You guys are outstanding. I am surprised that here or anywhere it's so difficult to find a clear answer to my question (or I'm a dufus).

I don't own a Blackberry or other Smartphone yet. I'm a Verizon customer.

I use MS Outlook extensively in my business. I need to be able to easily sync my calendar and contacts between Outlook and a Blackberry.

Which BB is the best for me to get -- I don't need the newest and shiniest. What will I need in addition to the BB and Outlook in order to do this well? Do I need anything that's not free?

I realize "best" is subjective, but I need strong opinions. Verizon staff can't/won't help me.

Thanks!

Nebulous
    09-29-09 02:10 PM
    I am surprised that no one replied to my question.

Can anyone help me on this issue? Please?
    10-05-09 05:55 AM
    You can Synchronize the contacts, etc using Desktop Manager (you can download and install from the internet in your computer)

IMO the Bold is perfect and the best for this but it isn't a choice, so I would have to say the Tour because of the QWERTY keyboard, and double the app memory (RAM) from current BBs on Verizon.

Is up to you though, everyone has different opinions, I suggest going to a store and just playing with them..
    10-05-09 06:20 AM
    I have a Storm and it syncs well with outlook. I would hold out for the Storm 2 (or whatever it will be called) when it comes out.
    10-05-09 06:50 AM
    I don't think any of the current crop of BBs are better than another at syncing to Outlook. They all use the same version of Desktop Manager to do the syncing. Get whichever model works for you.
    10-05-09 07:42 AM
    I don't think any of the current crop of BBs are better than another at syncing to Outlook. They all use the same version of Desktop Manager to do the syncing. Get whichever model works for you.
    True, but there's more limited choices on CDMA.
    Basically soon to be released 8530 Curve, and 9550 Storm 2; also the current 9530 Storm and 9630 Tour.

8530 is affordable and has tghe Trackpad.
    9530 is cheap and will be even cheaper soon, but no keyboard.
    9550 has WiFi but no keyboard.
    9630 is awesome, but no WiFi.
    10-05-09 10:35 AM
    I agree that the ability to synch with Outlook is not dependent on the BlackBerry version.

If wireless synch appeals to you, you might spend some time investigating whether BES (BlackBerry Enterprise Server) might work for your business or if it would be financially viable.

BES wirelessly and instantly synchronizes your emoyees' entire desktop Outlook with the device, which may be attractive in a business environment. You need a server or a third-party host, though, to do this. The BlackBerry Enterprise server might be around $5k for software alone, but third-party hosting can be found for around $10.00/month per device.

There is also a RIM product called BPS (BlackBerry Professional Software) that allows up to 30 devices to be wirelessly synchronized without purchasing software. I don't know the cost for that although I think that one license is free if that's all you're interested in. Here's a link:. http://na.blcvkberry.com/eng/services/professional.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD