Has anyone noticed any bad memory leak from the new MySpace Application?

I cleared out some .cod's were I typically have 20+ MBs on my 8330. Recently however for some reason my calendar has been massively deleting its entries, and my File free can jump from 11 to 18 MB. I have also got an out of memory error while browsing the web.

The MySpace application is the most recent application I have added. ( Only other application would Viigo's Proj Tango )

Any thoughts?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 08:38 PM
    I have noticed a massive memory leake on my 8310 mine has dropped down to 9.3 mb within a day

11-20-08 08:59 PM
    I think I'm going to uninstall it.
    11-20-08 09:02 PM
    I've been thinking about that to, or at least until a better version comes out....

11-21-08 12:43 PM
    I uninstalled it very quickly after installing it. The hour glass was popping up very often after in installed myspace. It needs to be improved before I will consider using it again.
    11-21-08 02:11 PM
    I have a Pearl and I actually haven't been having issues with memory from MySpace like I was expecting to.

11-21-08 02:23 PM
    I was waiting for someone to start a thread about this! I hadn't seen any others, and was going to just start one myself but instead saw this one.

I've noticed an extreme memory loss while keeping the app open and in the backgeound, as well as while using it. They need to do a massive overhaul of this app and fast! There are just way too many bugs and issues, with the memory leak being by far the worst...

Nice attempt, but uninstalling, and waiting for an update.

11-21-08 07:39 PM
    I did notice this and now its not on my berry.....it would start at 51 and withing 6-8 hr its down to 31mb
    11-21-08 07:41 PM
    I noticed major memory leaks after installing the myspace app. I really liked the app but all my messages would disappear every other day. I un-installed it along with the nobex streaming radio app. Did anyone notice memory leaks with that app? I'll install them again and see for sure if they were the real problem.

Last edited by pinkpearl8130; 11-26-08 at 03:01 PM.
    11-26-08 02:57 PM
    I'm uninstalling it tonight because of the memory leak. I don't even use it and its throwing my memory right out the window.

11-26-08 03:29 PM
    Glad to know, the Facebook app is killer on memory as well...

11-26-08 03:36 PM
    phew.. Glad I'm not alone I thought this thread was going to get buried lol.
    11-26-08 08:35 PM
    YUP!!! I have memory leak problems with myspace,facebook, viigo, and believe it or not, VZ Nav!
    11-26-08 09:06 PM
    I'm on Verizon with a 8130 and have had major memory loss down to 1MB! Have facebook, myspace and nobex. Didn't know what the problem was. Can you tell specifically which app is causing the loss or is it just trial and error. Nobex didn't work for me but I liked the facebook and myspace - but they all have to go.

11-26-08 09:51 PM
    Same here - uninstalled nearly as soon as I installed the app.

11-26-08 10:03 PM
    Pretty much trial and error.. Of course I do mean massive memory leak were I lost my Calendar and that never happened until I put MySpace App. I don't usually add/remove apps on a daily basis from my BlackBerry.

I've got:
    DataVault - Had this for over a year.
    Viigo - Beta 3.. I do not keep this running all the time.
    Texas Hold'Em Kings 3 - Had this since the release.
    BeeJive - running this for 10 months
    WeatherBug Direct - running this about 8 months
    Cram - running this since the release
    BeamReader - for about 2 months.
    On top of about 10 browser shortcuts and the normal DTG/OS 4.5 stuff.

After a Battery pull I got 20+ MB of mem. I've never lost a single calendar entry after running the MySpace App I lost 95% of my calendar (only had about a dozen or so events in there. compared to my normal 150+)
    11-26-08 10:35 PM
    hmmm...I haven't had any issued with Myspace at all. I use it all the time and love it
    11-26-08 10:37 PM
    I was able to use it with no problems , but it was using a ton of memory. I have other programs that have a lot more to them and use way less memory. Not worth having unless they can stop it from eating a ton of memory.

11-26-08 11:53 PM
    my facebook is screwing me....and maybe both, im thinking of getting rid of myspace......who would we complain/feedback too?
    11-27-08 01:16 AM
    I have it on my new Bold and it doesn't work at all. It worked one time about 2 weeks ago, in that when I had a message it would intercept the e-mail and put the red star on the icon and up at the top, but it quit.

Since then I uninstalled it (and boy was that a nightmare that scared me half to death!) I went into applications and deleted it and it wanted to do a master reset. When I did that, a lot of my icons were missing - texts, e-mails, etc. I was on hold with AT&T and decided to pull my battery and everything came back. So I have it back on there now and it STILL doesn't work. I'm just scared to remove it after what happened last time. Afraid I won't get lucky twice.

Does anyone know if the remedy (if it comes) would most likely be in the form of an update or a new app altogether?

Facebook has always worked like a charm for me, but not MySpace. It stinks!
    11-27-08 01:25 AM
    Is there someway you can see how much memory each app is using?
    11-27-08 01:43 AM
    I do not beleive so, I think Boxtone has an app that keep track of memory usage but that is as a whole, not individual apps.
    11-27-08 10:00 AM
    from what I see from trial and error, these programs seem to leak a lot of memory when they are continuously signed on. I don't think you have to totally remove them. I sign them off and when I need them, I just sign on manually. Still conveniant since u don't have to put in any addresses in the web browser
    11-27-08 10:37 AM
    i also noticed that when u sign on to all the messengers at the same time including myspace, facebook, and whatever else u have signed on continuously (even flickr), it will cause problems.

Tip that works for me is to try signing on to all these programs one at a time as you may need them. Signing on to everything all the time will wreek havik on your BB
    11-27-08 10:41 AM
    I went from 50+ MB down to about 37 MB in one night! Bye, bye Myspace app!
    11-27-08 11:37 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD