Hi friends! My question: Upon downloading and saving to my PC desktop the NKJV Bible, can that document (or any other for that matter i.e., Excel, Word, .pdf etc) be saved to my 2gb microSD card? I noticed the 4 categories in Media: Music, Ringtones, Video, Pictures do not seem to lend themselves to document storage. Can you direct me to the proper procedure for storing these types of documents? I plan on emailing the Bible as an attachment to my BB, then "Open attachment>Save". Perhaps they can only be stored on the device and NOT the media card? If that is true, where is the repository for storage of such documents on the device?

BB Curve 8320 (T-Mobile). Thanks in advance!

User comment: As a new user I have found this forum to be my first choice for consultation. All of you.....keep up the good work!
    08-13-08 08:15 AM
    I got my bible from Olive Tree . The bible reader and the actual bible are an application and therefore stored on the device not the media card. Having said that I have excel and word docs saved to my media card. I view these by a 3rd party app that I bought ( EOffice).
    Last edited by gritmaster; 08-13-08 at 08:24 AM.
    08-13-08 08:21 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

The media card is the correct place to save documents, images, music and video.

Formatting the media card in a BlackBerry creates the dirctory you have noted. Use Windows to create additional directorys like Documents.

Save your document using Windows to copy the file.

Now, for the challenging part. You will need a suitable document viewer to access the document.

The simplest type of document are text (.txt) and Web (.htm) files. The built in Media / Explore will allow you to view them.

More complex documents like Word (.doc) or Excel (.xml) or Adobe Reader (.pfd) will require third party support software.
    08-13-08 09:56 AM
    Is there a version of adobe reader for BB? Or other free PDF reader? I had experimented with transfering bibles from pc strudy bible to open office and exported as PDF on my palm T5 but I never found a free PDF reader for it. I eventually started using olive tree as it has 3 versions of the bible very close to the ones I prefer to use. I don't use them for at home bible study but come in handy when following along at service etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-08 01:22 AM
    I stumbled across Olive Tree and was quite happy. I mean you can't really complain if its free!

08-14-08 01:37 AM
    I stumbled across Olive Tree and was quite happy. I mean you can't really complain if its free!

Very true. Oh by the way i believe if a version of the bibles isn't available yet for BB that you want to get you can contact them to make the request. i believe then they contact the publishers to get permission for the port to the platform and arrange pricing. Or maybe its simpler. There are many versions available on their other platforms for their reader so it's probably a relatively quick task to get the other versions. I think most of their prices are quite reasonable if you like to spend money. Personally since I already own rights to copies of 13 versions of the bible from pc study bible I'm not into buying the versions again. I simply take a few minutes to duplicate them into another form and take them with me.
    08-14-08 08:01 AM
    Thanks stoneryno, some useful info there

08-14-08 09:44 AM
    MobiPocket Reader is free and the PC version is able to convert PDF documents into eBook format.

The results are usable for the most part, but columns of numbers get badly malled, making it nearly useless for Annual Reports.
    08-14-08 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD