So, I'm a new Crackberrier and was wondering how people felt about the new marketplace rules. Here's 1 more to my 2 posts I made since I joined - a long way to go to 200..
    02-07-09 04:38 PM
    Just post like crazy up till you reach 200 if you need to sell something. Its 2 sided, if there were honest people on here this rule wouldn't be necessary but I do think 200 posts is a little high. Maybe 100 might have been more appropriate. But it's not my site. So to answer your question honestly I think it's stupid but people will now just be post whores when selling something
    02-07-09 07:33 PM
    Just post like crazy up till you reach 200 if you need to sell something. Its 2 sided, if there were honest people on here this rule wouldn't be necessary but I do think 200 posts is a little high. Maybe 100 might have been more appropriate. But it's not my site. So to answer your question honestly I think it's stupid but people will now just be post whores when selling something

I dont think people will turn into post whores, because keep in mind, if the mods notice this, they can delete the posts, or ban the member from the forums right from the get-go. People dont realize that its really not all that difficult to hit 200 posts, and do it the right way. Start helping people out, which is what the forum is meant to be, instead of worrying about the marketplace so much. All this bickering of the marketplace rules is going to lead to a removal of the marketplace...
    02-07-09 07:37 PM
    Posting up doesn't work either... three months tenure is also required.
    02-07-09 07:37 PM
    There's always eBay, Craigslist, Kijiji... CB isn't your only option.
    02-07-09 07:40 PM

I nearly forgot about that too!

To me the rules are completely fair, and hopefully will have a favorable outcome!
    02-07-09 07:40 PM
    Correct. This is for your protection as well as other members protection as well. Will this solve every problem? No. But CB must do everything possible(within reason) to prevent some of the things that's been happening in the Marketplace. So please keep this in mind when discussing the new policies. Thanks.
    02-07-09 07:41 PM
    Correct. This is for your protection as well as other members protection as well. Will this solve every problem? No. But CB must do everything possible(within reason) to prevent some of the things that's been happening in the Marketplace. So please keep this in mind when discussing the new policies. Thanks.

I dont want to beat a dead horse here so this will be the last time I post regarding this.

1. You guys are the bosses so members can either listen and abide to the rules or LEAVE.

2. I've been around for almost 2 years now but only have 40 posts. I usually take more advice than I give - I was about to sell a Curve but now I will wait or go elsewhere, which is fine by the way.

3. The site is full of great information and people - keep up the good work.

4. It stinks that this had to be done but it's nice that the mods are looking out for us - some people may see this as a punishment and take it personally but the mods did what they felt was necessary to implement some order in that forum.
    02-07-09 09:17 PM
    new rules seem good tho.
    02-07-09 10:09 PM
    After further discussion and member feedback, we're making a further change to the marketplace policy. It's 100 posts / 3 months in order to sell items. To post replies in the forums, there is only a minimum requirement of 10 posts (same as posting URLs). As always, buyer beware. This should still keep the scammers out with strict policies on selling, but keeps the audience of potential buyers wide open.

MEMBER POSTING CRITERIA
    - To create a thread in this forum to sell an item you must have a minimum CrackBerry post count of 100 and be a member of the site for at least three months.
    - To post replies to threads, the minimum post count is 10 (same as posting URLs). As always, buyer beware.
    02-07-09 10:22 PM
    As a moderator at another forum, I have to say that I am really impressed with the way the CB team is handling this. We were having the same problem at our forum with scammers and sketchy sellers, and it took us a while to sort it out (we ended up making the sales section of our forum for "subscribers" only). I have no need to buy, sell, or trade here yet so this doesn't really affect me, but I think the new criteria are fair and will reduce the number of scams.

More power to you!
    02-07-09 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD