can I put a password just on my e-mail?
    Ihave 2 icons both are envelopes and one has a world on it...messages is the first one then the 2nd one is my e-mail account. Seems they are duplicates to me? what is the difference. I have gone in the option that says separate e-mail and sms (can't find it now) but everything is still merged...thanks
    07-12-08 07:34 PM
    1) not that I know of.

2) No difference at all. I just hide the individual email icons, and just use Messages.
    07-12-08 07:36 PM
    thanks for the quick replies..to all questions
    07-12-08 07:45 PM
    if I hide the icon...will it stop the messages from going there...or do I still need to delete in both locations?
    07-12-08 07:48 PM
    If you delete emails in the messages folder they will also delete from the email folder.
    07-12-08 07:49 PM
    1) 2) No difference at all. I just hide the individual email icons, and just use Messages.
    I do the same thing, it has always seemed very redundant to me to have so many message boxes.

To the OP: As for the "separation" that you did... here is what happens. You have an Inbox for each email address synced with your blackberry and an "all encompassing" message inbox, and (now) an sms/mms box. Before your "separation" this is what you had:

Messages - all SMS, MMS, all emails, and POSSIBLY missed calls.
    Email Inbox #1 - Emails from account #1 only
    Email Inbox #2 - Emails from account #2 only

After your separation, this is what you had:

Messages - all SMS, MMS, all emails, and POSSIBLY missed calls.
    Email Inbox #1 - Emails from account #1 only
    Email Inbox #2 - Emails from account #2 only
    SMS/MMS Inbox - SMS and MMS messages only

So... you now have a separate SMS/MMS Inbox, but they are ALSO still in that all encompassing Messages inbox.

Personally, I don't use anything but that all encompassing "Messages" icon and hide the rest.

To access the SMS and Email Inboxes option again: From the Messages folder click Menu>Options>General Options>SMS and Email Inboxes
    Last edited by pashan; 07-12-08 at 07:52 PM.
    07-12-08 07:50 PM
    first...thanks for the tip on just checking messages and deleting there will delete both. I've hidden the one icon...but it still shows. It's just lighter on the screen. Now I'm reading the manual on how to file a message but when I highlight the message and hit options, I don't see file...I just see save, view saved files, view folder. I even tried the short cut and hit the "i" key but it doesn't do anything. I want to make my own folder to keep certain messages. Is that possible?
    07-12-08 10:01 PM
    "Lighter on the screen" - From the home screen, hit menu, uncheck Show All. This will hide all the "ghost" icons.

Not sure about Filing messages, I just select save when I need to keep one.
    07-12-08 10:05 PM
    If you delete emails in the messages folder they will also delete from the email folder.
    yes they will
    07-12-08 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD