Delivery will not be your only problem

Background I have purchased a Blackberry Z30 (updating from Z10) direct from the Blackberry Shop UK, last week I �received the new phone on Monday, I spend Tuesday afternoon transferring information from my old Z10,

Later that day, I began noticing the problem of dropped calls and the Z30 re booting every few minutes. this was compounded on Tuesday evening when customers could not get through to me and I could not call them 95% of the time.

I spent most of yesterday trying to sort out the issue, including re installing the software and trying to identify a contact and/or some UK support to help out the BlackBerry website says that I should contact who I purchased the phone from which in fact was Blackberry but no information on how to contact Blackberry !!!!

All�this time was spent without success. I�finally got a reply Thursday �from Digital River the Blackberry agent saying "we only sell the things not support post sales" giving me a UK number to call. See their reply below?

I�have just spent 2 hours talking to 4 persons at the Blackberry Tech support, including resetting the phone to factory setting�again at their request, then having the support team tell me after asking me to do it, that it will not work anyway he was right it did not.

It has now been agreed that it is a hardware issue and I was asked to send the phone back for repair !!!! Can you believe that request? �It is a brand new phone only delivered on Monday and they expected me to wait for a repair process to sort the problem. The phone supplied is clearly not fit for purpose .��

The outcome now is that I am going to get a new phone sent to me the only problem is they don?t know when because, �as the phone is so "new"�the systems are not showing my id number yet and they have to catch up�...currently it is looking like it is going to be about a week plus before I see the new phone this is totally unacceptable, �totally not customer focused, and totally frustrating to me as a customer, �I am sorry but this is not good customer service,�� I have been a blackberry customer for over 12 years and one of its strongest supporters, but I think if this is what Blackberry consider customer service, �I will�be cancelling and visiting the Apple Store this after�over as I say 12 year of using�Blackberry in both my business and personal life.

it is not the issue of it going wrong these things happen it is the support post�purchase and�Blackberry not being able to sort the issue (a replacement) out�in a timely manner. If Blackberry or going to set themselves up as a web based retailer then they need the post-sale support and that support needs to be visible.

I am currently awaiting further information on the timing of the replacement before I make my final decision.

Note from Digital River

We apologize for the inconvenience; unfortunately, the online store is not equipped to offer technical advice such as installation, configuring or product usage.

The online store assists with purchasing the product, due to this, we ask that you contact our technical support team for assistance at:

Phone: +44 1753 558400 or 0808-100-7466 within the UK
    URL: Sites - Global

If you would rather return the phone you received for a refund, let us know so we can initiate the refund process. Should you still wish to receive a working phone, a new order will need to be placed since the system doesn't allow reshipments/replacements.

Sincerely,
    Diana B.
    BlackBerry EU online store
    Customer Service
    [email protected]
    Email ID: 28970689

Posted via CB10
    fbf2012 likes this.
    12-05-14 03:55 AM
    Honestly if you work in the IT industry you'll see a lot of what we call "lemons" basically the device is defective on arrival. So this isn't really surprising since it's an electronics device and there's not really a way of testing it out before shipping it. I mean it get the initial tests in the factory but besides that, no additional testing, no phone call testing or anything. I'm afraid that's how it is in the IT/electronics industry.
    12-05-14 08:57 AM
    If your device is within the full refund period go that way. Unfortunately with Digital River (Blackberry Store) that's the only way out.

And I haven't checked but Z30 was a bit cheaper at Expansys ( I got one last month). Another reason for ordering from Expansys was their - much better than DR - customer support.

CB10 @ Q5
    12-05-14 09:13 AM
    Yup. Use the 30 day return policy. Just tell them you want to return it. You don't even have to tell them why (though they'll ask). You can just say "I don't like it".

Send it back (insist on a refund for your return postage as well).

Don't go the repair route. Wait for the refund and get a brand new phone.

This is the kind of thing that SUCKS about BlackBerry's not being in real stores anymore.

Posted from my awesome White Z30
    12-09-14 03:39 AM