A month ago I put a new OS on my phone. But now I want to put a different one. I am downloading a new one as I write this, but my question is. Do I have to delete the old OS out of my computer? before I install the new one on to my computer thanks
    01-11-11 06:27 PM
    yes delete the older OS your not using off your computer. And if your not using a carrier specific OS, make sure you delete the vendor file.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 06:43 PM
    like what folder do I delete? Apploader or research motion? thanks
    01-11-11 06:45 PM
    delete the vendor.xml file ONLY if the OS your installing is not the same as your carrier.
    Ie.- If you have Sprint and your installing an official Sprint OS, then DON'T delete anything. But if your Sprint installing a leaked OS then you have to delete the vendor.xml file.

01-11-11 06:53 PM
    To answer the question.

1. Yes delete off the OS you are not using. Save more space in computer too.
    2. Vendor.xml is located in C drive > Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader > Vendor (located inside AppLoader file).

However, if you are using BBSAK to upload, BBSAK will auto delete for you. if you use Loader.exe, then you got to do it manually.

If you are unsure, check on my signature. I have the guides there

*ouch, PinkDiamond beat me
    Last edited by reginald_1986; 01-11-11 at 06:56 PM.
    01-11-11 06:54 PM
    To answer the question.

1. Yes delete off the OS you are not using. Save more space in computer too.
    2. Vendor.xml is located in C drive > Program Files > Common Files > Research In Motion > AppLoader > Vendor (located inside AppLoader file).

However, if you are using BBSAK to upload, BBSAK will auto delete for you. if you use Loader.exe, then you got to do it manually.

If you are unsure, check on my signature. I have the guides there
    I was just going into my bookmarks to post your links! Ya beat me to it! LOL!

01-11-11 06:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD