New Z10 or wait for what's next?-img_00000018.jpg

Had a little mishap with my phone ... I know that I can just buy a replacement screen, but i'm wondering if I can just hold out (on my Bold 9930) and just wait for the next flagship BlackBerry.

I never thought I'd be the guy posting, asking this question, but ... anyone have any idea what/when something will be released? I know the Jakarta is due in a few months, but what about a premium model?
    01-22-14 11:43 AM
    Rumour has it summertime.

Not interested in Z30?

PS Sorry about your Z10. LoL @ "little mishap"...
    01-22-14 11:46 AM
    Try to get by until you score a deal on the Z30.

I LOVED my 10.... until I tried the 30.
    01-22-14 11:49 AM
    Go for z30 it's really an amazing phone.....

Tried and tested....lol

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 11:50 AM
    I always struggle with that decision, buy now or wait for the next new device, and waiting can be frustrating when you don't know how long it will be. Check out the Z30, this is a device is awesome, may surprise you.

Z30 on 2.2.1.1925 in Canada
    01-22-14 11:51 AM
    Rumour has it summertime.
    Not interested in Z30?
    PS Sorry about your Z10. LoL @ "little mishap"...
    Try to get by until you score a deal on the Z30.
    I LOVED my 10.... until I tried the 30.
    Go for z30 it's really an amazing phone.....
    Tried and tested....lol
    Posted via CB10
    I always struggle with that decision, buy now or wait for the next new device, and waiting can be frustrating when you don't know how long it will be. Check out the Z30, this is a device is awesome, may surprise you.
    Z30 on 2.2.1.1925 in Canada
    My wife's phone took a splash in the ocean last month (if we didn't have bad luck, we'd have no luck at all!) and she replaced it with another Z10. When we were at the store, I was playing around with the Z30, and it just seemed so big in my hand. I have average size hands, i'd say. Does it start to feel normal? Does the big screen make that big of a difference, or do the other specs help too?
    01-22-14 12:21 PM
    My wife's phone took a splash in the ocean last month (if we didn't have bad luck, we'd have no luck at all!) and she replaced it with another Z10. When we were at the store, I was playing around with the Z30, and it just seemed so big in my hand. I have average size hands, i'd say. Does it start to feel normal? Does the big screen make that big of a difference, or do the other specs help too?
    I switched from the Z10 to the Z30 just this weekend. Took me only a couple of hours to get used to it. The rounded edges make it sit easier in the hand for me than the Z10. I wear a men's large glove, if that helps at all. The extra screen area is great. The screen may only be 720p, but it looks darned good to me. The keyboard was great on the Z10 -- it's even better on the Z30.

As for waiting? Who knows what new device will be available, or when. I'm happy now. I'll worry about later -- later.
    deptech likes this.
    01-22-14 01:48 PM
    I wouldn't wait to either get a Z30 or get another Z10, but how much would that set you $back Vs getting the screen repaired on your current Z10?

I personally like the size of the Z10 over the Z30(I find it too big), but at this point the Z30 has better hardware and probably would be a good choice if your under contract for a couple years.

That said, I have a Q10, and if it broke down, I'd just get a Bold9900. Depending on your usage, the Bold is still adequate if communication/email/texting is your main priority and if you're ready to wait another few months, who knows how long? Maybe that's the way to go.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 05:58 PM
    I don't think I would be able to go back to the old OS

Posted via CB10 on my ?Zed10
    01-22-14 06:10 PM
    You can pick up z10s for about $200+- (I got one for $180 like new). The size of the z10 may be a preference for some (my wife prefers it). Also if you want to stick with BB10 and LTE could be worthwhile. I'm using a q10 but seriously miss my 9930. New BlackBerry hardware would be 3rd quarter. Going with the lowest cost option (9930) is a good choice, or the 2nd lowest option (z10).

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 06:24 PM
    I would say, wait it out and get the screen fixed, or pick up a cheaper used one, and just have it activated. Sure I will not deny that the Z30 is great phone too, but if you get it and then 5 months down the road find out that something even better comes a long, more along the lines of an updated Z10 or something just a little smaller and a better fit for you, you might end up being sorry if you decided on getting a Z30 as a replacement. That is what I am doing. I love my z10 and when the official update is released I am sure I will love it more, but it will suffice and tide me over until we see what Mr. Chen has up his sleeves. You know it is going to be better then the Z30
    01-22-14 06:35 PM
    I have a Z10 and a Z30 I used to switch between them in the first week now is Z30 all the way, size is much and asset than a throwback, but I had the Z10 on an otter box since day one so it was bigger than it was suppose to be. Battery life and better screen space made me switch.

Posted from my flagship Z30 10.2.1.1925
    01-22-14 06:48 PM
    Thanks for all the input, everyone. I think I am going to wind up just replacing the screen and keep the z10. As much as I love any excuse to buy something new, I just don't think there are enough benefits (for me) to spend the money to go from the 10 to the 30. Interesting to see the great response for the z30 though.

As a quick side note, I was going to start a new thread about this, but saw it come up in this one...there is NO way I could go back to my bold. The 3g speeds are enough to drive me crazy, and then there is the inferior browser, slower os and lack of hub...just to name a few. I did forget how awesome the trackpad is though. And more than anything, bis is simply fantastic - it's a shame that's gone.

All in all, to everyone who prefers bbos7, I just don't get it. Bb10 is amazing! Hopefully a new device will be on its way sometimes soon and I can upgrade my pieced together z10!
    01-23-14 12:32 AM