Just got a Curve for Christmas. Great phone,but for what ever reason I can not get yahoo email on the curve. When I tried to sign in for yahoo email on the curve I get a error message asking me to contact my my email provider. I already have blackberry email and was able to get gmail no problem on the phone. So I even tried calling verizon and Yahoo. But know one can help me.
    I searched the forum but for some reason can't find anything that fits exactly.

Any ideas ,

Thanks,
    Jeff
    01-01-09 03:05 PM
    How did you try to sign in for yahoo email? Did you set up the yahoo email through Blackberry Internet Service?
    01-01-09 07:11 PM
    How did you try to sign in for yahoo email? Did you set up the yahoo email through Blackberry Internet Service?
    Tried to set up the account through the set up screen on my curve and also went to the Verizon/bis site and kept getting a error message
    01-01-09 07:18 PM
    If you still can open your yahoo mail account from PC/ laptop, then it should be no problem to integrate it with your Bb.
    But if you can't, then it's a problem.
    01-02-09 01:36 AM
    Unless you have the Premium Yahoo account you won't be able to access it through the BIS account on your BB, as this requires either POP3 or IMAP support. You can still go directly to it on your bb browser.
    01-02-09 07:13 AM
    Hi Jeff,

Welcome to CB.

The solution is actually simple. I too have VZW and they recently set up my ymail account on my Curve at the store (it took 3-min) then after 2-weeks I had difficulty receiving my emails on my BB.
    I tried some suggestions here but I ended up going into Verizon and they re-registered the BB, now it works great.
    I would suggest you take your phone in to Verizon and find an employee who knows their business, there aren't many of them, most are "standarounds" who are only useful for new account set ups.
    You may need to contact a store mgr or district mgr depending on staff competency.

Good luck!
    01-02-09 07:42 AM
    Thanks for all the replies.
    I do have the premium account from yahoo.
    I can access the account on any other other computer.

I called verizon twice and had 2 very knowledgeable people try to help me. They both where familiar with the problems I am having. But unfortunately they could not fix it either.

Know I am waiting for Yahoo to get back to me.

Thanks
    Jeff
    01-02-09 09:45 AM
    well so far yahoo has been pretty useless. Unlike the other customer service areas at yahoo, there is know way to actually talk with someone on the phone.

I can't be alone in not being able to get my yahoo mail.

Jeff
    01-03-09 09:10 PM
    well so far yahoo has been pretty useless. Unlike the other customer service areas at yahoo, there is know way to actually talk with someone on the phone.

I can't be alone in not being able to get my yahoo mail.

Jeff
    My yahoo email works great . Have you tried the setup wizard ?
    01-04-09 09:46 AM
    I do not have a premium yahoo account and I had no issues setting up my account on the blackberry. How are you trying to set it up? I know th email setup on the berry, but did you use the bis site on the computer or on ypur berry. I have had problems doing new accounts on the berry sometimes because of the passwords being difficult to get right with the shift and numbers lock keys. However if you are on the copmputer bis site that would be less of a problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 10:22 AM
    Thanks everyone. I have tried all the things you have suggested.
    I am wondering if there is a issue with the "underscore" in my email address. I tried changing my password but that did not help.

Thanks,
    Jeff
    01-04-09 12:53 PM
    I am into three weeks of a similar problem - got yahoo mail for 2+ years ok until three weeks ago. Now can't get BIS to validate Email addy (from PC or BB) nor can Y2go work. Works like a champ with PC access. Very little help from Sprint or RIM last shot, but will be goiving it another this week. Cannot even get through using yahoo web site on BB. Aaargh.............

I have tried all the tricks - trust there is something going on in Blackberry or BIS.
    03-07-09 06:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD