I am really at a loss, and not sure what to do.

I just got a 8310 and I am having some issues.

1- Is there a way to auto lock the key pad? Maybe a key pad shortcut, or side option?

2- How do I set up my text messages so I get a bing or beep?

3- Why do i see only a media net icon, and not a browser icon as well?

4- is there a way to clean up the inbox? Maybe to make it easier to read, instead of all inline?

As soon as I powered this unit up it seemed like it wasn't working correctly. I am just wondering if I am missing something?
    Last edited by SXR311; 01-12-09 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Because I have a 8310, not a 9310...but i wish.
    01-08-09 07:50 PM
    1) Screen/Keyboard under options, there you can customize the convenience keys. Choose keyboard lock for the key that want to trigger the lock

2) Profiles, scroll down to advanced, choose the profile press menu and then edit

3) Service books need to pushed, you can do this through the BIS. If this doesn't work you may not be properly provisioned on the network for BB service. In that case you would need to call AT&T

4)You can change the previous number of items displayed for SMS under the options -> SMS
    01-08-09 07:56 PM
    Also to add to number 3, you can also try to register your device on the network. Here are some directions http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/serv...oks-how-115031
    01-08-09 08:00 PM
    1) Screen/Keyboard under options, there you can customize the convenience keys. Choose keyboard lock for the key that want to trigger the lock

2) Profiles, scroll down to advanced, choose the profile press menu and then edit

3) Service books need to pushed, you can do this through the BIS. If this doesn't work you may not be properly provisioned on the network for BB service. In that case you would need to call AT&T

4)You can change the previous number of items displayed for SMS under the options -> SMS
    OK, I was able to set up the key lock side key. that worked. I wished the Curve had an auto lock option, after 10 seconds, but i guess not.

I am still working on the other two things.

I really appreciate your help. thank you.
    01-08-09 08:30 PM
    You can set up auto lock after a certain amount of time in the security menu.

No problem at all Enjoy your BB.
    01-08-09 08:32 PM
    AutoLock - OTA link (from your phone browser)
    01-08-09 08:48 PM
    I am really at a loss, and not sure what to do.

I just got a 9310 and I am having some issues.

1- Is there a way to auto lock the key pad? Maybe a key pad shortcut, or side option?

2- How do I set up my text messages so I get a bing or beep?

3- Why do i see only a media net icon, and not a browser icon as well?

4- is there a way to clean up the inbox? Maybe to make it easier to read, instead of all inline?

As soon as I powered this unit up it seemed like it wasn't working correctly. I am just wondering if I am missing something?
    Enjoy your BB. Looks like everyone has given you good advice. I was confused for a moment there because your initial post had 9310 as the device. I thought "oh my god;" there is a 9310 now.
    01-08-09 08:53 PM
    That's all we need is another device right now, this place has been busy as you know what lately...well, it's always busy...
    01-08-09 08:56 PM
    Hey guys, I'm back.

This time I am having trouble setting up my BB Messenger. I have read the tutorials, and tried adding a few contacts, and it does not seem to add anyone.

Do I have to first create an account?

I tried adding a contact using a PIN and by using the contact list and add. neither seemed to add anything to my contact/convo list.

Maybe I am missing something here.

My friend tried to send a request to my PIN and I never received her request either.

Thanks for any idea's you may be able to offer.
    01-12-09 07:01 PM
    Ok, so i went to my BIS website, and created my e-mail accounts and everything.

When i try and and a contact, i am not able to view anything that says "request".

Something doesn't seem right here.

EDIT: It is not working properly. Thanks for the quick tips.
    Last edited by SXR311; 01-12-09 at 08:27 PM.
    01-12-09 07:40 PM
    I have tried to find a way, my hotkeys are in use, and I don't care for the mute button, I am not sure why lol. I just moved the key lock icon to show on the front page. Hopefully they will fix it in the future.

I wish they could just make the star+green phone button to work to lock as well as unlock.

Good luck!
    02-18-09 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD