I had a used older model curve, my brother never set up email on it, so I did the whole walk, user id and added all my email accts... Well My son flushed it down the toliet and so to speak its gone. My sister in law works for Alltel, which is where we have our accounts through. So she had won and extra BB Curve 8530, which I have come to adore.... Being an Iphone user I had a hard time going back...... But, It is telling me the device already has username and password set up on email and will not let me set up.. I can not remember my username from the other device, and I cant send it to it, well because it doesnt work.. It doesnt give you an option to reset from email. So, I tried calling Alltel, She looked at it and said she never seen one out of the box do that..... Any ideas, I did a full reboot and it is giving me the same message..... Help? Anyway to recover my info (username and pw) that I had on my old device from email? Or to set up past this message?
    08-21-10 09:33 PM
    you need to contact Alltel and have them disconnect your old phones info off of your account. then you should be able to add it to your new device.
    08-21-10 09:44 PM
    Yup. Call Alltel. They should be able to look up your BIS account from your old phone and reset the account for you (including password). I have no clue why there would be something already set up on the 8530, but you should be able to switch to your account (once you have username and password).
    08-22-10 07:32 AM
    It maybe a returned device before and Alltel just repackaged it but didn't wipe the device from the owner before.
    08-22-10 10:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD