As far as I've heard, the SGS5 can be submerged up to 30 minutes at 1m deep. I'm pretty sure that was the same for my Xperia Z. I'm not sure about the Z2.

EDIT: I just saw an article which claimed the Z2 can be submerged up to 30 minutes in 1.5m of water.
    I had my Z Ultra under water for more than 5 minutes the other day when I was reading something in the tub then I put it on the edge and fell asleep a bit - only to wake up a little bit later and discovering my phone at the bottom of the bathtub, full of ~100-degree water...

Phone was still working fine when I pulled it out (it even remained functional under water as long as you were using the physical buttons, the touchscreen is ignored down there. )
    02-25-14 04:47 PM
    Blackberries need water to grow, so I think it would be out of character for a BB device to be waterproof.

What they should do is add photoreceptive cells so the device can charge itself. That would totally be paying homage to their blackberry roots.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    02-25-14 04:48 PM
    Why would you set up water proofing and security as an either/or? The two features have nothing to do with each other.
    Because I don't care for a waterproof phone, we can buy cases atf. You can't be atf with security. Quite simple. I'd rather BlackBerry focus on the quality of my os, the security of my information than have a phone I can take swimming.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 05:37 PM
    God I would give anything for a waterproof phone. This should honestly be a standard for phone development for future phones

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 05:54 PM
    Ehhh forget about removable batteries or even battery door (like on the Z30) if you want a waterproof phone. It's a tradeoff.

Personally, I don't really care if I can submerge my phone. Is there a market for that? I don't know.

Posted via CB10
    The Japanese market does that to differenciate itself so that Japanese people don't buy non-Japanese phones.

If you look into what Japan has to offer, some of them can be quite shocking and eye-opening.
    02-25-14 05:58 PM
    I'm more likely to drop my phone on cement pavement, than drop it in the water, so waterproof isn't that big of a concern for me.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 06:01 PM
    Ehhh forget about removable batteries or even battery door (like on the Z30) if you want a waterproof phone. It's a tradeoff.

Personally, I don't really care if I can submerge my phone. Is there a market for that? I don't know.

Posted via CB10
    It's been a long time since I had a waterproof phone but the couple I did have years back had removable batteries. And I would even use them even when it was raining out as I sometimes work outside.

Also, the Samsung Galaxy S4 Active has a removable battery and you can also get a aftermarket extended battery that is also removable while still maintaining the phones waterproofness.

Not sure if the Active 4 can be submerged for long periods of time or if it's just a matter of dropping the phone in a couple of feet of water for a short time but the battery is removable.
    02-25-14 06:13 PM
    id love all phones to be waterproof in the future, as it is now im always paranoid when out in the rain, its anything soaking through my handbag where my phone is?, is it seeping through my jeans pocket? is the damp from being in a pocket during rain enough to short circuit it? im not always wearing a waterproof coat, im not always able to catch my phone (puddles, toilet although that hasnt happened yet thankfully), heck even making a quick text or call in the rain im wiping raindrops off it every few seconds and worrying
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    02-25-14 06:55 PM
    The S5 is water resistant not waterproof there is a difference even at mwc the rep said it's not waterproof that you can leave it in water......just water resistance as in oh shoot I dropped my phone in water I can pull it out quick without any damage.....

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 06:58 PM
34 12