I just got a Bold 9650 and have it all setup with emails, contacts, calendar, syncing and everything else I need.

On the "task switcher" there is an item called "menu" that has a picture of a blank screen above it. When I select it to close it, it freezes the BB. I have to get back into the task switcher to switch to another application to unfreeze.

It remains there until I do a battery pull. Then it goes away for a while, then magically reappears. Not sure what triggers it.

The only installed apps I have put in there are: WeatherBug, Who Is It? (the led color program), WABCradio, and I have iLock on there for a while but removed it. I also tried using Opera Mini, but that was horrible so I deleted it also.

Any ideas? Thanks....
    12-22-10 10:59 AM
    hmm the only application you have that I don't use is Who Is It, and I know that would have to constantly run in the background to have the LEDs show up as different colors, I wonder if that is what is causing the problem. Try removing it then doing a battery pull and see if the problem comes back up...
    12-22-10 11:05 AM
    The only thing I can think of to try is remove apps one at a time till this goes away. Do a battery pull between each app that you remove.
    12-22-10 11:07 AM
    I think that makes the most sense. I'll do some app removal and see where I end up. I'm just hoping this thing stuck there isn't some kinda goofy problem.

Thanks!!!
    12-22-10 11:28 AM
    Anyone who downloaded the "Whoisit" app by Jaredco should seriously read this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/jar...ng-app-552418/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 12:10 PM
    Anyone who downloaded the "Whoisit" app by Jaredco should seriously read this thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/jar...ng-app-552418/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    +1 ^^ If WhoIsIt is an App by Jared Company, my guess is that you've just found your problem. I can't believe they're still allowed to offer apps by either RIM or CB (or anyone else, actually).
    12-22-10 12:45 PM
    Well thank goodness I asked my question on here. Thanks everyone.

I did find a file in that folder. It was a .dat file, didn't see a weblink type entry anywhere... But deleted it to be safe.

Looks like a couple "free" apps I'll be stripping off the BB.
    12-22-10 01:00 PM
    By the way, your experience also confirms that the Jared Company evidently has not "cleaned up its ways" as was mentioned in the linked thread, so I still wonder why they're allowed to play in the Apps game.
    12-22-10 01:03 PM
    Looks like I guessed the right app the first time! I'll be accepting donations...
    12-22-10 01:37 PM
    Looks like I guessed the right app the first time! I'll be accepting donations...
    Good hunch, and well done. I also finally decided to post a general question about the Jared Company in hopes of calling them out and getting CB to look into it more thoroughly. It's in the General Discussion section (for now anyway, unless the Mods move it). We'll see what happens.
    12-22-10 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD