hey, I'm a newbie to the blackberry, I have always had windows mobile phones but finally had enough with them and decided to change to blackberry.

My question is, I have noticed that there is an OS 4.5 and my phone is running OS 4.2 but when i try to upgrade through blackberry.com my application loader tells me I am running the most current software. So how do I upgrade the phones OS.

Also is there a way to display tasks or more than two calendar items on the today screen?

Thank you all for your help.

I have a 8310 curve.
    11-02-08 08:31 AM
    Hello and welcome to Crackberry.

Here is the link that will tell you how to upgrade. I used it and with a little help from Cutdacheck2003 it work great. There are lots of helpful people here.

4.5 upgrade for Curve 8300-8320
    11-02-08 08:37 AM
    Hi LouEarly, not sure I completely understand your question, but for the two calendar items (i.e. tasks vs. calendar), if you go to the Calendar, press the menu button (the BB button), go to Options, General Options, scroll down to Show Tasks, put it = YES, then set Initial View to Today, the calendar will show with tasks that are assigned on the same day as the calendar item. Does that make sense? I have the Curve 8330, and tried this on my BB and it worked... showing both tasks and calendar. Just a side note - it won't look exactly like it did on the WM phone you have, but you can tell the difference between tasks, calendar items, and appointments.
    Last edited by thepaintedpony; 11-02-08 at 08:45 AM.
    11-02-08 08:43 AM
    Oh, and welcome to the CB family!
    11-02-08 08:43 AM
    Hi and welcome to CB! Upgrading will give you HTML email, video camera, voice notes recorder, a better browser and Docs2Go among other features. Take your time and get to know your berry and how to use desktop manager, then install the new OS to your device with DeskTop Manager. Follow the instructions I've linked below.

You should be able to find a link to the proper OS for your device in the stickies at the top of this forum.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-08 09:53 AM
    what up, welcome to crackberyy!
    11-02-08 10:04 AM

Hello & welcome to the CB family!

11-02-08 10:07 AM
    Welcome to crackberry. You should be very familiar with your berry before trying to upgrade. Any help you need just ask. Good luck.

11-02-08 10:08 AM
    All the best with your upgrade and welcome to CB

11-02-08 10:15 AM
    Hey, enjoy your bb, and welcome to the fam!
    I forgot to mention, but good practice for you would be to find the link in the stickies to get a copy of 4.6 desktop manager. Download and save it to your PC desktop, then install it and use it to backup your device. You should get in the habit of backing up your device fairly often. I do it every week. If anything goes wrong with your device, you will need a backedup copy to restore your settings and info to your berry.

I am sorry! I forgot where we are, lol. You'll find the link to the OS software for your device in the 83xx forum, and you'll find the 4.6 DM at the link below,

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Desktop and Device Software Download Sites

11-02-08 10:35 AM
    Welcome aboard!

11-02-08 11:51 PM
    Welcome to CB!

Enjoy the addiction!
    11-03-08 06:12 AM
    Hi and welcome to CB

11-03-08 06:15 AM