Ok, this is probably a silly question for most of you power users. However, I am considering buying a Blackberry and cannot find the answer to my question.

Here's what I want to accomplish:

Contacts, Calendar & Tasks: For this basic PIM information, I want to sync with Outlook on my HOME computer.

e-Mail: For e-mail, I want to sync with Microsoft Exchange on my WORK computer.

Also, when I sync my Blackberry at WORK, I do not want any of my personal PIM information (contacts, calendar and tasks) syncing to that computer. I only want this personal information syncing to my HOME computer.

In other words, I want to completely differentiate between PIM features (all personal) and e-Mail features (all work).

Is this possible and, if so, is it easy to accomplish?

Thanks in advance.
    10-31-07 12:25 PM
    It depends... on whether you're on BIS or BES. I'm assuming BIS, since BES is provided by your work......

I have Hobson(my 8800) set up to sync on my home computer for all PIM info. I logged on to my BIS account online, and set up my work EMail as one of the 10 that you're allowed.
    10-31-07 08:24 PM
    You cannot sync your email on a BB unless you are using BES.
    10-31-07 08:36 PM
    It depends... on whether you're on BIS or BES. I'm assuming BIS, since BES is provided by your work......

I have Hobson(my 8800) set up to sync on my home computer for all PIM info. I logged on to my BIS account online, and set up my work EMail as one of the 10 that you're allowed.
    Based on these responses and additional research online, I think I finally understand what I need to do.

I would appreciate it if someone could confirm that the following is accurate:

When I get my Blackberry, I should configure my e-mail using Blackberry Internet Service (BIS). This will allow me to get my work e-mail simply by typing in the e-mail address and password. The Blackberry will then bring in that e-mail.

Then, I can install the desktop software on my home computer, allowing me to sync my contacts, calendar and tasks with my Outlook on my home computer.

This setup will ensure that none of my personal information gets synced on my office computer, because: (1) my Blackberry will never be connected to my office computer, and (2) it will not wireless sync because I'm not using BES.

Is that correct?

Thanks!!
    11-01-07 12:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD