I'm new to the world of BB (coming from a Treo 700P) with a recent purchase of an 8530. I picked one up for the wife as well and was wondering how best to share our calendars. I've searched the forums and haven't found an answer that fits my specific need...and along the way I've gotten myself extremely confused.

I want to be able to view my wife's calendar as a separate calendar on my device. I don't want to mix it with my calendar at all. I'd like to be able to switch completely over to her calendar for reference only so I can check her schedule prior to adjusting mine and would like her to be able to do likewise.

A little background: We both use Yahoo accounts primarily and have since set up separate google accounts and have successfully synched our calendars and contacts to our respective google calendars, via the BB Google Sync app. We share and can view these Google calendars on our computers adn would like to be able to do it on our BB's. In addition I perform hardwired synchs of both devices to our yahoo calendars and do backups weekly (all through the BB desktop manager).

I've read that I can change my Google Sync options to add other calendars, but will doing this mesh the two calendars together onto one calendar?

Also, is there a link to a clearcut comprehensive discussion of BB calendars? Coming from Palm, they only had one calendar on a device and the concept of default calendars and service books etc. has me baffled.

Thanks in advance. CB is a great forum.
    01-18-10 12:09 PM
    Using Google Sync can do what you want. In the calendar app, under the BB menu you have the option to select to view any of your Google calendars or all. When creating a new calendar entry, you can specify which calendar to use.

Just don't do what I did. I once accidentally set it up so that my BB synced with Google, then set Outlook to sync with Google as well. That made a mess of things.
    01-19-10 10:16 AM
    Andy,

Thanks for your response. I currently have 3 calendars (BB email, yahoo, and google) for my email addresses attached to my BB. How can I add my wife's google calendar without it showing up or meshing with my existing calendars? Should I add it as a calendar to sync under Google sync? I don't want her entries on my calendar...at all and I'm worried that I may create double-entries as well.
    01-19-10 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD