I went down south and the guy i was staying with was pushing 80mph, drinking a beer, had a rifle in the front seat, talking on his phone and steering with his knee. We passed a cop and he just waived. Believe that and I have to wear a headset in NY.

YOU HAVE BEEN HERE! Man they dont even care if you have a windshield!
    No state inspections either any P.O.S. you can get to start you can drive it!
    they just started requiring insurance a few years ago.

HEADSET? WE DONT NEED NO STINKING HEADSET!
    06-27-08 02:23 PM
    That sucks!!! I had a Moto something or other when BT heasets just starting becoming a "fad" 3 yrs ago... now I do not use anything. Ohio does not have the laws yet

This might actually make things worse for some people... they might get confused by the headset!! haha (sad, but true)

And now everyone in CA will get those strange looks when walking somewhere and talking on BT... and people think you are talking to yourself. Classic!! lmao!
    06-27-08 02:24 PM
    A friend of mine was in the marines and he used to flash id too lol.
    My other friend works for the state police so she gives us cards. They usually always work.
    06-27-08 02:24 PM
    I love my insigna bluetooth handphones not sure of the model. They look like the moto H820 but unlike the moto's they are always in stereo either on music or on the phone. So I never have an issue heard ppl when I'm on the phone or make any changes when I'm listening to music to answer the phone. Did I mention I love these things. LOL

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 02:25 PM
    Yeah I'm down south no law like that is in effect and yeah you see all kinds of cars running the roads that shouldn't be. But I got a plantronics voyager somewhere in my car or house lying around.

06-27-08 02:28 PM
    YOU HAVE BEEN HERE! Man they dont even care if you have a windshield!
    No state inspections either any P.O.S. you can get to start you can drive it!
    they just started requiring insurance a few years ago.

HEADSET? WE DONT NEED NO STINKING HEADSET!
    I was in North Carolina and thats how it was.
    My ex girl friends dad registered and insured his truck down there cause it was like $100 something a year lmao.
    I went hunting with those guys and I was never as scared as i was then. Flying down dirt roads talking on cb radios cutting deer off and people shooting all different directions. Have you ever seen those gullies by the roads? i watched a guy jump one with is ford.
    06-27-08 02:29 PM
    I went down south and the guy i was staying with was pushing 80mph, drinking a beer, had a rifle in the front seat, talking on his phone and steering with his knee. We passed a cop and he just waived. Believe that and I have to wear a headset in NY.
    might i ask where in the south you went
    06-27-08 02:32 PM
    Jabra 2010. No complaints for the 20 dollars I paid!

06-27-08 02:35 PM
    might i ask where in the south you went
    North Carolina outside Greenville. Its was very interesting. I saw a town called the Stokes too. I dunno where exactly though, I was down with some friends.
    06-27-08 02:35 PM
    Its been that way for a while in Connecticut. I have a Motorola hs 820 and a jabra bt 250v. I never use them though lol.

06-27-08 02:40 PM
    ... they might get confused by the headset!! haha (sad, but true)
    I had one guy as me if it was a hearing aid.

I've got a Motorolo H685 and love it. It's so light (10 grams, 3.5 oz) that I forget that I'm wearing it. Sound quality is awesome.

Oh and the law starts here in Washington on 7/1 also.
    06-27-08 02:40 PM
    Yea I have blacked out windows so when I get stopped for that ill just hang up...I'm in georgia btw

06-27-08 02:50 PM
    I'm looking at https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=DUPcpr3T. For a headset. So I can listen to both music and phone.
    06-27-08 02:58 PM
    U can't be on ur phone while driving unless u got a headset on.

incorrect! You have to be on a hands free device! So if your phone has speaker phone you can use that! Which is what I do!

I hate the headsets.... they make people look like little robots! Like Step into the matrix! UGH I HATE THEM

its like a little herd of people with the "bug" attached to their ear, controlling them like sheep, lol. To each his own though.
    06-27-08 04:59 PM
    are you sure? im gonna have to ask a cop if thats correct
    06-27-08 06:55 PM
    What law?
    Original poster forgot to mention this is a California law.

Effective 7/1/08, no more driving with a cell phone in your hand in California. You must use a bluetooth system to talk in your car.

Rumor has it that the California Highway Patrol are drooling for this law to become active and they are beefing up the ticket books they carry to write as many tickets as they can. Eazy money for the state of California.

Unfortunately, because of ditzy people, this law has become long overdue.

Just this afternoon I was behind a driver who was driving erratically. Sure enough, as soon as you pull up next to her, you see she's on the phone and ignoring her responsibilities as a driver.
    06-27-08 08:20 PM
    Original poster forgot to mention this is a California law.

Effective 7/1/08, no more driving with a cell phone in your hand in California. You must use a bluetooth system to talk in your car.

Rumor has it that the California Highway Patrol are drooling for this law to become active and they are beefing up the ticket books they carry to write as many tickets as they can. Eazy money for the state of California.

Unfortunately, because of ditzy people, this law has become long overdue.

Just this afternoon I was behind a driver who was driving erratically. Sure enough, as soon as you pull up next to her, you see she's on the phone and ignoring her responsibilities as a driver.

Every state should enforce that law. It would save lives!
    06-27-08 08:25 PM
    I have an old motorola bluetooth, but most the time i just use the corded earbud. Still handsfree and don't have to worry about the battery dying
    06-27-08 08:25 PM
    they don't require bluetooth in the California law. Not car bluetooth or bluetooth earpiece. You just have to be handsfree (which includes wired earbuds). Also doesn't apply to push-to-talk phones and radios. That changes later though. I just remember because I had to research what our fleet of trucks needed to do to comply.
    06-27-08 08:27 PM
    jabra, jawbone, jawbone2
    06-27-08 08:28 PM
    ok well in California the new law is that starting july 1st you cannot drive and be on the phone unless its with a hands free device.
    And Washington State - secondary offense.
    06-27-08 09:49 PM
    some motorola device. cost me 100.00 bucks
    06-27-08 10:04 PM
    I am not even gonna bother with a headset because my new car is going to have Bluetooth in it but the car I have now doesn't have it so I will have speaker phone on or just deny it when he says you were on the phone do you have a picture if not then what proof? I've won in court on something much worse I reckon I can do it again

06-27-08 10:07 PM
    The first offense is $20.00
    If you are under 18 you CANNOT use a wireless phone!.
    And by the way if you are of course over 21 and love to party on July 4, using phone is PROBABLE cause to stop and access. Easy DUI.

New Cellular Phone Laws that Go Into Effect July 1, 2008
    06-27-08 11:43 PM
    Plantronics Explorer 330
    07-03-08 06:56 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD