I just bought a newer Bold phone and I tried to install the software found at the RIM website for Blackberrys and on both my laptop and my home computer while installing it, I got the "XP SP3 or Later" message and was informed I couldn't install the program. What does this mean exactly and yes, I'm an ***** about this kind of stuff. Sorry. All I do know is that I'm a huge fan of Blackberry and my wife has an Iphone. When her new Iphone showed up, I was somehow able to transfer the information from her old phone to her new phone though the computer with no problem. With my Blackberry, I just keep hitting snags! Any help at all? Thanks.

06-29-11 10:45 PM
    Sorry about that. Haha.

Try downloading SP2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-29-11 10:53 PM
    I just bought a newer Bold phone and I tried to install the software found at the RIM website for Blackberrys and on both my laptop and my home computer while installing it, I got the "XP SP3 or Later"
    What operating system are you running on your laptop?
    06-29-11 11:30 PM
    thanks for help. I am using XP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 2.

What exactly does this mean in regards to getting my Blackberry to be able to synch onto my computer? Please help.
    06-30-11 03:27 PM
    You need to match the right version for your PC.

06-30-11 03:37 PM
    thanks for help. I am using XP Pro Version 2002 Service Pack 2.

What exactly does this mean in regards to getting my Blackberry to be able to synch onto my computer? Please help.
    For many reasons including getting blackberry desktop manager working you should upgrade your PC to XP SP3 asap... even after that make sure all the new updates on micrsoft update center are installed
    06-30-11 08:32 PM
    That's right. You need to update the OS on your PC to Service Pack 3.

Run Internet Explorer, go to the pulldown and look for "Windows Update". If you have never done this before (and since you're still on SP 2, it appears you haven't but should have done it several years ago when SP 3 came out), it will likely want to update the updater first. Then, run the Windows Update again and the first thing that it will find is the suggestion to update to SP 3.

Do it.

After an hour or so and a reboot or two, run the update again and install all the hundreds of hot fixes that have been released in the past several years.

Then you should he able to install the Desktop Manager and any phone OS updates you may want.

Laura Knotek and hunter4421 like this.
    06-30-11 11:17 PM
    Thanks so much! You guys did it and I thank you. Got my computer dialed in with the XP 3 thing and got all of my contacts and stuff transfered over to my new phone. For some reasons, didn't get any of my photos, but I had them already saved in a file on my computer so I can figure that out. Thanks again. Appreciate the help.

Awesome.
    07-01-11 05:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD