I just bought my first BB last night, the 8830. I set up my school email address and got the message that it was successfully set up and everything, but I'm not receiving the new emails on my phone. Can anyone help?
    11-06-07 07:45 AM
    What type of email was is? Did you set it up in BIS? IF yes, it would be delivered every 15 minutes, or so...

Blackberry.net / GMail / Hotmail & Yahoo = push email, i.e. delivered to your device INSTANTLY.

Anything else = poll, i.e. checked by the device / system every 15 minutes or so...
    11-06-07 07:50 AM
    It's my school email... psu.edu

I'm new to the whole Blackberry scene and don't really know if I set it up correctly or not
    11-06-07 10:24 AM
    Ok, that email WILL only be delivered every 10-15 minutes. But, if you want instant, you'd have to forward a copy of that account email to [email protected] address = thus making it instant...

Problem with this, is if your school allows forwarding of said email, and if it even has the function.
    11-06-07 11:24 AM
    I guess I'm okay with it only checking for new emails every 10-15 minutes.. my problem right now is that I'm not receiving any new emails on my blackberry, but when I check my email at home a few hours after I've been away, I have emails.
    11-06-07 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD