung phone. The screens are a thing of beauty, but the housing that they wrap those screens in is constructed of the cheapest feeling plastic of any device on sale today. the Galaxy S II devices look amazing, but once you pick one up and feel the flimsy battery cover and cheap feeling housing, it just takes away some of the luster of the screen.
    11-04-11 06:08 PM
    Anything but a blackberry.

11-05-11 02:12 AM
    \_(ツ)_/

Thread is going well
    11-05-11 02:29 AM
    Samsung made it to the top by copying everyone else. How can you support that?
    11-05-11 02:38 AM
    The phone I had before my BlackBerry was a non smart phone Samsung flip (gosh I can't even remember what it was) and I loved it. I think I had it for over three years. When it came time to switch I really considered going Samsung but the phones they had out at the time, that were any good anyway, were all touch devices. I need a keyboard. I just like the tactile feel of pressing buttons lol. Plus the Curves my carrier had at the time came in colours and I'm a sucker for stuff like that.

I'm pretty happy with my 8530 for now and I am locked into a 3 year contract so I doubt I will be switching anytime soon. I am hoping that by the time I can switch phones BBX phones will be on the market and I can see what they are like. Though I have to say the 9900 and the 9810 are tempting me a lot lately.

As for what you should do OP. I think anyone thinking of switching should do a little research online about some of the phones they are considering and then go in and play around with the likely choices.
    11-05-11 02:45 AM
    I have another year until my upgrade.. So I have options too see what everyone else will do including blackberry and apple! I'm excited about what 2012 has to offer especially when it comes to mobile devices! But in the mean time I am loving my blackberry curve 3G on OS 5.. Gotta keep it basic! :-)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    steppinghorse likes this.
    11-05-11 12:42 PM
    Go with the 9810 its great phone.
    11-05-11 02:37 PM
    HTC makes neat looking phones, but they don't do much that's totally original either. Android is boring and ugly to me.
    I've used Android stock, with HTC Sense, and with Samsung Touchwiz. Sense is BY FAR the most capable and functional UI for Android. Android is a completely different experience on all the different UI options. Because Sense is loaded with features it can get a bit cumbersome. The 1.5ghz dual core processor in the HTC Amaze rectifies that. I picked up the Amaze last night and so far it seems to be everything I'm looking for, and makes up for what was lacking in my previous device. I'll be sticking with this one for awhile.
    11-05-11 05:09 PM
    I agree, anyone saying android is ugly or something of the sort has never really used it. Android is whatever you want it to be, if you don't like stock, you can install different launchers, keyboards, dialers, sms apps, the customization options are endless, and don't require root

pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-05-11 09:04 PM
    I agree, anyone saying android is ugly or something of the sort has never really used it. Android is whatever you want it to be, if you don't like stock, you can install different launchers, keyboards, dialers, sms apps, the customization options are endless, and don't require root

Me personally, I was referring to hardware.
    11-06-11 01:47 AM
    Man you have 9800 .. its Great after all .. you can wait , Wait for the Nexus phone ... BBX .. and more up coming phones ;O
    11-06-11 09:06 AM
    Illumination is impossible when it comes to ignorance.
    Coming from someone who quotes "keyboard are for dinosaurs".

Funny I see a lot of people with slider touch screen phones that are young. Young dinosaurs?
    11-06-11 09:24 AM
    I'm jonesing for a Motorola Pro Plus. It's supposedly to be released on Bell tomorrow...

11-06-11 12:38 PM
    definitely waiting for bbx!
    11-06-11 12:51 PM
    Let's see, if I could have one today I'd either go with a BBX Torch model (even an OS7 one if it was free )

One of the new Samsung SIIs as a second. An iPhone as a third place contender.
    11-06-11 04:20 PM
    It really depends what you want. Samsung makes the best TVs out there right now, therefor their phones are equally as impressive as far sa the screen goes. Just played w/ one last night that was incredible.
    Apple has the best materials, but they only make 1 phone so, they can afford to. HTC's hi-end phones are super nice as well. The new BB torch touch is mostly cheap plastic so, noone can argue their use of great materials either. The bold touch is the only phone BB made w/ proper materials

11-06-11 05:29 PM
    I have been on an Incredible 2 for a few months. HTC Sense is nice fore sure. I am going to the dark side. Tomorrow my iPhone 4S arrives. Tried a 9930 for a bit. Nice but not enough to convert me back. Plus I want a full touch screen. I am also the rare person who uses his ffc a lot. Since my wife has an iPhone 4, it seemed logical.
    11-06-11 06:37 PM
    I'm jonesing for a Motorola Pro Plus. It's supposedly to be released on Bell tomorrow...

Looks reasonably nice, but that keyboard looks even more cramped than an old curve :-/

CS
    11-06-11 09:22 PM
    Has anyone tried a WP7 phone? I currently have a 9800 and like it enough that I can hang for awhile, but sometime within the next 6 mos or so I'm going to upgrade. I do not know much about WP7 but the reviews are good and I'm interested in it simply because it seems more stable than android but more flexible than IOS. I checked out the new Samsung Focus S at AT&T today. Definitely nice, but as others have noted not loving the cheap plasticy feel of Samsung even on a $200 phone. Also it has 16GB and no SD card. Of course that's way more than my Torch but at least on the Torch you can add a 32GB card if you want. I'd like to check out a Nokia with spoken navigation, but that is months away...

11-06-11 11:22 PM
    I can't believe the mods deleted my previous posts. This is absolutely ridiculous, there was nothing negative coming from them, at least any more as I had obviously moved on from my conversation with the individual. Talk about a power trip, it's like they have something to prove.
    11-06-11 11:44 PM
    Samsung is unoriginal and has a knack for making giant plastic bricks. I'll count them out.
    Motorola makes plastic pieces of junk with suspect hardware. There are reasons they go bought out.
    BlackBerry isn't doing much to rekindle a flame that is all but blown out, buried and forgotten about...
    Gotcha. You don't like anything about anything.

Your profile is suspiciously missing your current device as well

Seriously though, what do you like? The OP was asking for recommendations on what he should get next, after all.
    11-07-11 05:58 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD