RIM just announced some pretty interesting new PC software called BlackBerry Unite! which will be available for free starting November.

BlackBerry Unite! will allow small groups of up to 5 BlackBerry users to share contact lists, calendars, remotely access media on your PC, media sharing, and remote security options (such as password setting, memory wiping, back-up, and enforcing IT policies).

Sounds great, right? The downside is this is only coming out on Telefonica in Spain for now. US folk can only hope they will be seeing this kind of bundled functionality soon - for smaller operations which don�t need (or can�t afford) a full-blown 3rd. party software package, integrated functions like this would make BlackBerry the clear device of choice. Not that it isn�t already.

Come on you US laggards, you are always three steps back from the Blackberry cutting edge!

Source: Blackberrycool
    10-05-07 03:42 AM
    Umm... any clue as to when we will have a US version? I know I could theoretically download the software from another IP, but... I don't want to be dirty like that. Plus, it's for my company, and we desperately need some software that will sync everyone's contacts.

Do you have any ideas as to what third-party software is out there that would support this kind of functionality? We tried the Add2Exchange software, but our server won't support it (not enough RAM). Any other ideas?

Thanks!
    06-03-08 09:42 AM
    I read on one of the other BB forums that it is now out (Beta?) in US
    but has many problems.

It does sound terrific.
    06-05-08 11:09 AM
    I read on one of the other BB forums that it is now out (Beta?) in US
    but has many problems.

It does sound terrific.
    I'm not going to go into the horror stories from me and the others users who installed this, but before you install Unite please, please read through these 2 threads. If you still want to cool.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/new-...-policy-34665/

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/opin...y-unite-34374/
    06-05-08 10:23 PM
    The version I installed was NOT a beta, it was released by Bell Mobility.

3 days and about 25 wipes later....never again.
    06-06-08 01:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD