not sure where to post this....pretty basic question. I want to be able to just drag & drop files like pics and songs to my Storm. I had it to where I could do it, then had some pc issues and apparently made some changes and cant figure out how to get it back. Please help me out....
    05-24-09 12:56 PM
    Options>Memory>"Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected" On
    That should do it.
    05-24-09 01:07 PM
    Thanks for the quick response! I knew it would be simple...just wasnt sure where to look. Coming from a long history with WM....this is a new world to me! Thanks again!
    05-24-09 01:19 PM
    One thing to keep in mind - especially if you have a high capacity memory card with a lot of files on it. When you add/move/delete files to the card, once you unplug it, you might notice a bit of a lag in your devices responsiveness. This is the BlackBerry re-indexing the microSD's contents. I'm sure its not as noticeable on newer, faster devices, but on my Curve 8330, I've got a 16GB card holding approximately 4,000 mp3s and a few hundred photos. So, if I'm doing a bit of moving - I usually get about 5 minutes of sluggishness after unplugging the device from the computer.

ALB
    05-24-09 01:27 PM
    thanked ya too soon! didnt change anything by doing that....not sure what i'm missing!
    05-24-09 01:28 PM
    Set it to prompt instead of on. That is what I have it set to on my storm. That way I can determine whether I want the device to go into mass storage mode or media transfer protocol mode. You receive the prompt on your screen asking you if you want to enable it, click yes and the drives should appear on the screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-09 01:35 PM
    Also, if you start to get indexing issues, delete the BBThumbs.dat file from the music and/or the videos folder from the media card. It seems that many storms have indexing issues with the media card but I've only had to do this twice and that was when I had OS .65 and a few days after switching to a 16 GB card.

05-24-09 01:38 PM
    got the option on the phone...clicked yes but nothing else happened....
    05-24-09 01:48 PM
    got the option on the phone...clicked yes but nothing else happened....
    Go to the "My Computer (Computer on Vista)" and see if the icons for the drives appear.

05-24-09 02:24 PM
    Go to the "My Computer (Computer on Vista)" and see if the icons for the drives appear.

XP...no vista. And yeah...blackberry 1 and 2
    05-24-09 02:37 PM
    Alright, BlackBerry1 is your device memory and BlackBerry2 is your media card memory. Just select the drive that you want and start dragging and dropping the files into their pre-made corresponding folders on the drive.

05-24-09 02:53 PM
    Alright, BlackBerry1 is your device memory and BlackBerry2 is your media card memory. Just select the drive that you want and start dragging and dropping the files into their pre-made corresponding folders on the drive.

Fantastic...thanks for your help and I apologize for my stupidity! They used to come up in a seperate window and weren't called BB 1 & 2 (it was device and storage or sumthin). Any idea whaere that might have gone?
    05-24-09 02:57 PM
    Fantastic...thanks for your help and I apologize for my stupidity! They used to come up in a seperate window and weren't called BB 1 & 2 (it was device and storage or sumthin). Any idea whaere that might have gone?
    It's not stupidity, it is easy to not remember things like this. I even do it myself sometimes. You can get the separate windows on connect to come back. That's the autoplay feature of xp. You can turn this back on easily. Go to "My Computer", right click on the BB1 drive and click properties. Go to the autoplay tab and select open folder to view files. Do the same for BB2. Now when you connect, it will open those in separate explorer windows.

05-24-09 03:10 PM
    It's not stupidity, it is easy to not remember things like this. I even do it myself sometimes. You can get the separate windows on connect to come back. That's the autoplay feature of xp. You can turn this back on easily. Go to "My Computer", right click on the BB1 drive and click properties. Go to the autoplay tab and select open folder to view files. Do the same for BB2. Now when you connect, it will open those in separate explorer windows.

do i select "open folder to view files" for just music or for the other three also? seems like its a one choice operation.....sorry again!!
    05-24-09 04:07 PM
    If you have music on that drive do it for that since it will just default to opening the drive.

05-24-09 04:26 PM
    If you have music on that drive do it for that since it will just default to opening the drive.

K...thats what I did...they still don't open up. Doesn't make any sense does it?
    05-24-09 04:29 PM
    Set them back to take no action and instead plug the cord into another usb port. It should work if you have autoplay still enabled in xp. If it doesn't ask you what you want to do, you might have to re-enable autoplay.

05-24-09 04:45 PM
    how would i do that?
    05-24-09 04:50 PM
    how would i do that?
    Go to "My Computer", right click on the BB1 drive and click properties. Go to the Autoplay tab and make sure the radio button next to "Prompt me each time to choose an action" is selected. Make sure you do it for music, video, pictures and mixed content. Click apply and then do the same for the BB2 drive. That will re-enable autoplay for the device.

Last edited by ArmaK; 05-24-09 at 05:02 PM.
    05-24-09 04:55 PM
    I saw u were using a 16gb sd card in your 8330 will it support that? I have. 2 gb card but I wanna up it to the biggest my 8330 will hold

05-24-09 05:00 PM
    edit....nevermind this post
    05-24-09 05:06 PM
    I saw u were using a 16gb sd card in your 8330 will it support that? I have. 2 gb card but I wanna up it to the biggest my 8330 will hold

The curve can support up to a 16 GB card as long as it is running an OS 4.5.0.81 or higher.

05-24-09 05:08 PM
    and nothin.....im completely confused. it was working just fine like 3 days ago!!
    05-24-09 05:33 PM
    and nothin.....im completely confused. it was working just fine like 3 days ago!!
    If you know for a fact that it was working 3 days ago and haven't done any major changes of apps on the computer since then, try doing a system restore and roll back the computer to 3 days ago.

05-24-09 05:42 PM
    If you know for a fact that it was working 3 days ago and haven't done any major changes of apps on the computer since then, try doing a system restore and roll back the computer to 3 days ago.

Well that must be where my problem lies...I had to install all new security stuff the other day. As far as the restore and roll back, probably outta my league.
    I sure do thank you for all your advise!! You were a huge help!!
    05-24-09 05:59 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD