ok i got a used BB, i wiped it and made it personal, now i didn't get a CD or USB cable for it, i just went to walmart and got one. I DL the Blackberry device manager and when i plug my bb into my computer the BB manager does not recognize it. am i doing something wrong, also it was suggested to me that i need to turn off mass media storage, i don't know what that is or where to find it.

Any one understand any of this, or...........
    08-10-10 12:53 AM
    Download device software from your provider
    Turn of UAC (user account control) if using vista
    Does device manager recognize it?
    Remove and reinstall drivers
    08-10-10 02:38 AM
    ok i got a used BB, i wiped it and made it personal, now i didn't get a CD or USB cable for it, i just went to walmart and got one. I DL the Blackberry device manager and when i plug my bb into my computer the BB manager does not recognize it. am i doing something wrong, also it was suggested to me that i need to turn off mass media storage, i don't know what that is or where to find it.

Just a few suggestions to try.

Restart the computer.
    Try replugging the phone a few times from the computer.
    Try reinstalling Blackberry Desktop Manager if needed.

Go into Options>Memory>Turn off Mass Storage Mode. This shouldnt really affect the phone not being recognized.
    08-10-10 04:27 AM
    if you still have the problem brush the usb port of your BB.
    as i once had that kind of problem regarding no connectivity and the reason was dust in the port.
    08-10-10 05:42 AM
    Welcome to CB, have fun and enjoy the ever so awesome addiction

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-10 06:09 AM

You downloaded the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, but did you install it on your computer?

If so, you will have a BlackBerry logo icon on your desktop and your Windows Control Panel will list it in Programs.

If not, locate the download and double click to begin the install.
    08-10-10 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD