What features or changes would you like to see for the next Blackberry?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 05:53 PM
    the ability to save and run apps from sd card

but that was the issue with my 8320 due to the lack of internal memory.. I'm sure I'll be tickled with the 8900!!
    02-02-09 06:23 PM
    that is a good idea, they could just fix that in os updates though... but they could add more internal memory to the next blackberry to remedy the issue. If you could run apps off your sd card then you could put the card in a friends phone and give them the app without having to find and download it from the internet
    02-02-09 06:32 PM
    Vibration!
    02-02-09 07:03 PM
    I would also like to see more file free and the ability to run apps off of your card.

02-02-09 07:19 PM
    If a new Touch Screen Phone... A Virtual Track Ball!!!!!
    02-02-09 07:27 PM
    I want a blackberry with a scroll wheel. Just a scroll wheel. No keyboard. No power button. No volume. No UI. Just a hole for the ear, a hole for the mic, and a scroll wheel that controls everything.

It will be called the Blackberry Quark.

(What's sad is it'd be the laughing stock of the electronics industry if anyone but Apple made it. If Apple made it, they'd hail it as the second coming and probably sell 4 million in California alone.)
    02-02-09 07:31 PM
    I want a blackberry with a scroll wheel. Just a scroll wheel. No keyboard. No power button. No volume. No UI. Just a hole for the ear, a hole for the mic, and a scroll wheel that controls everything.

It will be called the Blackberry Quark.

(What's sad is it'd be the laughing stock of the electronics industry if anyone but Apple made it. If Apple made it, they'd hail it as the second coming and probably sell 4 million in California alone.)
    its so true, im just having trouble picturing what you are talking about... it sounds interesting but i cant picture it yet...
    02-02-09 07:49 PM
    I would also like to see more file free and the ability to run apps off of your card.

I totally second that.
    02-02-09 07:49 PM
    I would like to see a bb that has both a touchscren and a full keyboard.
    02-02-09 07:50 PM
    I would like to see a bb that has both a touchscren and a full keyboard.
    haha! that would be called the BlackBerry Two-Face!!!!
    02-02-09 07:54 PM
    I would like to see a stronger vibrate, faster processor, the ability to update the OS OTA (since we can't do updates on Macs), apps that run off the memory card, and support for T-Mo's 3G.

This device will be called the Blackberry Hemi...

The Phoneking's vision, has spoken.....
    02-02-09 08:13 PM
    its so true, im just having trouble picturing what you are talking about... it sounds interesting but i cant picture it yet...
    Imagine a light dimmer with holes. My idea is terrible.
    02-02-09 08:21 PM
    Nope, the perfect name for that would be the Gemini. Sign of the twins.

02-02-09 08:41 PM
    it could be a sort of flip phone: on the fromt you have the normal screen and keyboards and on the inside you have the touchscreen.

the problem would be making it thin enough to be reasonabl
    02-02-09 09:13 PM
    From what I hear, they are already working on a BB with the Bold format and a touch screen.

As far as sharing apps saved on SD card, if the app requires registration using PIN number, then the app would only work when the SD card is installed in that one BB (or act as if in a trial period).

I do think that either allowing apps to be run from SD card, or bumping up the memory to at least 1GB is in order, especially with the app store on its way.
    02-02-09 09:20 PM
    instead of what you would normaly picture as a flip phone (you know like a book just opening) picture the outer part folding all the way BEHIND the touchscreen (like a spiral notebook- the cover folds back behind the rest- which would reveal the touchscreen)
    02-02-09 09:20 PM
    Fromwhat I hear, they are already working on a BB with the Bold format and a touch screen.

As far as sharing apps saved on SD card, if the app requires registration using PIN number, then the app would only work when the SD card is installed in that one BB (or act as if in a trial period).
    okay well mabye they should make it so you can make the apps on the sd card works only with the phone you downloaded the apps with.
    Last edited by mithranor; 02-02-09 at 09:25 PM.
    02-02-09 09:22 PM
    Nope, the perfect name for that would be the Gemini. Sign of the twins.

good idea. other ideas could be: duo, dual, multi-task, hurricane (bold+storm), revolve (revolving hinge for the screens AND the screen thats used revolves around your need at the time), two-sided, two faced, depen (the blackberry you can depend on AND the way you use it depends on what you are doing.

and the list goes on
    02-02-09 09:55 PM
    I say flip phone as well but unlike the other poster. Have the full touch screen on the outside. and smaller screen and full qwerty KB on the inside with a trackball at the bottom. have a hole in the top part of the flip so u can use it when it open or closed. Through in a stylus. And vol on/off swtich

Flip
    Dual screens
    Touch & KB
    Stylus & Trackball
    5mp Camera
    3.5 audio/ video out.......

02-03-09 03:55 AM
    A Bold with a 480 X 360 touch screen.
    Threaded SMS texts
    Thinner without giving up battery life.
    02-03-09 06:40 AM
    that is a good idea, they could just fix that in os updates though... but they could add more internal memory to the next blackberry to remedy the issue. If you could run apps off your sd card then you could put the card in a friends phone and give them the app without having to find and download it from the internet
    Free apps wouldn't matter. Paid apps usually require a pin, and if the pin is different from the registered pin the app won't run.

I too would like the ability to store and run apps off the SD card. If your BB crashed for some reason, all your apps and data would be saved on the card.
    02-03-09 07:00 AM
    This device will be called the Blackberry Hemi...
    thats not powerful enough.....how about:

The Blackberry VR6
    02-03-09 08:01 AM
    Device: Trackball and trackwheel
    OS: Better IMAP support and the ability to view or file emails in folders.
    02-03-09 08:42 AM
    Device: Trackball and trackwheel
    OS: Better IMAP support and the ability to view or file emails in folders.
    I'd like to see a trackball, or better yet a trackwheel (I LOVED it on my 7290 & 8700) on the Storm. This would be particularly handly for navigating online forms, and for moving the cursor on a line. Things that are doable, BUT difficult with just the touch screen. I would settle for a tab key too on the on screen keyboard. I have NO idea why they have not programmed one in yet. (yes I have emailed them, as I'm sure have others)
    02-03-09 08:55 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD