I am new to this site. I've been carrying a blackberry for the past 4-5 years. I currently have a Bold 9650. I give the device high marks for its usefulness as a work tool. I'm satisfied with its email, text, calendar and phone functions. I find it virtually useless for web browsing, its fatal flaw.

I've decided that the phone must go in favor of something that will allow me to take advantage of the 4G LTE now offered by Verizon in my market. I'm tempted by the Samsung Galaxy Nexus and Motorola Droid Razr.

I am hesitant to do without a real keyboard and have had a lot of frustration using Apple's virtual keyboard on my Ipod Touch or friends' Iphones. What does RIM have in the pipeline, if anything, that will run on 4G LTE, offer a real keyboard and a satisfactory web browsing experience? Does the Triton really exist? When is it coming? What other BB options should I consider?
    Last edited by Rondaddy; 10-25-11 at 10:40 PM.
    10-25-11 10:37 PM
    curious, have you tried Mini Opera on your Bold?
    Rondaddy likes this.
    10-25-11 10:39 PM
    Nothing at the moment.

But I can tell you,
    Internet broswing on the 9930 is pretty awesome.

I have it myself, and I have to say. Its amazing.

9930 is all you should consider. At least for VZW.

Maybe the Torch 9810 but that's ATT only. (Maybe T-Mo soon)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Rondaddy likes this.
    10-25-11 10:40 PM
    curious, have you tried Mini Opera on your Bold?
    Nope. I hate to admit I don't know what it is.
    10-25-11 10:41 PM
    OperaMini is a WebBrowser.

Its amazing.

M.operamini.com

Rondaddy likes this.
    10-25-11 10:49 PM
    Nope. I hate to admit I don't know what it is.
    It's an alternative browser. I never had much luck with it back when I used a BB, but some people like it more than others. As for an LTE smartphone, the previous posts were correct, there is no LTE BlackBerry and as of now there are none in the near future.

If you're fond of Android I would definitely recommend the Galaxy Nexus oner the Droid RAZR. Samsung makes quality phones and the Nexus line always receives great service from Google.

As for the keyboard, it's really something that you have to get used to. It took me about a week to get used to an iPhone keyboard and now I can type a lot faster than I ever did on my BB Curve. All of the current Android phones are ditching the qwerty keyboard because now it has almost become an unnecessary waste of space in the eyes of most people.
    10-25-11 10:51 PM
    Just downloaded it. Pretty cool. Major improvement. Still glacial.
    10-25-11 10:54 PM
    Really? I found it tons faster than the default browser.

10-25-11 11:00 PM
    I use Opera Mini on my OS 6 and 5 devices. Its blazing fast and competes with the rendering power of my 9900 :O

10-25-11 11:12 PM
    Renders are much better but load time is similarly slow. I don't see any difference there. I'll give it a longer test drive tomorrow.

I've been looking at the 9930 specs and I'm intrigued. I'm gonna have my Verizon rep bring that along with the Nexus and Razr demos.
    10-25-11 11:19 PM
    I to also use opera, when I click a link and I know ill get redirected to a full site ill choose open in opera mini and when I know ill get directed to a mobile site I use the native browser.

Opera has held me over by not wanting to get another device after my 9650. With the mix of opera mini and all you stated above my bold does what a lot of the newer smart phones do, maybe not as fast but it gets done.

Sent from my thumbs using Tapatalk
    Rondaddy likes this.
    10-25-11 11:26 PM
    I've been messing with it some more. Some sites download much more quickly and page to page within the site is like lightning compared to the old browser. Other sites take forever or won't load at all (weather.com). Full vs mobile site might explain it.
    10-25-11 11:37 PM
    Best bet is a 9930 if you want to stick with BB. That, or get a playbook.

10-26-11 01:20 AM
    Best bet is a 9930 if you want to stick with BB. That, or get a playbook.

Yea your best bet is ^

10-26-11 03:34 AM
    The Galaxy Nexus will likely be your best Android bet on Verizon. Vanilla Android, always getting the latest updates before everyone else, along with Samsung quality and Samsung screens.

I have the AT&T Galaxy SII and absolutely love it. Took me a week of playing with keyboards, but I'm now on the base Android keyboard, turned off word recommendations, and I am typing just as fast as I was on my BB 9700.
    10-26-11 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD