Hi Guys & Girls,

There is a new update for WeChat just recently and I have updated the version. Currently my feedback are:

• Yeah finally moment.... well honestly not much of a moments user... but what the heck.... it's the norm from the masses... so yaaa..
    • If there are multiple "unheard" audio messages... press on one of it... it will automatically play the rest of the audio messages....
    • The new update still does not fully utilizes the BB10 OS where i could swipe to the hub for new messages or audio files, but....... when you click on it.... it will just open up the app..... kinda..... redundant on making it a native app though...

So that's what i get from it at the moment, please share your findings.....

technogenii likes this.
    10-28-13 11:11 AM
    Thanks for posting......
    10-28-13 02:26 PM
    Wow..... Moments has been on the iOS app for over a year.
    Fnen90 likes this.
    10-28-13 04:20 PM
    Stop using wechat.Most unsecure im app. Let's spread BBM or use sms. Or at last whatsapp. No Wechat please.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-13 04:53 PM
    Stop using wechat.Most unsecure im app. Let's spread BBM or use sms. Or at last whatsapp. No Wechat please.

Posted via CB10
    No way. By far the best app for meeting women in China. All you need is the "Look Around" feature. Everyone should have it.
    10-28-13 04:55 PM
    This app is big in China everywhere else the market doesn't care about wechat even though they have a huge number base in China. It's not secure by any means but to each their own.

Ask how many people in North America use wechat. The percentage will be small.
    smart548 likes this.
    10-28-13 05:04 PM
    Hi,

Got to agree with Roo Zilla & SparkyBC on that. I have encountered several China tourists and the scenario goes like this:

• John: Hi and welcome. How can I help you today?
    • Tourists: Hi. We are looking for BlackBerry because in China, it is so hard to get one on our hands.
    • John: Oh i see, we have z30, z10, Q10 and Q5 as our latest models. *Demo on features begins - Keyboard...*
    • Tourists: Wow!!! Cool feature!!!! Oh ya.... do you have *wei xin*??
    • John: "Trying to figure out WTH is a wei xin... Initially, I thought it was Instagram... luckily I have sideloaded in... but no.... then Maybe WhatsApp??? No again??? Then Weibo maybe???????? NO again!!!! Geez!!!" Finally, yes WeChat!!!
    • Tourists: Yes WeChat. In China, we use WeChat because it is simple, we just need to talk on the phone to send our messages.
    • John: "Trying to demo BBM with Voice Note....but it seems that Voice Note integration is not as friendly user as a direct Tap & Talk feature in WeChat...." But in the end managed to sell them a Black Z30 ^^
    Last edited by John Ho; 10-28-13 at 10:28 PM.
    technogenii likes this.
    10-28-13 07:35 PM
    wechat is gaining attraction in N.A. I see many Americans on the app now.
    BTW, is it possible to re-share moment? It seems I couldn't find the way.
    technogenii likes this.
    10-28-13 09:07 PM
    Hi,

Got to agree with Roo Zilla & SparkyBC on that. I have encountered several China tourists and the scenario goes like this:

• John: Hi and welcome. How can I help you today?
    • Tourists: Hi. We are looking for BlackBerry because in China, it is so hard to get one on our hands.
    • John: Oh i see, we have z30, z10, Q10 and Q5 as our latest models. *Demo on features begins - Keyboard...*
    • Tourists: Wow!!! Cool feature!!!! Oh ya.... do you have *wei xin*??
    • John: "Trying to figure out WTH is a wei xin... Initially, I thought it was Instagram... luckily I have sideloaded in... but no.... then Maybe WhatsApp??? No again??? Then Weibo maybe???????? NO again!!!! Geez!!!" Finally, yes WeChat!!!
    • Tourists: Yes WeChat. In China, we use WeChat because it is simple, we just need to talk on the phone to send our messages.
    • John: "Trying to demo BBM with Voice Note....but it seems that Voice Note integration is not as friendly user as a direct Tap & Talk feature in WeChat...." But in the end managed to sell them a Black Z30 ^^
    Haha wonder what got through to their minds, wexhat is only missing video call function and I think this is all wechat really needs to improve on
    10-28-13 11:18 PM
    i don't trust any Chinese companies.. if you think NSA is bad wait till you get a hold of Chinese agencies..Also Trecent can be summoned by the Chinese Govt at any moment
    10-29-13 11:29 AM
    i don't trust any Chinese companies.. if you think NSA is bad wait till you get a hold of Chinese agencies..Also Trecent can be summoned by the Chinese Govt at any moment
    Doesn't make it any different than any other IM. Except google, yahoo, FB, Microsoft and whatsapp is located in USA.
    Once again, what's the differences?
    Roo Zilla likes this.
    10-30-13 10:23 AM
    If the Chinese government wants to intercept my messages trying to pick up various women, they're welcome to do it. Good Lord, everybody thinks they're talking about nuclear fusion with every chat. Nobody's interested unless you're a person of interest. In which case, you wouldn't be using any type of IM.
    John Ho, jafrul and alcapone89 like this.
    10-30-13 12:51 PM
    Some of my friends tell me they like wechat more than whatsapp. Even though they grew up in U.S.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-13 09:03 PM
    No way. By far the best app for meeting women in China. All you need is the "Look Around" feature. Everyone should have it.
    Yeap. That's also the reason why lots of expat wifes in China would not allow WeChat in their husbands phones.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-13 12:46 AM
    So that's what i get from it at the moment, please share your findings.....
    Thanks so much for sharing your findings! I just signed up for WeChat because I realized most of my clients in Asia were on it (they aren't on BBM). I see that the "Made for BlackBerry" app is quite limited compared to the other OS apps, which is unfortunate, but for the moment, not a shock.

But here's my dilemna: I installed the WeChat App on my BlackBerry and set-up an account. Now, I would like to connect WeChat to my computer (https://web.wechatapp.com/), and I followed the FAQ (https://login.wechat.com/faq_webwx?lang=en_US) but there is no "magic wand" in the top right hand corner (as the tutorial suggests). I searched the App over and over again and I cannot see where to scan a QR code. I tried scanning with the BlackBerry QR code scanner, and of course, that doesn't work.

I really need to connect my account to WebChat. Does anyone know how to get this done?
    11-04-13 09:37 PM
    Does anyone know how to post a link in 'Moments' on BB10? I can post text & photos but not links like you can with an iPhone. Any help would be great. Cheers!
    02-20-14 04:29 AM
    redundant on making it a native app though...

02-20-14 04:31 AM

Posted via CB10
    Disagree

WeChat is more secure than WhatsApp, since it doesn't force you to access your whole phone contacts.
    You can use WeChat/QQ ID or email to add friends, add by phone numbers is optional.

WhatsApp forcefully wants to access your whole contacts, do sync everytime you add/modified your phone contacts.
    02-20-14 04:44 AM
    Bbm = much better than we chat

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141
    02-20-14 04:58 AM
    Bbm = much better than we chat

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2141
    Absolutely agreed
    02-20-14 06:21 AM