I think John Chen and blackberry is taking all the time to perfect the BlackBerry 10 OS with an exceptional hardware, I think that will be an iPhone killer

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 02:23 PM
    It will surely be a great device, just imagine the specs SnapDragon 810, 3-4gb ram, 32gb storage, great display, great battery ~>3000mAh, etc. Blackberry should also make a phablet with same great specs and battery above 4000mAh
    11-08-14 02:31 PM
    How about we dig ourselves out of the grave, before suggesting BlackBerry is going to "kill" another platform? Just sayin'
    john_v, Zirak, jmr1015 and 92 others like this.
    11-08-14 02:32 PM
    How about we dig ourselves out of the grave, before suggesting BlackBerry is going to "kill" another platform? Just sayin'
    I agree. Let's first wait for some actual figures in the next reports.

I wouldn't say that BlackBerry wants to compete with Apple in the consumer market anyway at this time. Better stay in a market where they can actually be competitive and hold or even gain relevance.
    11-08-14 02:37 PM
    Personally, I can't stand the Iphone, nothing against Apple, I like the Mac. I don't think it's going to be that simple, Iphone/Apple customers aren't just going to flip flop, it's part of their lifestyle. Spec don't matter to the majority of Iphone users, it's the brand, the quality they see in Apple product.
    fanisk, Zirak, shaleem and 4 others like this.
    11-08-14 02:45 PM
    Personally, I can't stand the Iphone, nothing against Apple, I like the Mac. I don't think it's going to be that simple, Iphone/Apple customers aren't just going to flip flop, it's part of their lifestyle. Spec don't matter to the majority of Iphone users, it's the brand, the quality they see in Apple product.
    Maybe for the hard core apple users, but not all iPhone owners are like that. If they were iOS market share would not be eroding.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king likes this.
    11-08-14 03:00 PM
    I think we are out of the grave. But we need to watch out for the head stone on our way out.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 03:05 PM
    I think John Chen and blackberry is taking all the time to perfect the BlackBerry 10 OS with an exceptional hardware, I think that will be an iPhone killer

Posted via CB10
    I heard this one before. Nothing can kill iPhone at this point except Apple.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 03:06 PM
    It doesn't have to be an iPhone killer.
    shaleem, gfondeur, mk2234 and 8 others like this.
    11-08-14 03:09 PM
    The only thing going to kill iPhone is apathy (Applethy?) , which is unlikely any time soon. Either that, or they screw things up so badly they fall from favor.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 11-08-14 at 03:28 PM.
    11-08-14 03:13 PM
    How about being something unique.. it doesn't need to be compared to iPhone

Posted via CB10
    shaleem, gfondeur, andy957 and 2 others like this.
    11-08-14 03:14 PM
    I think we are out of the grave. But we need to watch out for the head stone on our way out.

Posted via CB10
    We're digging, but I don't think we've reached the surface just yet.
    11-08-14 03:16 PM
    Maybe for the hard core apple users, but not all iPhone owners are like that. If they were iOS market share would not be eroding.

Posted via CB10
    You might be right.

Even though I don't have numbers for my claim, when you see 10 million people lining up in line for a phone on release day, that's hard core, I don't think I'm too far off. For OP to claim that the next BB will be an Iphone killer, please, it's going to take a lot more than that. Iphone will be it's own killer. The IOS8 is terrible, according to my wife, she's an apple fan, hates her phone right now, but puts up with it. I will not try to convert her to BlackBerry, she's going to make that decision on her own, she knows how much I love my BlackBerry.
    gallopiton and H_O_Boomaye like this.
    11-08-14 03:21 PM
    Two words: Skinny jeans. The real iPhone killer.

(Credit where credit is due, I borrowed that from a friend)
    11-08-14 03:24 PM
    We're digging, but I don't think we've reached the surface just yet.
    I think the recent news about Ontario pension plan buying over 7 million shares to me indicates that they are well passed the graveyard...

Posted via CB10
    Frehley, abwan11, Nayalm and 3 others like this.
    11-08-14 03:25 PM
    Spec don't matter to the majority of Iphone users, it's the brand, the quality they see in Apple product.
    The "C" proved that specs don't mean **** to anyone but a few techies.

Sent while driving from my Crackberry.
    keepit dry and alternator77 like this.
    11-08-14 03:28 PM
    I think the recent news about Ontario pension plan buying over 7 million shares to me indicates that they are well passed the graveyard...

Posted via CB10
    A healthy investment, but I bet that's a small percentage of their overall capital, with little downside, and a huge opportunity for growth. Wish I had the funds to invest right now.

Edit - The true measure will be market share.
    11-08-14 03:29 PM
    This thread is cute. When I say cute, I mean wrong. When I say wrong, I really mean very wrong.

BlackBerry isn't in a position to kill anything, they've only just entered the Growth stage

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 03:53 PM
    Ecosystem. BlackBerry no longer has a unified ecosystem. Apps from two appstores. Music from another. Movies? Not even sure where to get those anymore.

Posted via CB10
    devin266 likes this.
    11-08-14 03:54 PM
    It doesn't have to be an iPhone killer.
    Totally agree....who cars if it kills another platform.

I for one am happy with BlackBerry for my use and needs. I don't need it to dominate any market, just keep being a player and surviving for those that like the platform.

Like anything in this world, the more choices we have the better!

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    11-08-14 03:56 PM
    I'm curious as to what kind of hardware the OP thinks would make for an iPhone Killer. Thinner? Larger? Faster? Better camera? Longer battery life? Somehow I don't think that Blackberry has the resources to out-design the competition given how Apple can pretty much get first dibs on whatever technology they want.

And, as far as the software is concerned, isn't that pretty much a matter of human resources? You've got one mobile operating system and the more teams you can throw at each feature the better.
    11-08-14 04:10 PM
    I heard this one before. Nothing can kill iPhone at this point except Apple.

Posted via CB10
    Bingo. The only way the iPhone dies is if Apple screws up as badly as BlackBerry did. Actually they would have to screw up even worse considering the strangle hold of iTunes and how much people have spent on their app store by this point.

Something like an iPhone that combusts when exposed to day light *might* be enough,.. but probably not. Probably lauded by reviewers as helping you prevent skin cancer.

Posted via CB10
    gebco, Blacklatino and boeingrules like this.
    11-08-14 04:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    Already been done it's called the Motorola Moto Maxx

BlackBerry - Accept no substitute. Period!
    11-08-14 04:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    Apple's market share "eroding" has little to do with Apple users leaving iOS. Apple has sold more and more iPhones, year over year, every year, since the iPhone came out in 2007. iOS user base grows, every year.

Let's look at this logically and run through some hypotheticals. Lets assume that all users of the iPhone upgrade every year. As unlikely as this is, this would not yield an increase in sales. That would mean, after every single current iPhone user upgrades, they are still bringing in new sales. New iOS users. More realistically, let's say that only a percentage of current iPhone users upgrade... Even if this is a large percentage, that means the percentage of new users coming in increases. Let's go a step further, and say that a larger and larger percentage of iOS users are leaving the platform year over year, the remaining users are upgrading, and an even larger percentage still of annual sales is new users coming in. Meaning they are consistently gaining more than they are losing. Any way you want to hypothetically slice the pie, the sales numbers are increasing every year.

The reality: Apple is "losing" market share, because the overall market is increasing. Why? Because more and more manufacturers are selling dirt cheap phones in emerging markets, ballooning the smartphone market at the bottom end. This has nothing to do with Apple, because Apple does not compete in this space.
    11-08-14 04:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Lighten up dude! No Blackberry will be an iPhone killer.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-14 04:33 PM
234 123 ...