Hi fellow CrackBerry addicts! India just got its own Rupee symbol and we're very excited.

Is there a way to add this symbol to a Blackberry (mine's a Bold 9000)? Even if we can't add it to the currency button, adding a font would help.

Any suggestions? Anything at all ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-10 11:32 AM
    Copy the symbol and paste it in AutoText. Name the symbol whatever you want and when you type the name of the symbol and press the space key, it will appear...
    07-30-10 11:37 AM
    Thanks SevereDeceit! Lemme see if I can find a copy-pasteable symbol.

07-30-10 11:40 AM
    @b34n: Were you able to do it? I tried searching for a copy-pasteable symbol as suggested, but couldn't find one.
    Thanks in advance.
    04-29-11 04:57 AM
    Indian rupee sign - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Indian rupee sign is a combination of the Devanagari letter "र" (ra) and the Latin capital letter "R". The Indian rupee sign is placed at U+20B9 in the Unicode character set....
    Unicode - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

v6.0
    October 2010

ISO/IEC 10646:2010 plus the Indian rupee sign ...
    http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U20A0.pdf
    04-29-11 09:49 AM
    @Reed McLay: Thanks for your prompt reply.
    Pardon my ignorance, but how can I type Unicode symbols on my BB? I have used something like blackberryempire.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=424 this in the past for getting symbols where I could open the link in my BB browser and just copy the symbol.
    But when I try that with the rupee symbol, I just get a black box.
    Thanks in advance.
    05-09-11 05:34 AM
    I've also been unable to get the Rs symbol to work in autotext as it doesn't accept pictures. Any help will be appreciated!
    05-09-11 05:55 AM
    @Reed McLay: Thanks for your prompt reply.
    Pardon my ignorance, but how can I type Unicode symbols on my BB? I have used something like blackberryempire.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=424 this in the past for getting symbols where I could open the link in my BB browser and just copy the symbol.
    But when I try that with the rupee symbol, I just get a black box.
    Thanks in advance.
    you can't. what you can do is email yourself something containing the symbol to your bb, from your PC. then, following the previous posts, copy and paste it as an auto text entry... Good luck
    05-09-11 05:57 AM
    ...what you can do is email yourself something containing the symbol to your bb, from your PC. then, following the previous posts, copy and paste it as an auto text entry... Good luck
    In AutoText you can't paste pictures....any way to use unicode??
    05-09-11 06:15 AM
    Don't send it to yourself as ann image, send it as text...

05-09-11 06:27 AM
    @Tbrenn: Thanks for your prompt reply. I tried e-mailing this symbol ₹, but once I open the e-mail on my blackberry, the symbol shows up as a black box.
    05-09-11 06:54 AM
    Perhaps ytour device needs updated unicode... You could try updating the OS, or, installking additional language support

05-09-11 06:55 AM
    Heya. Just stumbled across this post. Was wondering that since its been awhile and the Rupee symbol is now fairly commonplace, is there some way to get it on our newer BBs running OS7??
    05-09-12 01:17 AM
    What's wrong with "Rs."??

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-09-12 01:23 AM
    There must be something wrong otherwise Mr. Government wouldn't have felt the need for it.

Anyways, I'd be cool to have our country's currency symbol
    05-09-12 01:59 AM
    i am using OS 7.1 and getting black box in place of rupee symbol while on laptop it is displayed correctly.
    05-09-12 02:19 AM
    Mr.Government does a lot of things which are not needed and/or are useless.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    husainpatan likes this.
    05-09-12 05:09 AM
    " ₹ "
    here u go, just copy the above provided character & add it to word substitution .
    enjoy !!
    sausu007s likes this.
    03-03-14 11:53 PM
    03-04-14 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD