...to understand something. Okay you are all going to laugh, but I'm learning about all this stuff.

When you unlock your blackberrry torch does this mean you have access to download free apps.

Not sure how to download free apps onto a blackbery...got good with the iphone (unlocking and downloading free apps) but now the bb world is new to me.

Any help is great.

09-10-10 10:30 PM
    No, unlocking refers to being allowed to 'open' the device electronically and load another carrier's SIM into the device and use it on that network.

You can download a number of free apps from various sources, whether it is BlackBerry App World, CrackBerry, or a host of developers. You don't have to 'jailbreak' a BB, nor be tied only to App World as a source for your software. There isn't quite the 'flood' of apps available for the iPhone, but the freedom to download and customize your device to your tastes is nice.

Apps can be loaded a couple of ways. One is via the Apploader in the Desktop Manager software you received with your device.

The other is OTA (over the air) through your BlackBerry browser direct from the internet. A number of the free apps can be found at the top of your page marked 'Downloads' where several categories are set up.

To get the most of the basics figured out , I'll refer you to the BlackBerry bible, also known as
    Also, here are the How-Tos and Tips for a number of different things. http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/

Welcome
    To the CrackBerry forums!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 09-10-10 at 11:03 PM.
    09-10-10 10:43 PM
    LOL He was referring to cracking apps. Like pirating them. When you jailbreak an iPhone there is an app called Installous that allows you to download paid apps for free that people crack and upload.
    09-10-10 11:22 PM
    It is against forum rules to discuss any use of Warez.

From this thread:
    Keep it Legal
    No posting of Warez in the forums, such as links to download warez, instructions on "cracking" software, or "workarounds" that enable people to utilize for-pay services without paying. Posting this kind of content can result in an immediate and permanent ban. These kinds of activities can get CrackBerry.com in trouble, and nobody wants that, so just don't do it.
    09-10-10 11:30 PM
    LOL He was referring to cracking apps. Like pirating them. When you jailbreak an iPhone there is an app called Installous that allows you to download paid apps for free that people crack and upload.
    Well, if that's the case, if it's a paid app, you need an activation code, and without that, the app is useless. If it comes down to pirating something, I'm afraid that isn't something I'd be posting on the site.

09-10-10 11:30 PM
    It is against forum rules to discuss any use of Warez.

From this thread:
    Thanks, Laura, I was about to add that myself.

09-10-10 11:33 PM
    Thanks, Laura, I was about to add that myself.

No problem. I'd like to keep new members out of trouble so they can stay around and learn more about their devices.
    09-10-10 11:37 PM
    ...to understand something. Okay you are all going to laugh, but I'm learning about all this stuff.

When you unlock your blackberrry torch does this mean you have access to download free apps.

Not sure how to download free apps onto a blackbery...got good with the iphone (unlocking and downloading free apps) but now the bb world is new to me.

Any help is great.

Unlocking a device allows you to use it on other GSM networks.
    09-12-10 01:53 PM
    Torchnewbie, there are numerous free apps to install that serve your purposes quite nicely. Most paid apps have a free trial so you can try before you buy.

Welcome to Crackberry!

09-12-10 03:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD