i'll take the first two names just never say that last one ever again, please.
    It is a dirty word isn't it, just threw it in for a laugh!

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    08-25-15 04:55 PM
    Yeah that is true, but history shows us that Microsoft always needs a few tries to get things right
    Actually, most tech do need a few tries to get it right. Not unless you're the pioneer then your faults are often overlooked. Look at the earlier versions of Android. Actually it tool Google quite some time to get Android right.

Not all technology get's adopted right away. It took the surface a while to catch on. There is a three+ year cycle for businesses when purchasing. BlackBerry gave up after 18 months on both the PlayBook and now BlackBerry 10.
    This is so true, enterprise are usually late adopters. That's why if they give up on BlackBerry 10 right now (which is what is happening) it would be a waste.

I need them for architectural drawings, photo editing, multimedia work etc.
    That's where the Surface shines. Load a CAD, a full blown Photoshop any program you use on your Computer can basically be loaded to a Surface 3 and Surface 3 Pro for more power.
    08-25-15 06:09 PM
    anyone calling the microsoft surface a tablet is lying to themselves. its a laptop with detachable keyboard... its not even in the same league as an ipad or an android tablet. the surface is a full blown laptop
    i would take a surface pro over a crappy apple thing any day of the week
    08-25-15 08:34 PM
    I hope they load it up with RAM. I hate tablets always reloading the browser webpages when switching apps. And Android seems to kill apps often you put in the background on tablets from my experience. Make it solid like a real computer with out those annoyances and it will be a hit.
    08-25-15 09:34 PM
    I seriously doubt this is anything but hopeful speculation anyway. Chen is playing too conservative to waste BB's limited financial means on a tablet with the hardware business already on life support.

Now if they can turn the phone business around, there would be an opportunity to test the waters with a tab, but no way in hell is it gonna happen with 0.3% phone marketshare (which will probably be even LOWER come the next report).
    08-26-15 04:36 AM
    I seriously doubt this is anything but hopeful speculation anyway. Chen is playing too conservative to waste BB's limited financial means on a tablet with the hardware business already on life support.

Now if they can turn the phone business around, there would be an opportunity to test the waters with a tab, but no way in hell is it gonna happen with 0.3% phone marketshare (which will probably be even LOWER come the next report).
    What if it's just a modified Samsung tablet?
    The Secusmart one is... :-)

�   Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...   �
    08-26-15 05:20 AM
    A Surface beater? Well that can't be too hard. Sales have been poor. Don't see many in the wild either.
    Microsoft has a Back To School deal on Surface 3 - 10% off with student ID. The Yorkdale store was packed yesterday. Surface Pro 3 is not dropping in price and is still the gold standard for professional tablets. IPads don't come close to the functionality of a SP3, regardless of how many companies have purchased them.

Even in schools, iPads are common but not very functional. My daughter brought a class iPad home to do an assignment on it, on a specially written app, and ended up doing it on our Windows computer, online. People are so susceptible to advertising, they just buy the new shiny thing with a glowing Apple logo on it.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    eduzojordan likes this.
    08-26-15 07:53 AM
    Microsoft has a Back To School deal on Surface 3 - 10% off with student ID. The Yorkdale store was packed yesterday. Surface Pro 3 is not dropping in price and is still the gold standard for professional tablets. IPads don't come close to the functionality of a SP3, regardless of how many companies have purchased them.

Even in schools, iPads are common but not very functional. My daughter brought a class iPad home to do an assignment on it, on a specially written app, and ended up doing it on our Windows computer, online. People are so susceptible to advertising, they just buy the new shiny thing with a glowing Apple logo on it.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport

It really depends on use. It also depends on what type desktop or laptop computer you use. I do presentations from my iPad which is great since I have a Mac desktop and notebook. The presentations I create on my desktop and are stored on iCloud are on my iPad automatically. I also run Microsoft Office on my iPad when I need it. The task management program I use is also Apple cross device synced. No doubt the Surface has some very useful facets but the dismissiveness towards iPads is really missing the reality of how they can be used.
    08-26-15 08:37 AM
    It really depends on use. It also depends on what type desktop or laptop computer you use. I do presentations from my iPad which is great since I have a Mac desktop and notebook. The presentations I create on my desktop and are stored on iCloud are on my iPad automatically. I also run Microsoft Office on my iPad when I need it. The task management program I use is also Apple cross device synced. No doubt the Surface has some very useful facets but the dismissiveness towards iPads is really missing the reality of how they can be used.
    True, iPads can be useful in the case you mentioned above. But with a Surface 3 (doesn't even have to be a Pro), you can create your presentation and at the same time do your presentation in it without the need for a desktop/notebook.

And when I travel, I no longer need to bring my notebook (or prepare my documents/presentation on my desktop before leaving for my trip). I could do everything on my Surface.

Before, when I travel, I couldn't survive with an iPad alone. I had to have an iPad and a Notebook combination. Or I just ditch my iPad altogether and bring my Notebook instead (much lighter than bringing two device). Now, I just bring my Surface 3.

Am not dismissing the usefulness of the iPad. What am saying is the Surface can do more. That's because the Surface is a computer in a tablet form factor while an iPad is an iPhone in a tablet form factor.
    eduzojordan likes this.
    08-26-15 10:15 AM
    The best tablet form would be a 'dumb tablet' that connects to our phones either by sliding the phone into a slot or by wireless connection.
    08-26-15 10:34 AM
    True, iPads can be useful in the case you mentioned above. But with a Surface 3 (doesn't even have to be a Pro), you can create your presentation and at the same time do your presentation in it without the need for a desktop/notebook.

And when I travel, I no longer need to bring my notebook (or prepare my documents/presentation on my desktop before leaving for my trip). I could do everything on my Surface.

Before, when I travel, I couldn't survive with an iPad alone. I had to have an iPad and a Notebook combination. Or I just ditch my iPad altogether and bring my Notebook instead (much lighter than bringing two device). Now, I just bring my Surface 3.

Am not dismissing the usefulness of the iPad. What am saying is the Surface can do more. That's because the Surface is a computer in a tablet form factor while an iPad is an iPhone in a tablet form factor.
    I do actually edit presentations on the iPad but I see your point. I don't, however typically travel with a notebook but only an iPad and occasionally a Bluetooth keyboard. I would probably be more inclined towards the Surface if we used Windows much. Most of the documents we work on are in Google docs and I do much of my "writing" by dictation.
    08-26-15 10:43 AM
    The best tablet form would be a 'dumb tablet' that connects to our phones either by sliding the phone into a slot or by wireless connection.
    That didn't work so well with the Playbook.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-26-15 10:45 AM
    That didn't work so well with the Playbook.
    It would have been fine if the PlayBook wasn't priced as high as it was. Imagine a "dumb tablet" for $100 for use with Blend.
    09-07-15 11:36 PM
    Of course with BB10 Os!

  
    09-08-15 12:51 AM
    Not sure why anyone would buy anything but a Windows 10 tablet (except for people with Macs and iPhones of course,.. they should get iPads)... and there are plenty of cheap ones around with and without real keyboards.

But really, screw 'apps', just get real programs. What could a BlackBerry Android tablet bring to the table? Pre-installed Blend?

Posted via CB10
    That's my thinking. Windows 10 makes all the difference. Never wanted a Windows tablet before Windows 10 but the Surface form factor is looking better and better.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-08-15 02:27 AM
    Actually, most tech do need a few tries to get it right. Not unless you're the pioneer then your faults are often overlooked. Look at the earlier versions of Android. Actually it tool Google quite some time to get Android right.

This is so true, enterprise are usually late adopters. That's why if they give up on BlackBerry 10 right now (which is what is happening) it would be a waste.

That's where the Surface shines. Load a CAD, a full blown Photoshop any program you use on your Computer can basically be loaded to a Surface 3 and Surface 3 Pro for more power.
    But we need a BlackBerry tablet don't we? aren't we loyal blackberrians?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 01:59 PM
    Basically we need a BlackBerry tablet than can rival the Surface and still provide built in security, while enabling the fun factor and inspiring creativity regardless whomever uses the tablets. Maybe this could be an opportunity to re-jig the BlackBerry World ecosystem too.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 02:03 PM
    I'd love to replace my Surface 2 with a BlackBerry 10 10" tablet with a PK.. one man can dream..

Posted via CB10
    09-09-15 02:13 PM
    Basically we need a BlackBerry tablet than can rival the Surface and still provide built in security, while enabling the fun factor and inspiring creativity regardless whomever uses the tablets. Maybe this could be an opportunity to re-jig the BlackBerry World ecosystem too.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe with BlackDroid. No way they waste their time with another BB10 tablet. There's no consumer market for it when they can only get 1.3% market share with phones.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-09-15 02:19 PM
    Maybe with BlackDroid. No way they waste their time with another BB10 tablet. There's no consumer market for it when they can only get 1.3% market share with phones.

Posted via CB10
    Don't they have. 03% market?
    09-09-15 02:42 PM
    I think BB10 needed a Tablet format to compete in the business market... But I think BB10 is done.

I think that going forward BlackBerry is going to use Android to the fullest extent possible, and I think that their focus is going to be on the software. So I don't think hardware will matter. If someone needs a Tablet, BlackBerry will be able to secure any Android Tablet.
    09-09-15 02:53 PM
    Is it fake?

New Tablet in the works!-coezljzvaau0q6n.jpg

____BlackBerry 10 makes me stay___
    09-09-15 04:35 PM
    Is it fake?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COezLjZVAAU0Q6n.jpg 
Views:	590 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	370621

If it's not I think they lost their minds.
    09-09-15 05:11 PM
    Is it fake?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	COezLjZVAAU0Q6n.jpg 
Views:	590 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	370621

Do a rudimentary ELA on the image. There are several online tools for doing them. The tablet bezel and background are real enough but the whole UI likes up like a Christmas tree.
    09-09-15 09:16 PM
    Do a rudimentary ELA on the image. There are several online tools for doing them. The tablet bezel and background are real enough but the whole UI likes up like a Christmas tree.
    the picture is from dhabkirk so its much likely real
    09-09-15 11:39 PM
183 ... 5678