So I was just browsing through cnn.cn and I saw not just White, Black, and Red, but also Yellow, Blue, and Purple colored Blackberry trackballs. I don't know if anyone this posted it yet. I figured I would share it for those that would want it.

Here is a link:

8310 - Motorola, Nokia, BenQ-Siemens, BlackBerry, Acer, Panasonic, 3G, HTC, SonyEricsso
    Last edited by raskal1130; 03-03-09 at 07:26 PM.
    03-03-09 04:52 PM
    Awesome. Yeah, when I find the courage to switch out my trackball, I'm heading for a red AND black one. Then I'll switch them out to match my mood.
    03-03-09 05:24 PM
    I would have totally gotten a blue one for my Curve, but there's no way I'm voiding the warranty on my Bold for a trackball.
    03-03-09 05:30 PM
    I would have totally gotten a blue one for my Curve, but there's no way I'm voiding the warranty on my Bold for a trackball.
    If your careful, they will never know. Just replace the white sticker back. I know some people who have taken their Bold apart and later did warranty replacement with out anybody ever noticing. I ordered the Jav trackball last week and should get it by beginning of next week. My orginal white trackball is about shot.
    03-03-09 05:33 PM
    Yeah, I know. I guess I'm just still a little bitter about that design flaw on RIM's part. They shouldn't have made the trackball so difficult to get to in the first place.
    03-03-09 05:37 PM
    Yeah, I know. I guess I'm just still a little bitter about that design flaw on RIM's part. They shouldn't have made the trackball so difficult to get to in the first place.
    I agree 100%. As I stated above, Im really just installing the Jav trackball because my original is about shot. It clicks real bad when scrolling and I dont want to exchange my Bold. I had to exchange my Bold twice within the first 30 days and now that I have a great one, I dont want to give this up over a trackball.
    03-03-09 05:41 PM
    Bitter bitter guy. It's not a flaw JD. It was made that way for a reason.
    03-03-09 05:47 PM

It wouldnt be so bad if the trackballs lasted more than a few months. Mine just started a annoying click last week. After a few months, they dont scroll very well anymore.
    03-03-09 05:49 PM
    Haha, yea, your right CX, but since the trackball has become a fashion statement, they shoudl've made it easier to get to on the Bold and newer BBs,
    03-03-09 05:52 PM
    And that would be what exactly? Not being sarcastic here. If there is a legitimate reason for removing the ability to easily replace the part most prone to mechanical failure, I would truly like to know what it is.
    It wouldnt be so bad if the trackballs lasted more than a few months. Mine just started a annoying click last week. After a few months, they dont scroll very well anymore.
    I agree they could last longer. And although you shouldn't really have to: if you pay close attention to your hands and how clean they are or aren't, and watch where you put your device, you can make the TB last a bit longer.
    just ordereds the purple one cant wait for it to arrive yahooo lol
    03-03-09 05:54 PM
    And that would be what exactly? Not being sarcastic here. If there is a legitimate reason for removing the ability to easily replace the part most prone to mechanical failure, I would truly like to know what it is.
    Not a reason like you want per-say. It's just a limitation of the new design. The Bold doesn't look good with the same housing as the old Curve. It was tried. Plus it's another way to make some more $$$.
    03-03-09 05:54 PM
    I agree they could last longer. And although you shouldn't really have to: if you pay close attention to your hands and how clean they are or aren't, and watch where you put your device, you can make the TB last a bit longer.
    I wash my hands regularly and my device is still in 10/10 condition. My trackball is still white to prove that. I baby it if you know me. Just the trackballs tend to wear.
    03-03-09 05:56 PM
    It destroyed how the device looked with the same trackball housing and retaining clip
    03-03-09 05:57 PM
    Not a reason like you want per-say. It's just a limitation of the new design. The Bold doesn't look good with the same housing as the old Curve. It was tried. Plus it's another way to make some more $$$.
    I thought you meant a practical reason.

I agree that the classic silver ring would not have worked for the Bold, but there should have been some alternative, such as the BB/Back button plate made removable. Granted, that would lead to it's own problems, but I still see the trackball access as a design flaw, rather than a feature.
    03-03-09 06:12 PM
    Wow what next huh. Wow diff color balls I can't wait to see what is next diff colors balls
    03-03-09 06:29 PM
    I for one am glad the trackball is now embedded. 2 of my friends BB dropped and out flew the trackballs never to be seen again.
    03-03-09 06:31 PM
    I can't believe that some people are so annoyed with a little click in their trackball...I'm just not that picky I guess.
    03-03-09 06:37 PM
    are you talking about actual colored trackballs or a code that you can get that changes the color of your trackball? My friend had a BB with a trackball that changed colors and I want to find that link....
    03-03-09 06:39 PM
    Well that software only works on the 8100 colorpearl for 4.2 OS and Blingball for 4.5.
    03-03-09 06:43 PM
    Well that software only works on the 8100 colorpearl for 4.2 OS and Blingball for 4.5.
    Yes, Curves and Bolds do not have required LEDs behind the trackball for that to work. A shame really.
    03-03-09 06:47 PM
    Wow I guss I just find stuff like different color balls stupid as ****
    03-03-09 06:48 PM
    Ok, is it just me or am I alone with wondering why GREEN track balls are not being offered? The Irish in me -- yeah, I know ... Wout is not very Irish-sounding -- yearns for a GREEN trackball ... any seconds on this?
    03-03-09 06:49 PM
    I have a pink trackball coming in the mail. Can't wait!

I ordered mine from eBay though and its being shipped from Colorado, not Hong Kong so hopefully it will get to me faster =)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 06:53 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD