so let me start out by saying that i am obviously a dedicated blackberry user. BUT!!! im also a girl, so of course when i saw this phone, i nearly fainted. of course its not available for us verizon users (as usual, thanks vzw!!) ....
    so what do you all think of it? ive been reading some reviews and heard mostly positive things..... yes, i understand it isnt a blackberry, but it suuuuure is purrrdy!
    05-05-08 11:02 AM
    My girlfriend had a Prada phone last year (must have been the first model) it was great to begin with but after a while the touch screen became a nightmare & was very unresponsive.

If they have fixed their touch technology then its a winner for the ladies
    05-05-08 11:09 AM
    I'm more of a juicy girl myself....but do you have any pictures?! or links? I have VZW too boo
    05-05-08 11:12 AM
    05-05-08 11:16 AM
    My girlfriend had a Prada phone last year (must have been the first model) it was great to begin with but after a while the touch screen became a nightmare & was very unresponsive.

If they have fixed their touch technology then its a winner for the ladies
    i actually heard that is one of the things they fixed was the touchscreen on this newer model. my mom works for verizon and said they were supposed to have it but she hasnt heard anything for like the last year about it. i mean, geez, we just now are getting the curve!!!
    05-05-08 11:17 AM
    OH WOW that's awesome. I WANT IT!!! lol. But i guess not enough to switch carriers, VZW has the best coverage in my area Maybe they'll make a CDMA version

But TY for giving me something else to want lol!
    05-05-08 11:21 AM
    girl i know i want it sooo bad, but i love my blackberry! im torn!!
    05-05-08 11:23 AM
    The LG Voyager is almost the same phone. They share a very similar OS and have the same type of haptic touchscreen technology. The only problem is that Verizon has "VZW Interfaced" the Voyager like they always do with all their phones; which of course reduces the sleek, sexy look of the menus and icons.

Its not really a smartphone either. I am only saying that because if you need a smartphone for work or something, switching to a phone like the Prada (or the Voyager, since you are on VZW, for that matter) most likely wouldn't be a good idea. Its more like a "not-dumb" multimedia phone.
    05-05-08 11:37 AM
    The LG Voyager is almost the same phone. They share a very similar OS and have the same type of haptic touchscreen technology. The only problem is that Verizon has "VZW Interfaced" the Voyager like they always do with all their phones; which of course reduces the sleek, sexy look of the menus and icons.

Its not really a smartphone either. I am only saying that because if you need a smartphone for work or something, switching to a phone like the Prada (or the Voyager, since you are on VZW, for that matter) most likely wouldn't be a good idea. Its more like a "not-dumb" multimedia phone.
    haha.. a not dumb phone..

well, i have heard nothing bad bad juju about the voyager. its full of bugs to the best of my knowledge.

in the article i read about the prada phone, it said that the phone will basically do everything a blackberry will do, including all the email features and everything. the article also went on to say that you can receive emails to the phone that include file attachments like excel sheets and whatnot and view them on your phone for work.

the touchscreen is the only thing i would really worry about, as im not a big fan and i dont trust them.
    05-05-08 11:46 AM
    haha.. a not dumb phone..

well, i have heard nothing bad bad juju about the voyager. its full of bugs to the best of my knowledge.

in the article i read about the prada phone, it said that the phone will basically do everything a blackberry will do, including all the email features and everything. the article also went on to say that you can receive emails to the phone that include file attachments like excel sheets and whatnot and view them on your phone for work.

the touchscreen is the only thing i would really worry about, as im not a big fan and i dont trust them.
    Well, if that is the case, then I stand corrected. I don't know too much about that particular phone outside of what I read when there was a potential lawsuit between LG and Apple for the theft of concept. Anyway, I will keep my mouth shut now. .
    05-05-08 11:50 AM
    haha.. i wasnt trying to correct you, just throwing around my 2 cents for what its worth.

im no tech genius, believe me.... all i know is that i saw a pretty phone and i want it!!
    05-05-08 11:54 AM
    The only thing they did to draw people into that phone as opposed to the iPhone is that they just stenciled the word "Prada" onto it. Oh, marketing..
    05-05-08 12:12 PM
    The only thing they did to draw people into that phone as opposed to the iPhone is that they just stenciled the word "Prada" onto it. Oh, marketing..
    i can see where that would be true, yes, but if you do a comparison, the prada phone (manufactured by lg - hands down one of the best brands in cell phones/etc today) does a heck of a lot more than the iphone as far as "business functionality" and doesnt have the bugs and cons that the iphone does.
    05-05-08 12:18 PM
    I like this phone, but I think I've got too much invested in my Pearl now. I had an iPhone for a while and wasn't to much of a fan of the touchscreen either....but I'll keep this in mind for the future!
    05-05-08 12:24 PM
    The Prada was made first and released overseas first though. The iPhone was generally considered a rip-off of the Prada to anyone that knew about it.
    05-05-08 12:50 PM
    Actually AT&T released the Prada version for the States, called the Vu... it was released today. I've been thinking of getting this device as I'm a gadget freak.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...sku=sku2490219

LG Vu officially available from AT&T - Engadget Mobile
    05-05-08 01:02 PM
    Actually AT&T released the Prada version for the States, called the Vu... it was released today. I've been thinking of getting this device as I'm a gadget freak.

LG VU(TM) Cell Phone - | Wireless from AT&T, formerly Cingular

LG Vu officially available from AT&T - Engadget Mobile
    so im confused.... the vu? what is that, its not the lg prada phone....
    in fact, you can only purchase the prada phone unlocked for at&t and t-mobile through compusa and tiger somethin-or-other.... you cant purchase it directly from either carrier.
    05-05-08 01:08 PM
    It also has our version of mobile TV that we released today as well.

05-05-08 01:10 PM
    The Prada was made first and released overseas first though. The iPhone was generally considered a rip-off of the Prada to anyone that knew about it.
    Interesting.. I would still rather wait and get a 2nd Gen. iPhone.. but that's just me.. and because of the fact that I do not like LG. I also have friends that work for Apple.. I'm biased. Haha.
    05-05-08 01:11 PM
    so im confused.... the vu? what is that, its not the lg prada phone....
    in fact, you can only purchase the prada phone unlocked for at&t and t-mobile through compusa and tiger somethin-or-other.... you cant purchase it directly from either carrier.
    Well the Vu is the branded version of the Prada. This is the phone everyone thought Verizon was going to get first.
    05-05-08 01:14 PM
    hmm... its true. as i mentioned earlier, my mom works for verizon and they were supposed to have the prada phone in time for the holiday 07 season. still nothin. typical verizon.

at any rate, what are you guys selling the vu for, and what are the principle differences between it and the prada?
    and would it be fair to say that verizon got the voyager in.. well, for lack of better phrase, lieu of the vu??
    05-05-08 01:16 PM
    The Vu is exactly what the Prada phone is.. but it doesn't say Prada and it is still like 500 bucks..

CORRECTION: AT&T is offering the VU for 399.99 and it comes with a $100 MIR.
    Last edited by janessaclark; 05-05-08 at 01:18 PM.
    05-05-08 01:16 PM
    so its exactly the same???? why would they release two identical phones??
    05-05-08 01:22 PM
    Well... I don't think it has GPS on it.

Also the voyager is huge and thick. The Vu is thin and actually has gotten, "it's too thin" comments.
    05-05-08 01:25 PM
    Well... I don't think it has GPS on it.

Also the voyager is huge and thick. The Vu is thin and actually has gotten, "it's too thin" comments.
    no i mean the vu and the prada phone. not the vu and the voyager
    how could a phone be too thin, anyway!?!
    05-05-08 01:27 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD