Hello everyone,

I've had my Bold for about a week now, just got my memory card, just started exploring the world of 3rd party apps. I've run into a problem now. I started messing around with google maps, but when i did it was painfully slow and non-responsive when i would try to set a route. THEN, I reinstalled it, did a battery pull, but when my Bold came back on....it still didn't work properly but then......

I tried using my browser, thinking it may be some sort of 3g internet problem. Everytime I open my Blackberry Browser it starts loading (the blue "requesting" bar at the bottom of the screen), but that is ALL it will do now. It never actually finds a webpage, whether it is google.com or the default homepage. When it times out I get the following message:

"A communication failure has occured. The server may be busy, please try again later. If the problem persists contact your service provider."

My signal is at 5 bars. My Opera Mini browser works just fine through all of this. I'm clearly able to connect to the internet.....but what do you think is up with my blackberry browser? I've tried multiple battery pulls (by the way, 1 out of every 3 pulls will reboot without a message icon OR a profiles icon) to no avail. Do I need to reinstall the browser? If so, how? Any input you can give me will be GREATLY appreciated!!!
    12-06-08 06:57 PM
    It is a rim problem. Give it time. Mine was down 1 hour. Opera mini worked fine. If you look around, there are tons of posts regarding this problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 07:00 PM
    There seems to be an issue with the blackberry browser at the moment. Take a moment and look at the new threads and you'll see similar experiences. Mine is down as well.

OM is working ok. Don't panic yet. Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

12-06-08 07:00 PM
    Would this be a problem that affects not only the browser, but google maps? I mean, the Opera is fine, but those 2 are just "requesting" ad nauseam. Would the rim problem be connected to my google maps as well as the browser?
    12-06-08 07:04 PM
    I'm going to take your advice about this just being a RIM problem, but my question is: How often does this kind of thing happen?
    12-06-08 07:31 PM
    Not that often at all, normally it's at like 2 a.m. and most are sleeping. They do this when they upgrade their servers...
    12-06-08 07:36 PM
    Thank you for this information because this started with me today as well. I'll just hope this clears up soon.

On another note; I don't know if its a coincidence but my battery pulls take 3 times as long since my browser issues started. Any relation with one another?
    12-06-08 08:35 PM
    I don't think so, i've never heard that before...
    12-06-08 08:38 PM
    Hit and miss on my web surfability today as well. At this momemt it works, we'll see what happens when I hit submit on this post LOL

Battery pulls... 3 times as long? Could that be the result of many apps installed? Anybody? Is there a relationship between App inventory and boot up? Just thinking out loud for Centralberry's query...

12-06-08 08:43 PM
    My internet still does not work. I am on Verizon using the BB curve. My wife has the bold and hers is working fine on ATT. Could this be a Verizon problem? Is it still down for everyone else on Verizon?
    12-06-08 08:45 PM
    It is not carrier specific...
    12-06-08 08:48 PM
    I just called Verizon. They said it is a BB problem but they were able to fix it. I had to do a battery pull while phone was still on. Put battery back in and restarted phone. Then I had to resend service books then register the routing table under advanced options.

I am just wondering..had I not called would this problem have corrected itself eventually?
    12-06-08 09:02 PM
    Yes it would have. Rim usually updates when most people are asleep. It must have been an important update.

12-06-08 09:07 PM
    is it necessary to resend service books and host routing tables since the rim issue has been cleared up?
    12-06-08 09:23 PM
    No it is not necessary.

12-06-08 09:30 PM
    No it is not necessary.

Thanks!

12-06-08 09:35 PM
    :: Viigo Bulletins � Blog Archive � Service Interruption (BIS-B)

12-06-08 09:52 PM
    I am back up and running, I still resent my service books and re-registered my device...

12-06-08 09:58 PM
    yes with outages the device usually comes back up but with connection issues resending the service books is something that never hurts to try..

Most email/browser problems get fixed by sending service books.
    12-07-08 02:28 AM
    Mine was down earlier as well on sprint. Up and down actually. All seems to be fixed now as I've been up for some time

12-07-08 02:41 AM
    That's whats so great about this site. I was having the same problem and at first thought it was my phone. I got on my pc came to CrackBerry and found others were having the same issue.

12-07-08 02:45 AM
    i haven't notice any trouble with my 8330 on us cellular.
    12-07-08 07:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD