Professionals use Surface tablets. I don't know if BlackBerry can create a Surface beater.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    I agree. I use a Surface Pro 2 and it is hard to beat that especially for productivity. And with Surface Pro 4 rumored for release late this year, that would be the tablet of choice for professionals.
    08-24-15 06:58 AM
    Mmmhhh, I have an iPad mini for invoicing in tandem with a credit card reader... (hotspotting off my Passport) :-)

�   Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...   �
    And how does your signature on the iPad resemble your real signature on paper? With a Surface, they're identical. Depends on what your business needs are - I don't take credit cards, but I do sign documents! And you can't beat full Office apps on a MS device.

One reason I put away the PlayBook for good was the crippled Docs2Go apps. I just couldn't use them to do what I needed to do. So the tablet would have to do better Office than Microsoft, and I don't think it's likely.

MarsupilamiX likes this.
    08-24-15 07:08 AM
    I agree. I use a Surface Pro 2 and it is hard to beat that especially for productivity. And with Surface Pro 4 rumored for release late this year, that would be the tablet of choice for professionals.
    They look good but pretty pricey though.

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    08-24-15 07:08 AM
    Professionals use Surface tablets. I don't know if BlackBerry can create a Surface beater.

I've always had an interest in the Surface and it's nice to see its evolution. But it has basically evolved into a laptop and when one factors in the price, usability, durability, etc, I would still go with a SSD based laptop. More bang for the dollar. To be honest, I feel the surface has sort of lost its way.

If Blackberry goes down this road, there is a sweet spot for pricing, say somewhere around 500-600 dollars. If Blackberry could build a bigger screen device (less than 10 inches) that bridges well to a phone, has the usual App support/internet access and can reasonably edit documents (and not the editing we pretend to do on a phone), then I think they have a good shot.
    08-24-15 07:40 AM
    They look good but pretty pricey though.

True, they are pretty pricey. But for my needs (and I assume most professionals), only the Surface Pro cuts it. It is basically already a full blown laptop with a tablet form factor. And with Windows 10, it now is even better to use. But then again, maybe others don't need the power of a Surface Pro that is where a Surface RT comes in.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    08-24-15 07:51 AM
    Not sure why anyone would buy anything but a Windows 10 tablet (except for people with Macs and iPhones of course,.. they should get iPads)... and there are plenty of cheap ones around with and without real keyboards.

But really, screw 'apps', just get real programs. What could a BlackBerry Android tablet bring to the table? Pre-installed Blend?

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 07:58 AM
    I've always had an interest in the Surface and it's nice to see its evolution. But it has basically evolved into a laptop and when one factors in the price, usability, durability, etc, I would still go with a SSD based laptop. More bang for the dollar. To be honest, I feel the surface has sort of lost its way.

If Blackberry goes down this road, there is a sweet spot for pricing, say somewhere around 500-600 dollars. If Blackberry could build a bigger screen device (less than 10 inches) that bridges well to a phone, has the usual App support/internet access and can reasonably edit documents (and not the editing we pretend to do on a phone), then I think they have a good shot.
    The Surface 3 (RT) is priced at $499 and up.
    The Surface Pro 3 is priced at $799 a up.

I would say the price is reasonable and the Surface 3 version is just about in the sweet spot you mentioned above.

The Pro being slightly more expensive, but for the power it is worth it.

So really hard to beat the Surface (or even any Windows 10 tablet) in terms of productivity.
    08-24-15 08:03 AM
    Not sure why anyone would buy anything but a Windows 10 tablet (except for people with Macs and iPhones of course,.. they should get iPads)... and there are plenty of cheap ones around with and without real keyboards.

But really, screw 'apps', just get real programs. What could a BlackBerry Android tablet bring to the table? Pre-installed Blend?

Posted via CB10
    I agree... another Android Tablet is going to have a tough time.

Worldwide Tablet Market Continues to Decline; Vendor Landscape is Evolving, According to IDC - prUS25811115

Me personally I see more and more Windows devices... but by and far it is and Apple market here in my little corner of the US.

One of the big reasons... is apps. If you are going to School, Apple has the best selection of school apps. And iBooks is a very good tool for working with reference materials.

I just don't understand why BlackBerry, Microsoft and even Google can't make their own native version of iBooks?
    MarsupilamiX and Blacklatino like this.
    08-24-15 08:33 AM
    What could a BlackBerry Android tablet bring to the table? Pre-installed Blend?
    I hate to say the word, but okay, I say it: Security.

I am a frequent traveler, my devices are often connected to hotspots in hotels and I am 100% confident that hotel networks are totally insecure.
    So I would (almost) never connect a classical Windows machine to such hotspots.
    See also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DarkHotel

However, I assume my BB 10 devices as safe (enough) to be connected to a hotspot, especially because the communication is secured by BES.

If they launch a tablet, then wow, I would buy it immediately together with a BES license.
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    08-24-15 08:50 AM
    Anything would be great,just keep the products coming,lol
    08-24-15 08:56 AM
    Isn't this a laptop???
    08-24-15 08:56 AM
    professionals with a tablet? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
    Have you seen the Microsoft Surface?

 Z30 - 10.3.2.2204
    08-24-15 08:59 AM
    I have a VPN server at home, and whenever I travel and use wifi with either my device or tablet, I connect through it.

The problem is not with Windows, but just with non secured internet transport protocols. This means that even our 'supposedly secure' BlackBerry devices (unless they are connecting via BES or probably BIS) are vulnerable to any type of packet sniffing that would likely occur on 'guest' WiFi environments.

And that's the problem with this whole BlackBerry thing. They have been so unclear about what their devices provide that they are probably creating a false sense of security amongst its users. We could probably start a class action lawsuit against their (clearly strategic) lack of clarity when it comes to what is really 'secure' about their standalone devices. Is it just that the OS cannot be modified because it's verified on every boot? I have a hard time believing that's what has made most of 'us' around here feel 'safer'.
    LazyEvul likes this.
    08-24-15 08:59 AM
    Can't wait to pair one of these with the new BlackBerry smartwatch also in the works...
    08-24-15 09:02 AM
    Have you seen the Microsoft Surface?

 Z30 - 10.3.2.2204
    anyone calling the microsoft surface a tablet is lying to themselves. its a laptop with detachable keyboard... its not even in the same league as an ipad or an android tablet. the surface is a full blown laptop
    AnimalPak200 and LuvULongTime like this.
    08-24-15 09:03 AM
    On very good authority, word is there's a new BlackBerry Tablet in the works. Can't confirm if it's BB10 or Android but it's coming. If recent leaks are to go by, possibly Android but fingers crossed for a BB10 version also.

It will be Android only. BB 10 will not be coming to it.
    08-24-15 09:08 AM
    Doubt it will be a consumer tablet.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 09:18 AM
    Windows is the way to go if you want a professional tablet.

Windows tablets can run pc programs, as well as apps from Windows store, whereas a Ipads. BlackBerry 10 and Android tablets can only run phone apps. Lol.

What are you going to do if you need to connect it to a scanner, or a printer, and the driver is only available for PCs?
    How about accessing full function Microsoft office suite programs instead of watered down phone apps?
    And lastly, being able to play program based games is always nice too.

I just do not understand people who buy Ipads and Android tablets.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 09:21 AM
    It's dual OS tablet BB10+Android!

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-24-15 09:23 AM
    I will believe it when I see proof.
    OP do you have any proof?
    08-24-15 09:36 AM
    More and more superintendents on construction sites are using tablets. That way every change on every set of drawings can be available at the touch of the screen. Many city inspectors are also using tablets with very small portable printers to do inspections and their reports. Tablets are working their way into all sorts of workplaces.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 09:44 AM
    I have a VPN server at home, and whenever I travel and use wifi with either my device or tablet, I connect through it.

The problem is not with Windows, but just with non secured internet transport protocols. This means that even our 'supposedly secure' BlackBerry devices (unless they are connecting via BES or probably BIS) are vulnerable to any type of packet sniffing that would likely occur on 'guest' WiFi environments.

And that's the problem with this whole BlackBerry thing. They have been so unclear about what their devices provide that they are probably creating a false sense of security amongst its users. We could probably start a class action lawsuit against their (clearly strategic) lack of clarity when it comes to what is really 'secure' about their standalone devices. Is it just that the OS cannot be modified because it's verified on every boot? I have a hard time believing that's what has made most of 'us' around here feel 'safer'.
    Did BlackBerry do anything to create that sense of security amongst users... or did the BlackBerry community just make a bunch of assumptions about BB10?

The real problem, is WHAT IS BEING SECURED? SECURED from who... your girlfriend, or the NSA?
    08-24-15 09:44 AM
    Ya'll are getting as bad as the iMore site. It's not even a concept and you're bashing the iPad. Face reality, iPad is the standard and before you bash it and claim the next iPad killer ( I am so sick of hearing that line of crap) try to measure up to an Android in performance and sales. Enthusiasm is one thing, Delusional is something else
    08-24-15 09:47 AM
    It will be Android only. BB 10 will not be coming to it.
    So, Whats the selling point? Another Android tablet? Every gadget maker has one out already. More BB jumping into the fight as the bell signals the end of round 12, AGAIN!!!!!! I want this company to come back so bad but, there is no innovation. Pick the fight you can win? You pick the fights that need fighting!!!
    08-24-15 09:53 AM
    Have an iPad mini and surface pro 3. The surface pro 3 is preferred over the iPad but it cost more too. Not sure if there's really space for BlackBerry tablet. Besides, with BB10 or Android, security is about same with other two OS especially if you're on WiFi. BlackBerry security is a myth without BES or BIS.

Posted via CB10
    xtremeled likes this.
    08-24-15 09:58 AM
183 1234 ...