I have a Curve and just received my 4GB microSD card and I have tried to install it (behind the battery in the slot) but I cannot get the slot door closed again.

What am I doing wrong?
    06-02-08 04:42 PM
    You have to push it into the connection first, then you can latch the holder.
    06-02-08 04:44 PM
    How much pressure should I apply to the card? Should it click or or snap down or something?

It's such a doggone tiny little thing I may be handling it "over cautiously".
    06-02-08 04:47 PM
    Don't worry - these things are built relatively tough. You should feel it snap into place when it is fully installed. Just give it a little push with your thumb nail - that's what I do!
    06-02-08 04:49 PM
    If I get a 8GB micro SD card will my 8300 being able to use it, I have heard that if the card has to much space that the phone wont be able to use it? I have a 2GB right now and it works amazing, but I want an 8GB now (kinda greedy).
    06-02-08 04:50 PM
    I just answered this for someone else and I think you may be doing the same thing.

The card does not lay in that space, you have to put it in the silver holder, lower the holder with the card in place and then slide the holder to lock it.
    06-02-08 04:52 PM
    You should be just fine with an 8GB. I have heard that they are not compatible, but I think those are just rumours. I know several people who have them and they work just fine.
    06-02-08 04:52 PM
    Thank you!
    06-02-08 05:19 PM
    I have a Curve and just received my 4GB microSD card and I have tried to install it (behind the battery in the slot) but I cannot get the slot door closed again.

What am I doing wrong?
    Ask and you shall recieve!

Lecture 6: How to Install a Media Card into your BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

this will tell you all you need to know.... All newbies should read this series of lectures as they answer alot of the basic questions we all have when we start out they can be found in the Newbies section on the navigation bar above.
    06-02-08 05:23 PM
    If I get a 8GB micro SD card will my 8300 being able to use it, I have heard that if the card has to much space that the phone wont be able to use it? I have a 2GB right now and it works amazing, but I want an 8GB now (kinda greedy).
    OS 4.3 can handle an 8GB card. If you are running 4.3 you are good to go. If not, I'd hold off.
    06-02-08 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD