A tiny thing that I noticed which looks a bit different is that they added the BlackBerry logo as a button in the bottom left of the "hub", that definitely was not there before. Not sure entirely what it does, as it's blurry, maybe its a quick link to BBM, not sure, but you can see it at the time in the video of: 4:15

Another thing that I noticed can be seen at 10:35, often what happens especially when typing on the PlayBook is that you miss the space key a few times, having 3/4 words all connected. All you need to do now is press space at the end of the long word, and it will add the individual spaces inbetween the individual words to break it up into what you actually meant to do.

And one last thing that I noticed is that HTML5TEST.com now gives the BB10 browser a score of 484, about 20 points higher than it has been in previous videos (so they are obviously making more progress on the browser) 11:45

Those are a few little things that can be seen and it shows that this is 1.) a fairly recent video (a more recent OS version), and 2.) shows that they are indeed making more progress, adding tiny little features to improve the OS. Probably listening to our feedback as I have seen around the forums that people were wondering why the BB logo was nowhere within the OS. People mentioned, why not change those 3 little dots instead to the BlackBerry logo, in a thread posted here a few weeks ago.. Well look, now they just so happened to add the BlackBerry logo within the HUB. Very cool to see this

EDIT:
    Another recent video, different language though and nothing really "new" in it, appears to be the same OS version as the video above though, looks and functions quite nicely and fluidly. Minimized "Docs to Go" looks so pretty :P ahh I cant wait!!!

Last edited by flip4life4751; 11-16-12 at 09:32 AM.
    bluetroll, Joy1980, sydsam and 7 others like this.
    11-13-12 10:47 PM
    That button is the contextual menu button, where it was previously three dots, it looks to be replaced by the well known blackberry symbol. Makes sense considering that is the current use for the BB button whilst in an application.
    11-13-12 11:01 PM
    That button is the contextual menu button, where it was previously three dots, it looks to be replaced by the well known blackberry symbol. Makes sense considering that is the current use for the BB button whilst in an application.
    Yep, makes sense, and was actually requested by many of the CrackBerry community as it makes a lot of sense. Wonder if RIM saw it on here, or if they just had the idea, either way, it seems like our voice is being heard, very cool
    11-13-12 11:04 PM
    Missing the space bar is something I absolutely hate on the PlayBooks keyboard so the fact that in BB10 it will correct your misspellings by adding that space in between words is a fantastic feature!!! I can not wait for BB10 to hit phones and PlayBooks
    11-14-12 12:26 AM
    I'm sorry but... WTF was that sound at 2:59??? Did I just get RickRolled?! Damn, lol. Couldn't stop laughing and could no longer take this video serious.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    11-14-12 12:34 AM
    I'm sorry but... WTF was that sound at 2:59??? Did I just get RickRolled?! Damn, lol. Couldn't stop laughing and could no longer take this video serious.
    Haha. It seems like this video was shot with a phone camera, and it started to vibrate from a notification. It scared the crap out of me when I first heard it too.
    11-14-12 12:57 AM
    Great find. I can see myself writing out full sentences and just double spacing at the end with this new feature and ultimately save a lot of strokes. This could save a lot of time and touch screen frustration. Being a PK user, this is still big plus.
    11-14-12 01:14 AM
    What a pity its shot on a stupid angle through someone's sock
    11-14-12 02:57 AM
    484 in Browser test....That's 100 points ahead of iOS 6.0...and flash is supported....well is there anything else to be said?
    11-14-12 06:32 AM
    One thing that I hope they add to the keyboard it they haven't already is similar to the spacing feature, but it drives me nuts on every touchscreen phone out there...

When you flick up a word, then it always puts a space after the word (which is good, obviously), but if you throw in a period or comma, then it should take away that space after the word.. It should be smart enough to know that you are ending a sentence like this: "the end." rather than have it "the end ." because you simply flicked up the word "end" and then put a space or comma after it.

Not sure if I explained it the best, but its something extremely tiny that irritates me that would be such a small fix.

Hope you're listening RIM / can anyone verify if it already does this or not?
    BB_Bmore and z1nsane like this.
    11-14-12 06:49 AM
    I hope it takes care of an n in between words also because I'm always hitting n instead of space on both my pb and phone. Go figure.
    bmercer94 likes this.
    11-14-12 07:03 AM
    When you flick up a word, then it always puts a space after the word (which is good, obviously), but if you throw in a period or comma, then it should take away that space after the word.. It should be smart enough to know that you are ending a sentence like this: "the end." rather than have it "the end ." because you simply flicked up the word "end" and then put a space or comma after it.
    The PlayBook does what you want, so I imagine BB10 does too. For what it's worth, Swype on Android doesn't add the space after a word until you type something else. If the next thing you type is a word, it puts a space in; if it's a comma or period, it doesn't. Either way should be okay, as long as we don't have to take that space out manually.
    abass likes this.
    11-14-12 07:35 AM
    Did not know this, thanks for pointing that out, I guess it's something so simple that I didn't even realize that my PlayBook already does it. Just used to my 9930 n physical keyboard i guess. :P
    11-14-12 08:33 AM
    Nice especially about the browser, they are showing they will not have a junk browser. To bad the video is low res and the guy shooting it never once sounded impressed.
    convenor likes this.
    11-14-12 09:41 AM
    Definately not a junk browser and from a few artixles I've read the bb10 browser will lead the pack. BlackBerry is swinging for the fences with bb10. I'm gonna be all over this device come launch day!
    11-14-12 09:58 AM
    What ? ios6 doesn't support flash? Really? so no flash or NFC? Wow..BB10 is.100 points ahead of ios6 as well. No wonder people think the iphone5 is already old and outdated.
    11-14-12 10:10 AM
    I think Apple has been against Flash since the beginning. It's Only been Android that has used Flash.
    11-14-12 10:16 AM
    Steve Jobs was against flash and didn't even like people mentioning it in meetings etc. So Steve, may he rest in peace, was the reason apple and adobe were not friends. But apple is paying for that choice now I think.

I want to see the bb 10 browser load non mobile sites and run flash, the demos they are showing mobile cnn etc.
    11-14-12 10:18 AM
    VIVEK!!!!! My man!!!
    11-14-12 12:01 PM
    I saw in another video the word "hub" under the little BlackBerry button. So it's safe to assume that the three dots replaced by the bb logo was for the hub. The newest video with the smaller icons shows a fast fluid gorgeous OS that looks ready for prime time Bring it,take my money please, I'm begging here!!!
    11-15-12 06:37 PM
    Missing the space bar is something I absolutely hate on the PlayBooks keyboard so the fact that in BB10 it will correct your misspellings by adding that space in between words is a fantastic feature!!! I can not wait for BB10 to hit phones and PlayBooks
    But will it understand that "whatninwantntonsay" actually means "what i want to say"? That's my most commong issue with the PB's keyboard :/
    11-15-12 07:19 PM
    Strangely, although I've always loved the appearance of BB10 (except for those icons...), once I saw the change from the three dots to the BB symbol, it felt very comfortable and still beautiful. It looked just that bit more like a blackberry operating system.
    11-15-12 07:28 PM

Not sure if I explained it the best, but its something extremely tiny that irritates me that would be such a small fix.

Hope you're listening RIM / can anyone verify if it already does this or not?
    I'm sure RIM has thought of this. Pressing space twice on the BlackBerry keyboard will automatically put in a period and a space afterwards. Therefore (although this is just a guess), if you press space after you swipe up a word (and it already puts in a space), it should put in a period.
    11-15-12 07:31 PM
    But will it understand that "whatninwantntonsay" actually means "what i want to say"? That's my most commong issue with the PB's keyboard :/
    Another benefit from the SwiftKey underpinnings I believe - check out this SwiftKey 3 video - watch around 1:28

SwiftKey 3 Beta - New Features - YouTube
    11-15-12 08:33 PM
    "You are going to able to run 8 applications in one time"

You need a mammoth of a battery to be able to sustain such a thing!!
    11-15-12 08:39 PM
37 12