After the Alicia Keys debacle...it looks like Blackberry won't be having a celebrity brand Ambassador anytime soon. But if they were to decide on one who should be the choice? Ideally someone young with a global presence especially in the emerging markets which is blackberry's current target. I can't think of someone off hand immediately. Whom do u guys think would be ideal!

Posted from my SuperHuman Q10
    02-09-14 06:44 AM
    I would have gone with Beyonce, frankly. She's had the BlackBerry Porsche design.

But really, celebrities just for the sake of celebrities is a waste. IF there is a celebrity who exemplifies the culture of BlackBerry (hyper connected mogul creative type) then use them, but a name just for a name is asking for a problem like Alicia Keys.
    02-09-14 07:05 AM
    I would have gone with Beyonce, frankly. She's had the BlackBerry Porsche design.

But really, celebrities just for the sake of celebrities is a waste. IF there is a celebrity who exemplifies the culture of BlackBerry (hyper connected mogul creative type) then use them, but a name just for a name is asking for a problem like Alicia Keys.
    Absolutely agree. The person shouldn't team up with BlackBerry just because of a contract. It should be someone who is really committed to them and a BlackBerry user by choice. Can't think of anyone right now though.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 08:12 AM
    I think a regional celebrity for each location could help. A soccer player in South America / Europe, an Olympic medallist may be in China, a Hollywood star in the states, a cricketer in India and so on..but the overall message and theme should remain the same. I strongly feel this would help. Ofcourse first make all the necessary changes to BB10 with apps etc, slowly rebuild the brand and then go for a blitz may be in 2015.

Deu2e likes this.
    02-09-14 08:46 AM
    Drizzy Drake

SQN100-3; 10.2.1.1925
    02-09-14 08:48 AM
    After the Alicia Keys debacle...it looks like Blackberry won't be having a celebrity brand Ambassador anytime soon. But if they were to decide on one who should be the choice? Ideally someone young with a global presence especially in the emerging markets which is blackberry's current target. I can't think of someone off hand immediately. Whom do u guys think would be ideal!

How was AK a debacle, some great things came out of that, things it's clear you have no idea of.
    But you don't have a clear direction on who it should be? Ok got it.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 08:50 AM
    I would select Jimmy Page

Q10 with 10.2.1.1925 Leak Installed
    armanatron likes this.
    02-09-14 08:53 AM
    I think that they need a young sports celeb. In North America to drive the sales into the younger generation. As we all know these are the people that will be buying phones for decades to come.

Maybe a hockey player, or Russell Wilson, Shaun white.

Someone that would attract attention to the brand.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 09:09 AM
    A bunch of NBA players use Q10s. Canada's own Drake only writes lyrics on BlackBerry. JayZ would have been perfect since he is a business mogul, but he has ties to Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 10:00 AM
    I would spend that money on a 30 second commercial showing all the customer ratings and reviews on all the carriers and CB threads.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    02-09-14 10:08 AM
    I'm just sitting at an airport lounge here in Doha, QR and after a glass of champagne I doubt that it's even necessary to have a brand ambassador. We all are brand ambassadors in the way we carry our BlackBerry phones and present them to everyone. I was in India for a couple of days and BlackBerry was still very strongly featured in the meeting rooms of the BPO industry.

Also a colleague who was traveling with me was carrying two BlackBerry smartphones, a company issued curve and a private 9900.

When I got to DOH today, I say at least three Q10 in the waiting line at the immigration, and there weren't too many people in my queue.

While waiting for another flight the guy across myself was rocking an old torch. He was an AA Exec. Plat. (if anyone cares). To me, that is what BlackBerry needs. If I see a fellow traveler in business class with his Q10 I think "Yes, that's how you do it" and maybe a lot of other people will get curious about the new BlackBerry as well. Just my thoughts on this. Personally I wouldn't buy a phone because someone famous has it.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 11:02 AM
    Pls enlighten me about "the great things"

02-09-14 12:46 PM