Thought I would share this with you ........

For interest's sake, I decided to view a few Iphone forums to see what kind of threads there were and what kind of postings Iphone users were puting up. I was surprised to see that .........

While the majority of BB postings relate to updates, new products, experiences with BB's and relevant information, MOST of the Iphone postings relate to COMPLAINTS about hardware, breakages, freezing, downloads that don't work and applications that are virtually useless.

I have always been a diehard BB user BUT if there are any of you out there (in here) who are considering switching to Apple, I would suggest that rather than running to the Apple store to play with an Iphone, log on to some of the many Iphone forums and read the postings.

If that doesn't convince you that BB wins hands down over Iphone, then buy from Apple and get ready. Here's a few issues that I read more than TWICE on Iphone reviews/threads/complaints:

** phone freezes almost daily and requires a computer restart
    ** unfreezing is a huge task as you can't do a battery pull
    ** some apps. actually freeze the entire phone
    ** back of phone cracks extremely easily
    ** screen is almost scratch proof BUT will crack under light pressure
    ** wish I had stayed with my Blackberry!!

It's always fun to see what the 'competition' is doing.
    02-03-09 10:54 AM
    Thought I would share this with you ........

For interest's sake, I decided to view a few Iphone forums to see what kind of threads there were and what kind of postings Iphone users were puting up. I was surprised to see that .........

While the majority of BB postings relate to updates, new products, experiences with BB's and relevant information, MOST of the Iphone postings relate to COMPLAINTS about hardware, breakages, freezing, downloads that don't work and applications that are virtually useless.

I have always been a diehard BB user BUT if there are any of you out there (in here) who are considering switching to Apple, I would suggest that rather than running to the Apple store to play with an Iphone, log on to some of the many Iphone forums and read the postings.

If that doesn't convince you that BB wins hands down over Iphone, then buy from Apple and get ready. Here's a few issues that I read more than TWICE on Iphone reviews/threads/complaints:

Great post.... I have friend who had a BlackBerry and now has an iPhone.. Just talked to him on the phone today matter of fact.. He told me that he would never get another BB.. EVER.. my $.02
    02-03-09 11:01 AM
    Check out the Storm Forums here! I just had to say it.
    02-03-09 11:03 AM
    Hi pckable ....... I realize that BB is not perfect and that there are lots of problems with the Storm, BUT on average there is no product out there that even comes close to BB in terms of quality and reliability.
    02-03-09 11:08 AM
    Hi pckable ....... I realize that BB is not perfect and that there are lots of problems with the Storm, BUT on average there is no product out there that even comes close to BB in terms of quality and reliability.
    Yea I hear ya, I was semi joking, BUT the truth of the matter is that the Storm Forum is different than the rest of CB, in particular the Rants & Raves section. Otherwise I'm in complete agreement with you I love this Forum and the BB platform in general. I'm also pretty fond of my Storm, warts and all. (I actually enjoy fiddling with my electronics )
    02-03-09 11:15 AM
    Tell my Apple friend that... He had a BB for a couple of years and now has the iPhone.. He said he would never get another BB... Just saying... It works both ways
    02-03-09 11:24 AM
    It's also really the persons preference. Honestly I couldn't use a Iphone for work stuff I would just go crazy. Typing on a touchscreen for me is not gonna happen.
    02-03-09 11:26 AM
    I have a Bold, and have had no problems with it. My wife and daughter both have iphones, and neither have experienced ANY problem with the iphones.
    02-03-09 01:04 PM
    I think it comes down to the individual more than anything. Some people just can't use electronics. It's like cooking. I know several chefs and they make the most complex dish imaginable look like child's play. I also know a few people that could actually burn a salad.
    02-03-09 01:35 PM
    It's also really the persons preference. Honestly I couldn't use a Iphone for work stuff I would just go crazy. Typing on a touchscreen for me is not gonna happen.
    I tried it, but it wasn't for me. I guess also because I have had a BB for almost 6 years now, it just didn't jive for me. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice phone, but my BB is the shizzle!

BTW, I had the iPhone for 1 month, and I did experience quite a few freezes.....which are quite frustrating with that particular phone.
    02-03-09 02:29 PM
    Obviously both phones are better than each other in a few ways.

However I think the BB wins in a tight race.

For the longest time I thought the iPhone was the best but after researching it
    and reading some comparisons I found out it was nearly what the advertisements lead me to believe.

Apple simply has better and more convincing adds that make up for the cons of the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 02:36 PM
    Obviously both phones are better than each other in a few ways.

However I think the BB wins in a tight race.

For the longest time I thought the iPhone was the best but after researching it
    and reading some comparisons I found out it was nearly what the advertisements lead me to believe.

Apple simply has better and more convincing adds that make up for the cons of the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    You haven't even used an iphone...? I bet you I could make a pretty convincing argument that the iphone is better than the Bold in almost everyway. FYI I am using my Bold more than iPhone, but only because I just recently bought the Bold and I like having a physical keypad. But as far us UI, functionality, efficiency, I could argue that the iPhone is up to par, if not better than BB.
    02-03-09 02:50 PM
    A friend of mine that I bowl with, recently purchased th Iphone 3g. He said that had AT&T offered the Storm,he would have never purchased the apple product. It's great entertainment, he said, but the Storm offers entertainment and productivity.
    02-03-09 03:01 PM

1. No it doesn't. I have owned one since the beginning of August, and only with release software this may have happened. My iPhone hasn't froze in months.

2. Really? All you have to do is press the home button, and the on/off button on the top at the same time for like 15 seconds, and that restarts the phone.

3. The same thing happens on a BB, your point?

4. No it doesn't. There were problems with people having this issue in the beginning, but I haven't heard about this excuse in a while. I have dropped my iPhone countless numbers of times, it just scratches. The iPhone build quality is top notch. My Bold feels like a 10 year old made it compared to my iPhone (still love my Bold though!).

5. Really? I have had keys and pavement rub against my iphones screen....nothing. The only BB with a good screen is the Storm, every other can be scratched relatively easily.

6. Good. It's a personal preference, and not everyone has the problems you addressed. A lot of these problems also occur on the BB.
    02-03-09 03:04 PM
    You haven't even used an iphone...? I bet you I could make a pretty convincing argument that the iphone is better than the Bold in almost everyway. FYI I am using my Bold more than iPhone, but only because I just recently bought the Bold and I like having a physical keypad. But as far us UI, functionality, efficiency, I could argue that the iPhone is up to par, if not better than BB.
    Exactly. It is all about the user.
    02-03-09 03:06 PM
    I owned an iPhone for 1 year before getting a Bold (simply because where I moved to didn't have ATT). I am now back on my iPhone after using the Bold for about 1 and a half short months (not using it now because I'm lending it to my brother because his iPhone finally died of total misuse...how ironic). They are both excellent phones, however, I would rather use my Bold. Why? Two reasons: background processes (the iPhone does not allow background processes except for its own applications. The BlackBerry, from my usage, for instance, keeps Yahoo logged in all day). The other reason: the keyboard. I will say this however...there are some phones that can do what the iPhone can do...but the iPhone IMHO just does it better. Everything flows well for me on the iPhone. That said, however, I still want my Bold!!
    02-03-09 03:10 PM
    haha thats hilarious
    02-03-09 03:23 PM
    Had an iphone for 1.5 years or so before my Bold. Yes the iphone does do what it can do very well. Sadly it can't do much in contrast to the Bold. I love the instant push email, the keyboard, the mutitasking ability, the customizable themes, etc on the Bold. It is overall a more powerful device. There is no perfect phone but for me the iphone was something I outgrew a LONG time ago.
    02-03-09 03:29 PM
    I had the iPhone and even though it's eyecandy IMO I dont miss it, the BB Storm does alot more out the box than the Iphone without me having to jail break it. So for those of you think it's hot it maybe but not straight out of the box.
    02-03-09 03:36 PM
    Check out the Storm Forums here! I just had to say it.
    Can't blame you, I was thinking that an awful lot of the threads over there are "my storm just froze, blew up, ruined my credit and kicked my dog" threads.

You have those in every population that gets big enough though I think; just like those who blindly support whatever it is without exception.
    02-03-09 03:41 PM
    I think it comes down to the individual more than anything. Some people just can't use electronics. It's like cooking. I know several chefs and they make the most complex dish imaginable look like child's play. I also know a few people that could actually burn a salad.
    That's funny!
    02-03-09 04:59 PM
    1. No it doesn't. I have owned one since the beginning of August, and only with release software this may have happened. My iPhone hasn't froze in months.

2. Really? All you have to do is press the home button, and the on/off button on the top at the same time for like 15 seconds, and that restarts the phone.

3. The same thing happens on a BB, your point?

4. No it doesn't. There were problems with people having this issue in the beginning, but I haven't heard about this excuse in a while. I have dropped my iPhone countless numbers of times, it just scratches. The iPhone build quality is top notch. My Bold feels like a 10 year old made it compared to my iPhone (still love my Bold though!).

5. Really? I have had keys and pavement rub against my iphones screen....nothing. The only BB with a good screen is the Storm, every other can be scratched relatively easily.

6. Good. It's a personal preference, and not everyone has the problems you addressed. A lot of these problems also occur on the BB.
    Don't let this clown get you wired up,he obviously knows jack about the and picks bit and pieces of info. I would argue hands down the Storm has alot more problems than the iPhone. I own both and can honestly say I should have waited on the Storm it's not ready for primetime. I originally bought the Curve and got rid of it for the Storm.
    02-03-09 05:09 PM
    i did the same as you as far as trying to learn as much as i could about the iphone before actually going thru with it. a friend of mine bought my old curve, and that gave me the funds for the iphone, so it was a no loss kinda thing for me. i really did like the iphone for what it was. the gui is very nice. i actually thought the virtual keyboard was kinda cool too. what ultimately did it for me was some of the things that have already been mentioned. email was a must, and although i got email on it, it severly jacked up some stuff. for some reason, outlook wouldnt work with the iphone on, and i couldnt log into my accounts online. mobileme was an option, but i live and die by outlook and just couldnt let it go. multi-tasking was another thing. i hadnt realized that you couldnt open a program like facebook, then exit it and go to something else without facebook closing. and a weird one was notifications. i figured out how to do the ringtone thing, but that weak little email notification was just that, weak. if i could have changed that it would have been much better. the browser on the iphone however was a joy to use. i have never really been into browsing the internet on a phone, this is from my 8125, 8525, curve 8310 to the bold. but on the iphone, i actually did use it! and it worked really really well! plus it hooked up to my wifi here at home, my bold wont play nice with my router for some reason. all in all, it wasnt that terrible of an experience, but i ended up going back to my bold.

the one thing my iphone experience did for me though, was make me want to try out a storm. if i could get one for att, it would probably be enough to make me try it as well.
    02-03-09 05:11 PM
    I'm still not sure why people directly compare a phone that has 2 years of fine tuning to a device that came out a little over 2 months ago. This is Blackberry's first attempt on a phone like this. How about we compare a storm in 20 months to a existing Iphone and see where we stand. Cause from what I hear 2 years of fine tuning hasn't worked out all the bugs still. Oh yeah I haven't been shocked yet either..
    Last edited by Lowsol94; 02-03-09 at 05:18 PM.
    02-03-09 05:12 PM
    I have both a Storm and an iphone 3g (don't ask me why), and I'm having zero problems thus far with either one of them. There again, I'm really careful with my devices...
    02-03-09 05:21 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD