Hi all

Picked up a secondhand 8100 that I'm looking to use to replace a Sony M600i. I like the way the 8100 is faster than the M600 and can sync to my Macs easily.

I'm currently waiting on an unlock code to use it fully with my Orange service (I'm stuck with a contract until December or would just have moved to T-Mob that 8100 is locked to)

I'm using PocketMac to sync/install (Mark/Space cannot install apps) and although have installed a couple of test apps I now can't uninstall them!

Pocket Mac does not show them anymore, but the icons are still on 8100 desktop and the apps still work (or not, which is why I want to remove them)

I've tried looking on the SD card - not there, and have resorted to hiding the icons. I've also tried restting the 8100

I found some threads on this list and all point to using 'delete' from >Options >Advanced Options >Applications

However the applications are not there on the list to remove

Any clues?

Cheers, Ian
    06-03-08 02:07 AM
    Hello Ian and welcome to CB!

Pocketmac is the culprit, see this link.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f5/unin...rty-apps-9768/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-08 02:23 AM
    Hello Ian and welcome to CB!

Pocketmac is the culprit, see this link.

[ snip ]
    Aha! I was wondering if that was the case. My plans may now all go out the window as I don't have a PC and don't want to buy one just to use the 8100. I'm on G4 Macs so Parallels etc. are non starters.

Is there a Linux desktop thingy? - I have a Linux machine and could use that.

Cheers

Ian
    06-03-08 04:21 AM
    I do not think there is anything for Linux unfortunately.

You could get rid of the applications by wiping then reinstalling the OS maybe or upgrading, not sure if you can do this on a Mac though.

Generally you will have be careful of what you decide to install in the future.

Rim really needs to make a version of DM for Mac's. There are rumours that this will happen but no confirmation.

Btw make sure you get oranges new talk with blackberry 250mb plan if you decide to go ahead.

06-03-08 04:31 AM
    If you do over the air downloads (OTA) where possible you should have no problems deleting them.

06-03-08 04:38 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f62/

06-03-08 04:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD