So I just got my 9700 today, after ordering it on Friday. I followed the instructions of using it the first time, and mobile networked was founded and all.I tried to set up my email, but that didnt work, as it had no option for a BIS account. I tried to connect to wifi, but that doesnt work as well.

I've searched on here, and followed the Lectures and faqs, but nothing helped. Im thinking it has something to do with my plan. My new plan does not start until Nov 28th, and right now I just have a voice plan. What I am not understanding is why I cannot go on wifi. Perhaps the BIS is restricted to a data plan, which doesnt start until the 28th.

I searched around here, and people seem to have trouble with Belkin and Netgear routers. I have a Netgear WGT624v3. The 9700 sees it, but the wifi icon is gray, no matter what encryption it is on.

Please helpppp

UPDATEEE: Now I know wifi works, but I dont know whether I am using data or wifi. Or I dont know how to switch between the two so that I dont use up my soon-to-be data.
    Last edited by poonpower; 11-09-10 at 03:17 PM.
    11-09-10 12:27 AM
    When you launch the browser, does it give you an error?

If you can't use it until you get the servicebooks from the carrier before the 28th, it might not work.

I haven't had any problems with netgear routers, only belkin. The icon will remain grey until the data plan is activated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-10 01:31 AM
    Try this: go to your browser, go option, then click on the first and second setting, and change it to hotspot browser.

Good luck.

11-09-10 03:32 AM
    hmm, I think i've got it.
    I had to turn on Data Services in the Mobile network options. But does that mean I will always be on data when I do have a data plan? I want to be able to go on wifi when Im in a wifi zone, and use data when Im on the move.
    11-09-10 10:20 AM
    hmm, I think i've got it.
    I had to turn on Data Services in the Mobile network options. But does that mean I will always be on data when I do have a data plan? I want to be able to go on wifi when Im in a wifi zone, and use data when Im on the move.
    When wifi is turned on, data from your carrier is not used at all, so don't worry.

11-09-10 04:30 PM
    hmm, but then i get a sms saying i have attempted to use a data application without a data plan. I just opened the browser, not even google maps or the facebook app or anything like that.

I am quite confused at all this. I cant even get gps to work.
    11-09-10 04:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD