Hello all. I have a wifi issue, and I did a search, and it didn't seem to fit any other solutions, so I thought I'd ask here before I called T*Mo this afternoon.

Friday night at about 6:30 my cell phone lost connection to everything. No cellular service, no UMA, but I could see my wireless router and access point. Wife got home about 9, swapped SIM cards, my phone worked, hers didn't. So my SIM died. Called T*Mo back, they noted it, told me to go to a local store Sat AM and get a free SIM replacement. So I did. Before leaving the store, I verified cellular coverage / data was working.

So I get home, and I notice that it's not connecting to UMA. Odd. Check all my settings, nothing had changed on the phone itself. Everything is good, deleted the profile anyway and re-created it, no go. Wife's phone is on UMA just fine. I swap the SIMs and again, my phone is working and hers isn't. So it's some sort of issue with the SIM card apparently...

8320 / 4.5.0.162
    T*Mo wireless hotspot router
    Old Linksys WRT54G as an access point in the garage
    Phone was working fine on UMA before the SIM died
    Works fine with Wife's SIM
    WLAN has no security except that it's not broadcasting the SSID
    Admittedly, I haven't rebooted my home networking equipment yet, but I will when I get home...
    I don't remember the error # I get off the top of my head, but I'll share later...

Any ideas? I'm open to trying most anything.
    08-24-09 05:34 AM
    did you get an answer/fix from tMobile?
    08-26-09 08:40 PM
    That is wierd....def swap out sim again....battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-30-09 11:28 PM
    Well, this is common problem with new OS. only ways is to reload OS and wipe it in first time use
    12-15-13 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD