I may be real late to the party with this, but I've discovered that I can actually listen to music while my BB is plugged in and charging. It has always been one of my pet peeves that while I have otherwise full functionality, I couldn't listen to music. I'm guessing that was one of the OS 6.0 changes. Or, was I just being a noob before?
    07-17-11 05:26 PM
    I've always been able to listen to music while on charge, from 4.3, 4.5, 4.6, 5.0, and 6. I use my devices as a portable juke in my truck quite a bit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-17-11 05:29 PM
    Ok, then I'll write it off to chronic noobiness
    07-17-11 05:42 PM
    Doesn't it depend on how you're charging? For example, it used to be that if plugged in via USB to a computer, you couldn't play music, or something.
    07-17-11 05:55 PM
    Doesn't it depend on how you're charging? For example, it used to be that if plugged in via USB to a computer, you couldn't play music, or something.
    I'm thinking that it had to do with mass storage mode. Now that you have the option of 'charge only' it actually lets me play my music while plugged in via usb.
    07-17-11 06:02 PM
    You can even listen while playing youtube videos, you'll have to mute one though lol but they both play at the same time.

07-17-11 07:38 PM
    Been using it that way since I got mine last year. OLD 8330 Os5.

07-17-11 07:57 PM
    For whatever reason, I never had that option. It always said to disconnect BB to listen to music.
    07-17-11 08:07 PM
    That's why we all love coming here. We would all have to own every BB from every carrier, with every Os to experience all the different quirks. It's so much faster to go to CB!

07-17-11 09:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD